Alpinestars Fastlane shoe - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Riding Gear

Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

Old 05-04-12, 18:28   #11
carado1984

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ots/web1001106

///Matt tipped me off to these. Great flow and protection for the price. Way better than my combats Wouldnt recommend for the track but for a street boot, way better than anything in its price range.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-12, 23:23   #12
doug48843

Send a message via AIM to doug48843

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdream View Post
I never understood why some riders will look at any possible alternative to boots.
For me, it's all about my ability to find a boot that fits. I have large calves and I can't find a taller boot that I can actually zip up fully. I've tried several and no go. Not going to do me much good zipped up/fastened half way.

I wear Alpinestars SMX2's and am very happy with them, both for the level of protection they offer for a mid-cut boot and for their overall comfort and fit.

Old 05-06-12, 00:32   #13
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

There are a few dudes on here that have big calfs and found plenty of boots that fit them. Especially the racing boots get pretty wide. My Puma Desmos GTX allow a big calf and so do my v3s

Old 04-22-14, 20:52   #14
kennungesser

Well, thought I would give the Cortech Latigo Air RR Boots a shot. Ordered them tonight, and should be here by the weekend, I hope. Although the Alpines held up well enough in my low speed off, I did get the peg in the shin. I can't imagine how bad that would have been if I had been going much faster. Ever since TwoWheeledWonder pointed them out to me at the beginning of this thread, I have been keeping an eye on 'em. Have seen many good reviews on them, so it should be a definite upgrade.
As for the Alpinestars...we have a 300' sandstone mountain in the middle of town that I grew up climbing on as a kid. I'll bet the soles would be pretty good for climbing that.

Old 04-22-14, 20:57   #15
DaytonaSpidey

I have the waterproof latigos not a single complaint and they ARE waterproof lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 04-22-14, 22:01   #16
Lets Get Weird

Edit just realized you were talkin about a diff boot

Last edited by Lets Get Weird; 04-22-14 at 22:05. Reason: I'm silly

Old 04-25-14, 21:03   #17
kennungesser

Just came in today. Boots look and feel awesome. But there was a small defect and they are going to be sent back.The left toe slider was installed improperly, and the bottom edge of it was UNDER the boot. Didn't seem to be a problem at first, as I figured I could adjust them as they are replaceable. No dice. The second screw was stripped out and would not loosen up.Almost as if the screw was forced in crooked and the "nut" is spinning inside the boot. I called and sent pics to revzilla, and they are already sending a new pair. Will be sending these back in the morning. too bad though, cause I was really looking forward to riding in them tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement