Foot positioning confusion - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Riding Skills

Riding Skills Tips, lessons, experiences, etc. Beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Old 04-16-12, 23:43   #11
///Matt

Yeah, Jerico, my foot does what yours is doing in the beginning, and rolls to the outside of the peg. Is that acceptible, or should I try to correct myself? I feel like it's a bad habit.
- Racetech fork valves and springs - Competition Werkes integrated smoked taillight and FE - Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen - CRG RC2 levers - Sato frame sliders - GB Racing case covers - StompGrip tank grips - Proton flushmount signals -

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-12, 00:04   #12
illsynd
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt View Post
Yeah, Jerico, my foot does what yours is doing in the beginning, and rolls to the outside of the peg. Is that acceptible, or should I try to correct myself? I feel like it's a bad habit.
Once you do the Pridmore school they will tell you to weight the inside for most of CVR. The only time I weight the outside is turn 13 (bowl) and turn 9 which is off camber. Heres Nicky Haydens brother Roger at CVR CLICK HERE. TO me this is correct foot position, mine is almost there I just need to slide my foot in more so I stop dragging my dang toes...You can see his foot slip at times and I tend to do this also on those fast switch back corners...

Quote:
One Vision Racing - CVMA # 509

Old 04-17-12, 02:06   #13
Tripped1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsynd View Post
Once you do the Pridmore school they will tell you to weight the inside for most of CVR. The only time I weight the outside is turn 13 (bowl) and turn 9 which is off camber. Heres Nicky Haydens brother Roger at CVR CLICK HERE. TO me this is correct foot position, mine is almost there I just need to slide my foot in more so I stop dragging my dang toes...You can see his foot slip at times and I tend to do this also on those fast switch back corners...

That is pretty awesome.

There is your slow is fast in action, I have no doubt he's hauling ass, but there is no sense of rush in his movement.

Those are really cool videos, I would love to see my feet from that angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2faded View Post

.....says "not for street use" as well.. or it did till i grinded it off with the dremel

Old 04-19-12, 16:55   #14
Papachristou

first off, neither you or i are motogp riders so i wouldnt go by what they do. thats not to say you cant learn a few things. i used to ride hooked in before i got boots but they forced to me to ride on the balls of my feet. the feel of the bike improved instantly. it took some getting used to but ive passed this onto a few noob friends and they all report better composure and cornering too.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 04-19-12, 16:57   #15
///Matt

I ride in boots every time I'm on the bike (bilt Trackstars)... I was just concerned about getting my foot position right. Without proper foot position, you can literally mess up every other aspect of body position.
- Racetech fork valves and springs - Competition Werkes integrated smoked taillight and FE - Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen - CRG RC2 levers - Sato frame sliders - GB Racing case covers - StompGrip tank grips - Proton flushmount signals -

Old 04-20-12, 11:43   #16
Papachristou

Quote:
I ride in boots every time I'm on the bike (bilt Trackstars)... I was just concerned about getting my foot position right. Without proper foot position, you can literally mess up every other aspect of body position.
yeah, it is a common injury if you arent wearing boots. i have two friends that wrecked and both had to have ankle surgeries. there is a guy in the main forum that had to have one too. just a quick ride he said.... putting on boots is quicker!

Old 07-12-12, 09:27   #17
whip_00

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsynd View Post
Here you go CLICK HERE my rear brake foot is basically how those photos look above
Thanks so much, this video really helped clear up some of my own confusion i was having about foot position!

Old 07-12-12, 14:41   #18
Papachristou

Quote:
It's been drilled into my head by many different sources (professional riding coaches, books, video's, etc) that you should always be on the balls of your feet while riding aggressively. I've put some serious time and effort into training myself to do just that, because if you have poor foot positioning, it can screw with your entire body position.

But here I sit, watching MotoGP, and all the riders seem to be going around corners with their outside foot NOT on the ball. They have the peg jammed up into the depression before the heel of their boot. I (obviously) can't see their inside foot, but the outside is making me question my training.

two points for you.

1. none of us are motogp riders, they are several levels up (many levels from me actually) what works for your average track rider is very differenct from what a motogp rider does.

2. this is their outside foot, not their inside. their inside foot will be on their toes to make room. plus all these guys have adjustable rearsets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement