Arizona Emissions Question - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 04-16-12, 19:58   #1
GSE1Fro

Send a message via Yahoo to GSE1Fro
Default Arizona Emissions Question

I've got a quick question about passing Arizona emissions-I've got the full arrow exhaust on the bike and was wondering if anyone in AZ has passed emissions with the system or if I'm going to have to put the stock exhaust back on in order to pass. Also, for those who have been through the emissions process in AZ, what exactly is it that they check? Thanks in advance for any helpful information!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-12, 21:18   #2
decipral

Send a message via Yahoo to decipral

I never had to do emmissions. Your bike has to be 5 yrs old or older. I moved out of AZ before that happened. Also, that I know of, Maricopa county is the only county in AZ that holds emissions. There was a law that passed that was waiting on EPA approval that would eliminate Maricopa County emissions. I moved in late 2009 so I am not even sure what the regs are now.
#223 Graphite Grey Daytona 675

Old 04-16-12, 21:24   #3
GSE1Fro

Yeah, I've been researching it online and its 2008 and newer-mines an '07 so I don't make the exemption cut. Another unfortunate problem for me, is I live within the established area (close enough to Phoenix) that I have to adhere to the emissions laws. According to what I found about the new law, it hasn't passed all the EPA hurdles, so I'm still required to go through the testing.

Old 04-17-12, 01:34   #4
decipral

Send a message via Yahoo to decipral

That sucks, from what I was aware of, the EPA had to vote by like 2011. Still sucks all around though. Good luck with it though. You can always go to the station and get the bike emissioned and if it doesn't pass you have the option to try again so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
#223 Graphite Grey Daytona 675

Old 04-17-12, 01:52   #5
nthngwthout

Yes to everything Decipral said. We're still waiting on EPA approval, which is a joke given the evidence, but hopefully it will go through some day.

Haven't had to check mine with the full Leo Vince yet, but I'm not worried. First, they only check idle readings. Second, it's a very, very generous test. My VRod (1130cc) with full custom exhaust and adjusted idle tune had no problems. My roommates tuned Aprilla Mille had no problems. Not even close.

Like Decipral said, just go try, but I wouldn't be worried. Also, check the website with the live photos so you can find an semi-empty time to test. It's getting hot....
Expendables - Pilot Pures, Straight distilled w water wetter, Motul 300v 15w50 oil, CL C59 brakes, Motul brake fluid

Old 04-17-12, 20:23   #6
GSE1Fro

Thanks for the info! Gonna run over tonight and see how things go...

Old 04-18-12, 19:23   #7
nthngwthout

You passed, right?
Expendables - Pilot Pures, Straight distilled w water wetter, Motul 300v 15w50 oil, CL C59 brakes, Motul brake fluid

Old 04-28-14, 19:30   #8
GSE1Fro

Yeah, I passed, sorry for the long delay in response! Lol, by the time I got back to this thread Maricopa county has exempted all motorcycles from emissions testing. Even still the people at the testing site passed my bike without a second look. For those of you that dont know, the Arrow exhaust has "Not for highway use" stamped right on the endbell of the muffler. Thats govt efficiency right there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement