*CRASHED* on the freeway on Thursday, JUST GOT RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 09:00
eldridge216
Member
 
eldridge216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: greensboro nc
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
glad to hear your ok, and i hope your bike is salvageable. i dread idots in cars! so you had surgery on your ankle? or was it on the wound you mentioned? sorry to be nosie, im just curious because i had major ankle reconstruction surgery from a wreck, and i know how aweful it is.

my avatar describes how i feel when im on my daytona

pin to win
eldridge216 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 09:03
Lion
Senior Member
 
Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jers-A-Delphia
Posts: 2,436
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Lion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo671 View Post
Damn that sucks! Hope you heal up quickly. I hear tins of horror stories of folks lane splitting and it is i've of two things...people not paying attention or people hating the idea that you're able/allowed to lane split in the first place!


Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com App
I don't understand that. People here do the same thing and I don't see how my splitting lanes (not legal in PA/NJ/DE) and zooming thru grid lock slows them down or delays them at all. I'm not adding to your hold up so why be mad at me for running up the middle? If anything I am part of the solution, my getting out of dodge by splitting the lane is one less vehicle on the road adding to a line of traffic, noise and exhaust.


So sorry to hear that, I hope you heal up quickly. There happened to be an off duty EMT in the area when I had my bad accident back in 06 and she yelled at me to stay down too. I remember her saying "if I have to sit on you to keep you down I will!"

[SIGPIC]
Until we meet where rubber reaches street, R.I.D.E. safe & often.
Instagram & youtube: Lion6015
www.sportbikesincmag.com
Lion is offline  
post #13 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 12:20
MTNRider
Member
 
MTNRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 577
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo671 View Post
Damn that sucks! Hope you heal up quickly. I hear tins of horror stories of folks lane splitting and it is i've of two things...people not paying attention or people hating the idea that you're able/allowed to lane split in the first place!
I don't think it's that people hating because you can lane split I think it's more that people are pissed off at all the riders that abuse it. ie: Coming too close to cars, loud exhaust buzzing right by them, going way faster then they should. etc. etc.

Personally I think it's a dangerous business to allow lane splitting. Just one more variable for Joe public to watch out for when they are already distracted enough while driving. I would never do it myself even if it was legal here. It's a accident waiting to happen.


.

__________________________
// MRA# 888 - Triple 8 Racing //
2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes:-) : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F
MTNRider is offline  
post #14 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 12:34
feanor
Junior Member
 
feanor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rovolon
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to feanor
The most important thing is that you're ok..

But damn...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearo View Post
So you came on here to tell us you crashed and are parting out your bike?
feanor is offline  
post #15 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 13:06
novee
Junior Member
 
novee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: mad-city
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty damn cold.

:: tired eyes adapt to read the symmetry of empty spaces outlined ::
novee is offline  
post #16 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 13:09
kevinoneill
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 113
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry for the loss, and the injuries.

Is lane splitting legal in the US? Varies from state to state?

I don't think I would ever do that, i'd feel more comfortable going up the outside shoulder than in between cars... if I had to...
kevinoneill is offline  
post #17 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 13:21
Lion
Senior Member
 
Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jers-A-Delphia
Posts: 2,436
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Lion
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNRider View Post
I don't think it's that people hating because you can lane split I think it's more that people are pissed off at all the riders that abuse it. ie: Coming too close to cars, loud exhaust buzzing right by them, going way faster then they should. etc. etc.

Personally I think it's a dangerous business to allow lane splitting. Just one more variable for Joe public to watch out for when they are already distracted enough while driving. I would never do it myself even if it was legal here. It's a accident waiting to happen.


.
What about the idea that if it were legal, motorists woul dbe aware that bikers can do it and at least the more responsible and law abiding drivers would not only observe and be on the lookout for motorcyclists legal right and priviledge to split lanes but also respect our lane space even when that space is between their own vehicle and the adjacent vehicle.

If motorcyclists do it anyway, why not legalize it and educate motorists so that way at least a portion of the cages sharing the road with us are doing so with a bit more consideration?

...just my .03 cents.

[SIGPIC]
Until we meet where rubber reaches street, R.I.D.E. safe & often.
Instagram & youtube: Lion6015
www.sportbikesincmag.com
Lion is offline  
post #18 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 13:23
Lion
Senior Member
 
Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jers-A-Delphia
Posts: 2,436
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Lion
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinoneill View Post
Sorry for the loss, and the injuries.

Is lane splitting legal in the US? Varies from state to state?

I don't think I would ever do that, i'd feel more comfortable going up the outside shoulder than in between cars... if I had to...

Its legal in CA and that's the only place I know of where its legal.

Here in the PA/NJ/DE tri-state area "going up the outside shoulder" is a much bigger penalty than lane splitting. Even tho its illegal, you're better off lane splitting than taking what we call "the 5th lane."

[SIGPIC]
Until we meet where rubber reaches street, R.I.D.E. safe & often.
Instagram & youtube: Lion6015
www.sportbikesincmag.com
Lion is offline  
post #19 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 13:42 Thread Starter
aritweets
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
aritweets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldridge216 View Post
glad to hear your ok, and i hope your bike is salvageable. i dread idots in cars! so you had surgery on your ankle? or was it on the wound you mentioned? sorry to be nosie, im just curious because i had major ankle reconstruction surgery from a wreck, and i know how aweful it is.
I just had a slight fracture on my right ankle so the just washed it out from the wound to see if anything might have been broken or infected and luckily i was not in need of any bolts or titanium plate and they just stitched up the wound and put me in a splint. Other than my right ankle, my left lower leg is completely bruised and swollen because that was what initially impacted the car that cut me off.
aritweets is offline  
post #20 of 51 Old 04-11-12, 13:44 Thread Starter
aritweets
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
aritweets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
I don't understand that. People here do the same thing and I don't see how my splitting lanes (not legal in PA/NJ/DE) and zooming thru grid lock slows them down or delays them at all. I'm not adding to your hold up so why be mad at me for running up the middle? If anything I am part of the solution, my getting out of dodge by splitting the lane is one less vehicle on the road adding to a line of traffic, noise and exhaust.


So sorry to hear that, I hope you heal up quickly. There happened to be an off duty EMT in the area when I had my bad accident back in 06 and she yelled at me to stay down too. I remember her saying "if I have to sit on you to keep you down I will!"
Yeah exactly, I feel like the nurses were definitely my life saver. I would be much more severely hurt if it wasn't for them especially with all that blood loss.
aritweets is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome