*CRASHED* on the freeway on Thursday, JUST GOT RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 04-11-12, 09:00   #11
eldridge216

glad to hear your ok, and i hope your bike is salvageable. i dread idots in cars! so you had surgery on your ankle? or was it on the wound you mentioned? sorry to be nosie, im just curious because i had major ankle reconstruction surgery from a wreck, and i know how aweful it is.

pin to win

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-12, 09:03   #12
Lion

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo671 View Post
Damn that sucks! Hope you heal up quickly. I hear tins of horror stories of folks lane splitting and it is i've of two things...people not paying attention or people hating the idea that you're able/allowed to lane split in the first place!

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com App
I don't understand that. People here do the same thing and I don't see how my splitting lanes (not legal in PA/NJ/DE) and zooming thru grid lock slows them down or delays them at all. I'm not adding to your hold up so why be mad at me for running up the middle? If anything I am part of the solution, my getting out of dodge by splitting the lane is one less vehicle on the road adding to a line of traffic, noise and exhaust.

So sorry to hear that, I hope you heal up quickly. There happened to be an off duty EMT in the area when I had my bad accident back in 06 and she yelled at me to stay down too. I remember her saying "if I have to sit on you to keep you down I will!"
www.sportbikesincmag.com

Old 04-11-12, 12:20   #13
MTNRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo671 View Post
Damn that sucks! Hope you heal up quickly. I hear tins of horror stories of folks lane splitting and it is i've of two things...people not paying attention or people hating the idea that you're able/allowed to lane split in the first place!
I don't think it's that people hating because you can lane split I think it's more that people are pissed off at all the riders that abuse it. ie: Coming too close to cars, loud exhaust buzzing right by them, going way faster then they should. etc. etc.

Personally I think it's a dangerous business to allow lane splitting. Just one more variable for Joe public to watch out for when they are already distracted enough while driving. I would never do it myself even if it was legal here. It's a accident waiting to happen.

Old 04-11-12, 12:34   #14
feanor

Send a message via Skype™ to feanor

The most important thing is that you're ok..

But damn...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearo View Post
So you came on here to tell us you crashed and are parting out your bike?

Old 04-11-12, 13:06   #15
novee

Yeah, that's pretty damn cold.

Old 04-11-12, 13:09   #16
kevinoneill

Sorry for the loss, and the injuries.

Is lane splitting legal in the US? Varies from state to state?

I don't think I would ever do that, i'd feel more comfortable going up the outside shoulder than in between cars... if I had to...

Old 04-11-12, 13:21   #17
Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNRider View Post
I don't think it's that people hating because you can lane split I think it's more that people are pissed off at all the riders that abuse it. ie: Coming too close to cars, loud exhaust buzzing right by them, going way faster then they should. etc. etc.

Personally I think it's a dangerous business to allow lane splitting. Just one more variable for Joe public to watch out for when they are already distracted enough while driving. I would never do it myself even if it was legal here. It's a accident waiting to happen.

What about the idea that if it were legal, motorists woul dbe aware that bikers can do it and at least the more responsible and law abiding drivers would not only observe and be on the lookout for motorcyclists legal right and priviledge to split lanes but also respect our lane space even when that space is between their own vehicle and the adjacent vehicle.

If motorcyclists do it anyway, why not legalize it and educate motorists so that way at least a portion of the cages sharing the road with us are doing so with a bit more consideration?

...just my .03 cents.
www.sportbikesincmag.com

Old 04-11-12, 13:23   #18
Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinoneill View Post
Sorry for the loss, and the injuries.

Is lane splitting legal in the US? Varies from state to state?

I don't think I would ever do that, i'd feel more comfortable going up the outside shoulder than in between cars... if I had to...

Its legal in CA and that's the only place I know of where its legal.

Here in the PA/NJ/DE tri-state area "going up the outside shoulder" is a much bigger penalty than lane splitting. Even tho its illegal, you're better off lane splitting than taking what we call "the 5th lane."
www.sportbikesincmag.com

Old 04-11-12, 13:42   #19
aritweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldridge216 View Post
glad to hear your ok, and i hope your bike is salvageable. i dread idots in cars! so you had surgery on your ankle? or was it on the wound you mentioned? sorry to be nosie, im just curious because i had major ankle reconstruction surgery from a wreck, and i know how aweful it is.
I just had a slight fracture on my right ankle so the just washed it out from the wound to see if anything might have been broken or infected and luckily i was not in need of any bolts or titanium plate and they just stitched up the wound and put me in a splint. Other than my right ankle, my left lower leg is completely bruised and swollen because that was what initially impacted the car that cut me off.

Old 04-11-12, 13:44   #20
aritweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
I don't understand that. People here do the same thing and I don't see how my splitting lanes (not legal in PA/NJ/DE) and zooming thru grid lock slows them down or delays them at all. I'm not adding to your hold up so why be mad at me for running up the middle? If anything I am part of the solution, my getting out of dodge by splitting the lane is one less vehicle on the road adding to a line of traffic, noise and exhaust.

So sorry to hear that, I hope you heal up quickly. There happened to be an off duty EMT in the area when I had my bad accident back in 06 and she yelled at me to stay down too. I remember her saying "if I have to sit on you to keep you down I will!"
Yeah exactly, I feel like the nurses were definitely my life saver. I would be much more severely hurt if it wasn't for them especially with all that blood loss.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement