How to request, reverse brake bleed?? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > How To's

Old 04-07-12, 14:31   #1
tuscani451

Default How to request, reverse brake bleed??

Hi all I was talking with a fellow D675 owner who did this recently using a 60ml syringe. I have a syringe and a little vacuum pump I got from harbor freight so I have all the bits I would need to do it but I've never bled brakes before myself even the normal way so I'm a little nervous to try. Anyone done this and maybe have some pics? I looked for a How To on brake bleeding in general and didnt see one. Anyone up for it?

EDIT found this

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBk00597EyE"]How to reverse bleed a braking system - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited by tuscani451; 04-07-12 at 15:10. Reason: added info

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-12, 04:29   #2
MacBandit

Zero point in doing this unless you are filling a dry system, i.e. you are replacing brake lines or other components that would require draining the system or you know you have air in the system and normal bleeding couldn't get it out.

Old 04-08-12, 11:44   #3
tuscani451

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Zero point in doing this unless you are filling a dry system, i.e. you are replacing brake lines or other components that would require draining the system or you know you have air in the system and normal bleeding couldn't get it out.
I just got done rebuilding the calipers so yes all the fluid was drained

Old 04-08-12, 20:09   #4
MacBandit

Okay so are you going to do this yourself or are you having a shop do it. Your post makes it sound like you are doing it yourself but your thread title says you're going to request that it be done?

Old 04-08-12, 20:14   #5
cdt05

I think they're asking for some one to write up a how-to so they can do it themselves. That is how I read it anyways, could be wrong

Old 04-08-12, 20:22   #6
MacBandit

Reverse filling is very easy and doesn't require you to be very precise. It is messy however and you should have a spray bottle with water around to flush the area. Why water? Because brake fluid suck up water like a sponge so water will dilute and flush it away better then anything and it's cheap. Fill the syringe with fluid squeeze out as much air as possible. Put the hose from the syringe partially over the nipple and gently squeeze the syringe to push the remaining bubble out while pushing the hose on the remained of the way. Once the hose is on open the bleed screw and gently push the fluid into the caliper. I should say before you have done this you should have the brake reservoir open and have some rags protecting the bike in case you overfill the reservoir or push to hard and spray the fluid out the reservoir. Also it's best to have the caliper pistons pressed fully back into the caliper prior to doing any of this. Also it's important to note if you have a single brake line or two. If you have a single brake line then start at the caliper at the end of the brake line and at the same time you are filling have a wrench on the other caliper with the bleed screw open. Once fluid starts coming out of the other caliper bleed screw close it and continue filling until you fill the system until the reservoir is full. At this point you can start bleeding using the normal procedure either using a vacuum bleeder or manually pumping the lever. Personally I usually flush first with a vacuum and then manually pump to finish because you get more of the air out that way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement