Alpinestars Carver sizing? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Riding Gear

Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

Old 03-31-12, 18:36   #1
zroadhouse

Default Alpinestars Carver sizing?

I'm looking at buying the Alpinestars Carver suit for track days. Any advice regarding fit? I'm 6', 190-200lbs, 41-42" chest - by the chart I should be a 52. Just wondering if the sizings are accurate for the suit with the back protector and chest armor in place.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-12, 05:11   #2
gondlesnorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zroadhouse View Post
I'm looking at buying the Alpinestars Carver suit for track days. Any advice regarding fit? I'm 6', 190-200lbs, 41-42" chest - by the chart I should be a 52. Just wondering if the sizings are accurate for the suit with the back protector and chest armor in place.
I found that the best way to size a suit is to go to a local store that sells (the same brand (because different brands=slightly different sizing) suits) and try a few on. That's what I did and I bought a sweet A* suit from Rider's Discount (check out the threads and PM TJ on this site) that fits perfect and for an unbeatable price. Do it.
2012 D675 Phantom Black and Gold. British Customs frame sliders, Triumph rear axle sliders, anodized front and rear brake fluid reservoirs, matte black Watsen flush mount blinkers, gold Competition Werkes exhaust w/ LTD fender eliminator kit, Triumph short levers, 3000k HID, amber LED running lights, Zero Gravity Double Bubble, K&N air filter.

Old 04-01-12, 05:14   #3
gondlesnorf

BTW the armor you choose for an A* suit won't affect the fitment of the suit unless you get too small of a size. Their armor is pretty thin. Just do some flexing and movements in the suit before deciding the right size. Keep in mind, suits from different manufacturers will fit differently just like any normal clothing. A* just happens to fit my body for some reason whereas Bilt and Dianese don't. Which is unfortunate, because A* is pretty expensive due to their immense marketing. Don't have your heart set on an A* suit until you try other brands as well.

Sent from my Alpinestars MX-1 suit using An Immense Marketing Scheme (bought from Rider's Discount at a great price thanks to TJ)
2012 D675 Phantom Black and Gold. British Customs frame sliders, Triumph rear axle sliders, anodized front and rear brake fluid reservoirs, matte black Watsen flush mount blinkers, gold Competition Werkes exhaust w/ LTD fender eliminator kit, Triumph short levers, 3000k HID, amber LED running lights, Zero Gravity Double Bubble, K&N air filter.

Last edited by gondlesnorf; 04-01-12 at 05:30.

Old 04-04-12, 13:10   #4
Papachristou

Im 6' too, i wear a 42 long in suit and was told the sleeves would be short on that suit. there is nowhere around here i can try on a* stuff. CG has some Dianese gear..
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 04-05-12, 12:33   #5
RidersDiscount

Quote:
How would you classify your fitness? Fit, Average, or need to hit the gym?

42/52 is going to be too small

Old 04-05-12, 18:48   #6
brtr675r

I trusted TJ for sizing my 2 piece Carver. He nailed it! Fits great.

Brian

Az Dirty Aces
11 Daytona 675R
94 FZR600R SOLD =(
97 CR250 Dunes Weapon

Old 04-06-12, 00:40   #7
zroadhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
How would you classify your fitness? Fit, Average, or need to hit the gym?

42/52 is going to be too small
Between fit and average. I have a revit jacket sz 50 (quite snug) and a fox creek jacket size 42 (fits great).

Old 04-06-12, 13:07   #8
RidersDiscount

Quote:
Between fit and average. I have a revit jacket sz 50 (quite snug) and a fox creek jacket size 42 (fits great).
At 200lbs a 46/56 will give you enough room for a back protector and chest protector, however if you go under 190lbs the 44/54 will probably be a better fit.

Old 04-11-12, 11:16   #9
zroadhouse

Thanks for the fitment advice! I tried on a used size 44 Hein Gericke suit (via craigslist) and felt like it might be a little small on me now -- and that was without chest/back protection. Sounds like a 46 is probably the way to go.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement