Triumph 675 Forums banner

headstock porting?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Dave73 
#1 ·
Anyone ever ported the headstock intake behind the flapper valve? I am working on my flapper delete and couldnt help but think that shaving down some casting marks wouldnt be a bad idea.

See less See more
#3 ·
The 675 frame is weak enough, thank you.

Nuno!
Like I said. Casting marks. Jagged edges like that are just stress risers anyway. If anything removing imperfections should make it stronger.

Secondary question. Did you guys remove the center divider in the "flapper section" off the intake when you did your flapper removal?

#4 ·
I don't think it would make enough of a difference to make the work worth it unless you were going for all out power in which case you would already have a crap ton of money and other parts sitting on it.

#10 ·
Working on the Intake Tube a little as well... I took off the flapper pin supports and filled the hole/indent with JB weld. I will sand and form the JB weld once it dries. Then maybe a coat of paint.

...And I am still debating about the center divider in the tube. I cant see what it does to help. But you are only as good as your weakest point, which is most definitely the headstock.

#12 ·
Lookin' good. At first I thought you were gonna "knife edge" the frame.

Nuno!

#14 ·
and knife edges are usually detrimental to airflow...think about the shape of an airplane nose/ wing rounded in the front that tapers to the rear.

I didnt bother cleaning up my frame, I just cut a big effin hole in the airbox

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.