Good First Bike CRUISER? - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Skills Tips, lessons, experiences, etc. Beginner, intermediate and advanced.

post #21 of 22 Old 03-09-12, 09:29
Originally Posted by eldridge216 View Post
if it doesnt have to be a triumph, those honda cruisers in the mid to late 80's with the v-4 thinkn they were the VF500.600,650,700,750,and,1100 (v45, and v65 magna?) i cannot remember the exact name but they are super cheap, very light feeling, comfortabel, and very reliable they also have good power and sound great. i worked on one of the 700's at a shop i use to work at with 125k mi on it and it ran great. i had a suzuki volusia 800 that i got in on trade and i can honestly say i would not reccomend that as a beginner bike it rode very smooth, butthat thing was heavy.

this thing
heh! my buddy just picked up that same bike same color for $1400 for his GF. Its her first bike, and only has 12k miles...I believe he said it was an 1984!?!?....but its in excellent shape and runs real smooth

1986 Honda vf500f Interceptor -sold
1985 Honda vf1000f Interceptor -sold (till I replace will never forgive myself)
2007 Triumph Daytona 675 graphite -totalled (redneck in truck)
2007 Triumph Daytona 675 graphite/gold (Betty) -sold
2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 -sold to lawyer/bro-inlaw
2007 Honda VFR800 Interceptor 25th -own
~>cager: 2015 WRX

Sponsored Links
post #22 of 22 Old 03-16-12, 23:14
Dude, have him rock the Bonneville. Lucky for him, his favored bike is not something unreasonable as a first bike.

As for the worry of inevitably dropping your first bike, I didn't. Been riding for two years, knock on wood. Already sold my first bike, so I guess I'm the outlier.

It sounds like you're giving him good advice and guiding his first foray into motorcycling the right way. Take classes, get good gear, don't go overboard on the first bike. Good on ya
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode