2011 ZX10R - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports

News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports any and all 675 ride experiences and news

Old 02-24-12, 09:49   #1
Selkie

Default 2011 ZX10R

I'm curious on if anyone has had a chance to ride the new ZX10r and what their thoughts were.

..and if you've ridden both the 2011 ZX10r and a S1000rr how you thought they compared.

My heart gets a boner every time I ride the RR.....

....but I could actually afford a new Z.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-12, 13:20   #2
shannenh

the New zx10r might be my New purchase for a drag racing bike. i rode one and was sold as soon as i got it up to 6th gear. the economics are good. suspension gets a 8/10 and powerband is amazing. aftermarket support is well rounded. bike overall 9/10

Old 02-24-12, 14:31   #3
Godly

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKCmQDmIdjY&feature=relmfu"]2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R vs. 2011 BMW S1000RR Motorcycle Shootout - Street Test! - YouTube[/nomedia]

Pretty good review on the two.

Old 02-25-12, 02:14   #4
Slim Jim

I've only driven the new s1000rr and i absolutely love it. the power was insane, and the handling was even better, it felt like I was on a 600. The brakes will tear your face off too. But i'm biased towards the bmw, i don't care for the kawasaki one bit.

Old 02-25-12, 08:29   #5
Selkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 675>FZ6R View Post
That was the first time I've heard about some huge power difference between the two.

I never really got into kawasaki until they came out with their newest 600. For how cheap it is and how badass it is I really thought it was a winner. I would still rather have my triple though :)
Now the ZX10r has TC and ABS and dealers are offing their new ZX10r's (non ABS) for under 10k otd and that is a killer deal for that package. I can't even find a used S1000rr for even close to that.

Old 02-25-12, 14:01   #6
faheygf87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
That was the first time I've heard about some huge power difference between the two.

I never really got into kawasaki until they came out with their newest 600. For how cheap it is and how badass it is I really thought it was a winner. I would still rather have my triple though :)
Now the ZX10r has TC and ABS and dealers are offing their new ZX10r's (non ABS) for under 10k otd and that is a killer deal for that package. I can't even find a used S1000rr for even close to that.
That does sound like a hell of a deal given that an s1000 starts at $14k(?). The only experience i've had on a zx10 was an 06 and it seemed completely pointless for the street. You can't exploit the power in the lower gears without lifting the front, and you can't really in the upper gears because you'd be going 140mph without even trying.

The last review i saw of the latest generation, they were testing it at the drag strip. They were running around 10 flat with a stock bike, and around 9.5 with filter/exhaust and tune.

I'd say go for it if you're going to race it, seems a little pointless otherwise though.

07 Graphite D675:
Full Ti Remus exhaust, Full Arrow/Remus Hybrid tune, Rizoma Sportlines/Bar ends/ Fluid Tanks, ASV Shorty Levers, CF Infill Panels, CF tank pad, CF heat shield, CF Front fender, CF lower chain guard, CA integrated light, Watsens 10LED front indicator, Gel Seats front and back, CW fender eliminator.

Old 02-25-12, 14:51   #7
jdgun_13

If kawi could of made the new 10R somewhat bearable to look at, i would have one in the stable right now. It has to be one of the most hideous lack of taste designs from kawasaki period. or at least tied with the 1999 zx9r (shark smile).
given the bike needs a reflashed ECU right off the bat to match the BMW power levels ($450)..But otherwise all the people i know with it love it..

As some mentioned you cannot exploit the bikes power on the street without more than likely going to jail, losing the bike, losing your license and generally taking it up the

Old 02-25-12, 22:12   #8
tuscani451

Quote:

Have you seen them otd for that price? I went a reputable kawi dealer today and told them that and they just about fell on the floor but that was only one dealer. If I found one for that price I'd snatch it righ up, impressive machine

Old 02-25-12, 23:41   #9
Slim Jim

Quote:

never seen them for that price either the kawasaki's i've seen all start around 13.

Old 02-26-12, 08:15   #10
jdgun_13

There is some floating around for $11,200 you pay tax if that applies on ebay 2011 brand new.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement