Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks to Team Pro-Motion
, our annual Triumph675.net track day is once again on. Here are the details:
: May 18th, 2012
New Jersey Motor Park @ Thunderbolt www.njmp.com/tracks.html
THUNDERBOLT 2.25 miles
$200 (TPM Members) or $225 (Non TPM Members)
- OUR OWN PRIVATE
TRACK FOR THE DAY!
- Professional Coaches and Instructors
- ART 1 school for beginner and novice track day riders
- ART 2 school for intermediate track day riders
- On site tire changing service
- On site suspension setup
- Extreme Rides with Glen Goldman (subject to availability)
- Free mounting and balance with trackside purchase
- Gear Rental is available @ $50 - does not include helmet (must be ordered prior to the trackday)
- GO PRO Video Cameras (ltd number) will be available for use on a first come first serve basis, cards sold separate or provided
- Fresh Fruit and Energy Bars will be available all day
- Unlimited Bottled Water available
- $25 Credit towards Membership for non TPM Members
- $25 Credit towards a track day for TPM Members
- $25 Store Credit for Titanium Members
I need a $25 deposit from you guys to secure the date NO LATER than March 31st. This will obviously go towards your final payment which will be $175. The final payment needs to be in NO LATER than April 30th. These due dates are not flexible!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
be prompt in payment, or else we will lose out on this, plus I will have one really pissed off organization at me! You can PayPal me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE THE 3% PAYPAL FEES!! Additionally, please note in the comments your full name and
your screen name.
Priority is given to Forum Members. However, Forum Members are welcome and encouraged to invite their friends.
For those signing up, please email me at email@example.com
with the following information:
- Dates Participating
- Telephone Number
- Emergency Contact Information
- Any meds that you are taking
- Any meds that you are allergic to
- Your primary physicians name
- Prior track experience
- Which group you want to be signed up in
For those whom are already a member of TPM, I just need your name and number.
Depending on the number of people who sign up, we will run 20 minute sessions in three groups all day. It is up to you to decide which group you belong in. Please be smart and sign yourself up in the appropriate group. If the Coaches and Instructors see that you should be bumped up for the day, they will let you know and you will ride with the more advanced guys and gals. However, they will also bump you down if they feel that youíre riding over your head. This is to make our day safer and more fun for everyone.
Lunch will be from 12:30 to 13:30. The track will then go green from 13:30 until 1730.
Tech Requirements are as follows:
- All lights (head lights, turn signals, etc) bust be properly taped.
- All fairings and race plastics must be properly secured.
- Remove your mirrors and license plate. Zip tie your mirror holes to the upper fairing stay.
- All fluids (oil, brake fluids, etc.) should be properly filled with their respective caps properly secured.
- It is NOT mandatory, but advised for Intermediate and Advance riders to safety wire their oil cap, oil filter, drain plugs, etc.
- Tires should at least have ĺ tread left. DO NOT SHOW UP WITH WORN TIRES (chords showing, etc.) or you will fail tech. Tires will
be made available trackside at a discounted price.
- Check your chain slack. You will want to have at least 1 Ĺ inches of slack.
- Make sure that there is plenty of brake pad left.
- Check your throttle and adjust for minimum slack.
- Check your levers for slack and tension.
- It is NOT mandatory, but you may want to disconnect your lights so the tape doesnít melt to the lenses.
- A sticker with your name and shift pattern MUST be placed on your tank.
- A med-data (provided at tech) slip MUST be located on the lower left hand side of your helmet.
- All riders must wear a late model full face helmet, 1 or 2 piece leather suit, back protector, gauntlet gloves and proper boots which
extend over your shin.
- All 2 piece leather suites MUST have full circumference zippers.
- Any onboard cameras MUST be permanently secured to the bike BEFORE going through tech. Anyone caught mounting a camera
AFTER tech will be forced to sit out the rest of the day.
Please donít hesitate to ask me or any other track vet for help with properly prepping your bike. If you fail tech, you will have the chance to make the appropriate changes and go through again. If you cannot pass tech, you will be forced to sit out without a refund. If you crash, you will have to re-tech before going back out on the track.
Please visit the TPM website www.teampromotion.com
and review their rules and regulations. It is imperative that we follow these rules in order to make the most of our day out there. These guys run a first class operation and are a load of fun to ride with and learn from.
For those wanting to arrive the night before, camping is allowed. Additionally, NJMP at a very reasonable rate. I have personally stayed in them, and they are quite comfortable. You can see them at www.njmp.com/vip.html
. There are other local accommodations, but staying with people at the track is a lot more fun! I will be there the night before helping people prep their bikes and telling a whole bunch of lies!
Lastly, I donít make a dime off of doing this, nor do I expect to. Like the past year's track days that I have organized, all I want is for all of us to have a crap load of fun on our bikes without getting hurt. A huge part of that, is riding with friends. I truly hope you guys take advantage of this opportunity. For those who havenít done a trackday, DO NOT HESITATE to jump on this. This is not a race. There are no podiums, trophies handed out or contingency monies won. You will not be judged on you speed, technique or skill. You will only be judged if you act and ride like an idiot. The true purpose of this event is to draw us all together and have some great laughs and develop good friendships. The riding is really the icing on the cake. Please feel free to bring your girlfriends, wives, boyfriends, husbands, kids, dogs, fish or Grandparents. This is a Forum community event, and the more the merrier!
I really look forward to seeing familiar faces, along with making new friends. If anyone feels that I have left something out, please feel free to add to the thread. Additionally, if anyone has any questions, please PM me or you can reach me at (813) 476-9663. Look forward to spending good times at the track with you all!
NJMP Roll Call
Deposit received = Bold black
Paid in Full = Bold red
3. Duc Hunter 675
5. banjo8 (ART II)
9. R. Hardman
11. BMAF Guest
12. J. Mclaughlin
FIRST ONE PAID IN FULL!!!
14. RNYC (ART II)
21. CATSNOX900 guest
24. J. Melkun
25. S2R1K_675 (ART I)
26. S2R1K_675 Guest
28. Soulpatch (ART II)
29. Mrs. Soulpatch (ART I)
30. P. Barlage
31. tripped1 (ART II)
32. pyroking339 (ART I)
37. nelsonvr6 (ART II)
38. umicheng (ART II)?
39. gargoyle (ART II)?
40. MetalExplorer38 - (ART I)
43. peeweesp Guest 1
44. D. Richmond
46. sideshow bob
50. fdb450 Guest 1
51. fbd450 Guest 2
58. LeMisVH (ART II)
59. LeMisVH Guest (ART I)
64. Habib55 Guest 1
65. Habib Guest 2
66. GTBullet (ART I)
68. D. Ash
69. W. Cornwell
72. 675CrumpetMuncher Guest
74. Triumphant 11
75. Triumphant 11 Guest
79. Bestman77 - Mo