Top Gear style cross country(US) trip - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports

News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports any and all 675 ride experiences and news

Old 12-28-11, 08:57   #31
eldridge216

i found a couple for ya in that area,

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/2746542639.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/2770286305.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2759823015.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2768833776.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2758075436.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/2771312534.html this thing only has 50k mi on it

pin to win

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-11, 13:08   #32
james1300

Exclamation Do it on MOTORCYCLES!

Same rules (except for the 2-doors)! Document the hunt, prep and, ride! Then sell DVD's of your adventure! Make money, buy a better bike and try it again!

I bet ya end-up local hero's on the Discovery Channel!
OK. LEAVE the 2-door rule in for the second ride!

Old 12-28-11, 14:36   #33
faheygf87

Good finds, i appreciate the help . The truck is going to be be pretty much my last resort, followed by a big ol boat like the lincoln, but the SC's look pretty good.

07 Graphite D675:
Full Ti Remus exhaust, Full Arrow/Remus Hybrid tune, Rizoma Sportlines/Bar ends/ Fluid Tanks, ASV Shorty Levers, CF Infill Panels, CF tank pad, CF heat shield, CF Front fender, CF lower chain guard, CA integrated light, Watsens 10LED front indicator, Gel Seats front and back, CW fender eliminator.

Old 12-29-11, 12:50   #34
antirich

You guys should paint slogans on each others cars and see who can get through Alabama without getting killed.

Turned out well for the Top Gear guys

I like the old cop car idea. Cheap and cool. One guy in a 90s Impala, another in a Crown Vic, and maybe one in a newer Impala if you can find one. Dodge Charger pursuit vehicle would be cool, but probably tough to find.

Or better yet, go grab some old CHiP patrol bikes from California. BMW, Kawi 900 (Eric Estrada edition), and a Harley should be interesting. Although you better bring a trailer for get the Harley back home

CCS#696

http://www.dragonflyinteractive.com

Old 12-29-11, 16:20   #35
faheygf87

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirich View Post
You guys should paint slogans on each others cars and see who can get through Alabama without getting killed.

Turned out well for the Top Gear guys

I like the old cop car idea. Cheap and cool. One guy in a 90s Impala, another in a Crown Vic, and maybe one in a newer Impala if you can find one. Dodge Charger pursuit vehicle would be cool, but probably tough to find.

Or better yet, go grab some old CHiP patrol bikes from California. BMW, Kawi 900 (Eric Estrada edition), and a Harley should be interesting. Although you better bring a trailer for get the Harley back home
I think i'd kill myself if i had Hillary for president on my car . Ex-cop cars are going to be tough because almost none are 2 doors.

07 Graphite D675:
Full Ti Remus exhaust, Full Arrow/Remus Hybrid tune, Rizoma Sportlines/Bar ends/ Fluid Tanks, ASV Shorty Levers, CF Infill Panels, CF tank pad, CF heat shield, CF Front fender, CF lower chain guard, CA integrated light, Watsens 10LED front indicator, Gel Seats front and back, CW fender eliminator.

Old 12-29-11, 18:29   #36
Dismalrain770

Only police car you might be able to find that would fit would be the early 90's fox body mustang coupe. I know Georgia State Patrol had them but not real sure about Florida, you might be able to find a 5.0 Mustang for cheap but might be better off looking for a mid 90's 3.8L.

Old 12-29-11, 20:30   #37
White_Shadows

The only thing you will win with a hachi roku SR5 is MAYBE mpg. I just picked one up a month ago and...the prices are hiked way up and they are all beat to piss. Only reason I paid as much as I did was because it was near rust free, but the rear diff is welded the springs are cut, powersteering is removed, clutch fluid was black, brakes don't work ect ect ect....stay away from hachi roku's less you want a project car. (and side note the 20v 4age motors are not being pulled out of mr2's unless its that VERY rare supercharged mr2 which is the 4agze anyways, most black tops and silver tops are off newer japanese toyota corolla's [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_A_engine"]Here[/ame] for better knowledge. and the 16v is stock in the GTS models.)

Old 12-29-11, 20:44   #38
White_Shadows

Side note, does awd count? power is going to the rear wheels....

and cars for thought

econoline panel van. you can sleep in it
diesel trucks/panel vans
1960's chevy c10
Old school cutlas supreme
porsche 944
porsche 928
porsche 914
fierro gt

Old 12-30-11, 15:28   #39
Dismalrain770

You wont win a drag race but you win on gas with an old Volkswagen Bug

Old 12-31-11, 14:08   #40
faheygf87

It has to be RWD ONLY, but we have made the call that if it was awd and you physically removed everything in the front, that would be okay since the work required would probably outweigh the benefits.

Bugs are on my list but its hard to find one that i would trust to make it all the way back. They are either in very nice condition and cost too much or a rust bucket.

A Fierro would be nice, but i have my worries that it'll fall apart.

The 914's i've found have been too expensive, a 928 i KNOW is going to be too expensive. 924 and 944 are both close enough to the price range that i'm considering them, but they are a little tough to find. An old cutlass would be good on the drag strip and probably comfy for the long trip, but i'm sure anything with a 350 is going to drink fuel so that goes for the C10 as well.

I'm pretty sure any diesel truck in the budget is going to be before they started putting turbos on them, so its going to be slow big and heavy. It will be on my last resort list. As for the Van idea, that will only work if it only has 2 doors. The split rear doors on most vans would void it, as would the sliding door on many passenger vans.

Heres my wish list in a rough order:
Lexas SC400/300
Mazda miata
Toyota MR2
Nissan 240sx
Nissan 300zx
Mazda RX7
BMW 3 series
BMW 6 series
C4 Corvette(thats probably the newest vette thats in the price range)
Mercedes SLK

07 Graphite D675:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement