Mallala trackdays - Page 15 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > Australia and Asia-Pacific

Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 03-26-12, 01:10   #141
SV650

You only get your knee down going into the corners. Once you're in them and on the gas the bike will lift (stand up) and so will your knee.

Bit hard to throw your road bike into corners with extra pace if it's your pride and joy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-12, 01:57   #142
Rorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650 View Post
You only get your knee down going into the corners. Once you're in them and on the gas the bike will lift (stand up) and so will your knee.

What if it's a double apex?

Anon: How do you hot link photos straight from old mates site?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

Old 03-26-12, 04:12   #143
Anon

Goto the site and for each pic:
a) right click the image and select 'copy url' or whatever it says in the browser your using.
b) Click the img button in the post and paste in the URL
c) Get annoyed at lack of speed and kneedownedness compared to Crouchy and Rorz

Old 03-26-12, 07:09   #144
Crouchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitstill View Post
WTF I could not get my knee down for the life of me. No matter how much I leaned how quick I was going, arse hanging off the seat nope it wouldnt happen. I can even remember searching for a kerb at one point. might have to play with the set up a little lift the bike so i can get more tip in and see how I go with my pirelli's

out of interest what was your top speed for the day crouchy?
The biggest tip that I had been told was to act as if you're looking around a corner, such as a door. A lot of people simply move their bum off the seat but leave their head more or less over the tank.

Take a quick look at this video: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCg3BMGe52M"]MCN: How to get your knee down - YouTube[/nomedia]

Another tip is to place the ball of your (inside) foot on the very tip of your peg which naturally sticks your knee out.

My top speed for the day was on my 2nd last lap. I clocked 205.9km/h, with a lap time of 1:23.44. Average speed was 114.9.

Old 03-26-12, 08:14   #145
sitstill

I have seen that and heard all the tips but just forget to apply them. watching the video just confirmed and reminded me of what im doing. All I have to do now is wait for the next track day

Old 03-26-12, 17:58   #146
Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post

I'm pretty sure I met Smiley towards the end of the lunch break too - were you the marshal that came around and had a chat to us?
No not me Crouchy, after scrutineering I went up in the stands as spotter until lunch. Then it was play time in the blue group.
O.B. spent the whole day helping out, first scrutineering then waving his black flag at us at start line. .
It good to hear everyone had a god day.
"Clem days" are run entirely by volunteers by Cafe Club.

Old 03-27-12, 03:51   #147
roulette

Had a blast out there on Sat. It was great to meet a few of you as well. Nearly didn't go due to the weather, but as said previously as soon as you hit Two Wells the blue sky opened up.
I was a little surprised at my times on the R1, 4 years ago I was consistently doing 1.19's on the little 675 with a freak 1:17 thrown in there. The best I could muster on the R1 was a 1:23. A bit rusty maybe, hadn't been out there for 4 years, also the R1 a legit Rossi rep and it costs a fortune to fix. Always plays on your mind.
Must get myself a dedicated track bike, another 675 would be just the thing I think.
Can't wait for the next one!

Old 03-27-12, 05:37   #148
xrilek
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by roulette View Post
Had a blast out there on Sat. It was great to meet a few of you as well. Nearly didn't go due to the weather, but as said previously as soon as you hit Two Wells the blue sky opened up.
I was a little surprised at my times on the R1, 4 years ago I was consistently doing 1.19's on the little 675 with a freak 1:17 thrown in there. The best I could muster on the R1 was a 1:23. A bit rusty maybe, hadn't been out there for 4 years, also the R1 a legit Rossi rep and it costs a fortune to fix. Always plays on your mind.
Must get myself a dedicated track bike, another 675 would be just the thing I think.
Can't wait for the next one!
I'm telling you all this time,you have to get a proper bike!!!!

Old 03-27-12, 08:00   #149
Davidr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidr View Post
Sounds like you're hooked - happens easy but beware of the pocket impact, not just the track time and tyres but all of the go fast bits you will want to buy (for a good example look at Rorz).
Next track day is Anzac day (Champions), and then 5th May (Clem day like yesterday).
Maybe see you at one or both of them.
Correction to the above. Looks like the 5th May Clem day has been canned.

Was a 2008 Tornado Red D675 (got broken)
Now a red 2010 RSV4R (that used to be black)

Old 04-04-12, 02:25   #150
Rorz

Well, I'm loading the GSXR onto the ute tonight and driving it back to Adelaide after work tomorrow. Who's down for April 25th Champions ride day @ Mallala?? I'd like to get a few laps in there before the race in May so will hopefully have both the ER6N and GSXR out. The poor little ER6N hasn't been ridden since November!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement