Mallala trackdays - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > Australia and Asia-Pacific

Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 11-21-11, 22:38   #1
xrilek
BOTM Winner

Default Mallala trackdays

I thought it would be a good idea to post here all about Mallala instead of starting a new thread on every trackday.....
The next one track day is on 26/27 this month and the other one 10/11 next month.
Anyone is going to be there??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-11, 22:46   #2
old blue

Probably not, unfortunately.

Still recovering from neurosurgery, but hoping to be out for the first available track day in the new year, probably just plodding around in one of the slow groups to start with.

Mind you, I have an appointment with my neuro surgeon at the end of this month, so if she's REALLY impressed with my progress, I guess there's a slim chance I could be out in December...

O.B

Old 11-22-11, 00:03   #3
xrilek
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by old blue View Post

Still recovering from neurosurgery, but hoping to be out for the first available track day in the new year, probably just plodding around in one of the slow groups to start with.

Mind you, I have an appointment with my neuro surgeon at the end of this month, so if she's REALLY impressed with my progress, I guess there's a slim chance I could be out in December...

O.B
I know how you feel mate!

Old 11-22-11, 05:55   #4
Anon

You'll still be kicking my ass OB, be sure to wave as you pass me by.

I'm finally kitted out, my jacket arrived this morning so now have a matching set with my ebay pants.

Though I think the cafe racers and phoenix club meets are a bit beyond the skill level.

Old 11-23-11, 00:26   #5
Rorz

There is a track day on the 26th of November run in conjuction with practice for the racers. The trackday groups and race groups will be on the track at different times on the Saturday. Sunday the 27th will be a round of the SA road racing championships run by Phoenix Club.

I'm not sure if there is a track day on the 10th of December, I would assume so. The 11th of December is the biggest meet of the year at Mallala. It's being held by the Cafe Racer club with several internationals coming over and quite a bit of prize money on offer. Should be very decent... unfortunately I'll be at work.

Quote:

O.B

Wow, even if you're back in Januaray that seems a hell of a recovery. Well done mate, good to hear it's going well. I'm sure they'll kick you of the slow group in the first session for overtaking 12 riders around the outside at turn 2 though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
You'll still be kicking my ass OB, be sure to wave as you pass me by.

I'm finally kitted out, my jacket arrived this morning so now have a matching set with my ebay pants.

Though I think the cafe racers and phoenix club meets are a bit beyond the skill level.

What jacket/pants combo did you end up going with mate?

You can come down on the Saturday and do the track day without having to ride at the same time as the guys that are racing. It's basically a normal track day with a fast and slow group for track day riders and 3 groups for racers.

I'll be heading down Saturday and Sunday. Racing the ER6 in Limited for the first time on Sunday so I'll be doing most of the Saturday sessions on that to try to get the feel for it. Racing the GSXR in brackets on the Sunday also. My cousin is bringing his R6 down for the track day on the Saturday. He's fresh from California Superbike School last weekend so I'll be interested to see how he goes. Pretty sure SV650 and Ric will be there racing Limited and Brackets as well as the practice day on Saturday. Should be a good weekend!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

Old 11-23-11, 00:35   #6
xrilek
BOTM Winner

I'm still doing some changes on the bike,if its ready until Saturday I'll meet you there Rory!!

Old 11-23-11, 05:18   #7
Anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post

What jacket/pants combo did you end up going with mate?

You can come down on the Saturday and do the track day without having to ride at the same time as the guys that are racing. It's basically a normal track day with a fast and slow group for track day riders and 3 groups for racers.
I was very lucky to get one of those 'freakily the right thing at the right time' scores on ebay, Dainese Delta Pro Estivo pants in the right size. An apparent gift that didn't fit from someone in Melbourne, new with tags attached for $300, less than half the price of PS and $100+ cheaper than bitmoto. The jacket is a Dainese New Delmar Estivo from Motoin in Germany. I didn't want the top of the line jacket, but choice was limited in the perforated range. Considering it will do track and street, and I was already after a new jacket, it doesn't work out too bad after all.

We'll see how we go for this weekend. I'm keen to see how the new suspension settings work out, and the weather does look good!

Old 11-23-11, 17:02   #8
old blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post

Wow, even if you're back in Januaray that seems a hell of a recovery. Well done mate, good to hear it's going well. I'm sure they'll kick you of the slow group in the first session for overtaking 12 riders around the outside at turn 2 though...
Thanks Rorz.

Yeah, I'm feeling stronger, although still lacking any real endurance or strength. I think that the dizziness and nausea are getting heaps better though. And if there's one thing I've gained it's huge determination to get back out there and beat my PB as soon as I can.

Gonna be hard sneaking a trailer with a race bike on it past the wife, though...hmmm, I need a cunning plan.

There is a very good chance I'll be able to make it out for a short visit to watch you guys race this weekend. And that'll make me even more determined.

O.B

Last edited by old blue; 11-23-11 at 23:23.

Old 11-23-11, 21:46   #9
bluedaytona02

Quote:
And that'll make me keven mo determined!

O.B

Did the spelling and grammar Nazi not survive O.B.???
Current: '06 Daytona 675 ('08 BEARS winning bike - Chris Panayi) White with Pitty's Custom Vinyls TTC decals STM Slipper Clutch Braking wave rotors with folding/adjustable levers GB engine covers Valter Moto Rearsets Race kit detent wheel & idle adjuster 1050 throttle tube Captive Wheel Spacers MotoGems bling Vortex clip-ons, Stomp grip 520 conversion Puig screen Madaz slip-on Intake flapper & Ex-up removed Swing-arm pivot mod. Thinner head gasket Custom tune

Old 11-23-11, 23:22   #10
old blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaytona02 View Post
Did the spelling and grammar Nazi not survive O.B.???

I blame the new iPad...

O.B

Sponsored Links
Advertisement