Triumph 675 Forums banner
36K views 123 replies 58 participants last post by  BuzzAlmighty 
#1 ·
Hello all this is MY daytona 675. It IS a work in progress. Before to many of you hate too much just remember this bike is my love. I bought the 3rd scorched yellow in USA in 06 and sold it with well over 30k miles. This bike was a mess and cheap therefore im doing what I want with it.

See less See more
#3 ·
to each their own. from the looks of the garage, it seems like he's into racing and most likely drag racing. Unless you're paying his bills, I don't see a reason for you to judge how he spends his money. He might not even have access to canyons or racetracks in his area and drag racing is all he has available anyway.

#4 ·
:1banghead:

#8 ·
it's nice to see something different sometimes. Do what you want with it. Is this just for show or are you building a drag bike?

Good luck with the project. What else are you planning?

#15 ·
Just out of curiosity did you chop the oem swingarm and then add a new extension on the bottom portion it's hard to see exactly. Looks good for what it is and as triumph says go your own way :)

#16 ·
Ugh...this was just a bad joke with a terrible photoshop to go along with it...until now.

As for the "judge/don't judge" nonsense. If the OP didn't want opinions he wouldn't have put this shit on a public forum. We are allowed to judge, ridicule and laugh at all we like.

I personally think it's retarded. I don't understand the desire to destroy the one thing about a sport bike that makes it better...the handling. Particularly on the Daytona, which is the best handling of them all.

But, to each his own..and right now my own is being saddend that this poor bike has seen the end of it's twisty life. :sad5:

#20 ·
Ugh...this was just a bad joke with a terrible photoshop to go along with it...until now.

As for the "judge/don't judge" nonsense. If the OP didn't want opinions he wouldn't have put this shit on a public forum. We are allowed to judge, ridicule and laugh at all we like.

I personally think it's retarded. I don't understand the desire to destroy the one thing about a sport bike that makes it better...the handling. Particularly on the Daytona, which is the best handling of them all.

But, to each his own..and right now my own is being saddend that this poor bike has seen the end of it's twisty life. :sad5:
If your going to go drag racing I think a cheap bike has to be the most affordable way.

I am going to assume that he is drag racing for all of the above reasons as well as the number on his flyscreen.

The bike has obviously seen a hard life already. (See the fuel tank)
So, maybe this is its second life?

If a sport bike isn't a good start for a drag bike what is? A cruiser???

#19 ·
Aggressive is ass-down, stretched out with no ability to corner?

Nice for what it is, but unless it's actually being raced on a drag strip regularly, it's Daytona abuse.

#34 ·
Yes i do drag race with it. Yes it looks "cool". It is not a dedicated drag bike although during season it Will be there every weekend as i sold my 2003 gsxr dedicated drag bike to buy and fix this bike up. I love the post that says "looking at the bike it may be the bikes second life". I bought this bike for nothing with a hole in the block no plastics of any kind not to mention several other miscellaneous pieces AND a parts only title. Thanks to shell015 (he sold me a bunch or parts) i now have a street legal drag bike. I do love to mountain ride and will still do so. There are no kind of gp style tracks or road courses or anything anywhere close and drag racing is our livelihood around here so that's what we do. This bike is one of the most powerful middle weight bikes in its class it dominates so why not see if it can dominate in another field? As far as doing it to a smaller cc bike we have to classes for drag racing 600cc and big bikes. The 636 and 675 are allowed in this 600cc class. The big bike class is full of people with pockets much much deeper than mine with turbo busa's and 75 shot zx14's so that class is more of who has more money. the 600 class is full of bike modded much less and comes down much more to the rider. Therefore it is alot more thrilling and skillful. As we all know the 675 has alot of bottom and mid range power so it loves to wheelie or i have to slip the clutch and waste where it has alot of its power. i have ran 8.77 in its absolute stock form in a 1000ft (which is what our track is. I do not want to make the bike a dedicated drag bike because that would be a waste. Thanks for all the comments good or bad. By the way i have stated i love t mountain ride and have had stretched bikes before and they still ride good enough to go have plenty of fun on a twisty road as for the like of street riding.

#36 ·
:thumbup:

Like I said. Not my thing, and I don't particularly agree with it, but at least it has purpose. Of course I can respect some one's inginuity in modifcations aswell. I am curious about how you stretched it, because it looks like you were able to retain (or duplicate?) the top portion of the OEM swing arm.

#37 ·
As to how i stretched it. I wanted to cut the swingarm right after the > or right before the axle goes on and machine a piece to keep the flow of the swingarm but there is alot of geometry to try to duplicate and keep true. So what i did was basically made some bolt on extenders that you can buy except i made them very precise and welded them on all the way around and then some and ground and smoothed the visible welds. I think it looks ok but if you look the swingarm is very different on both sides so its not the same on both sides. i will post more pictures later when i can. Thanks to all for checking it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.