What did you do to your Street Triple today? - Page 654 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #6531 of 6539 Old 02-04-17, 20:03
easbaysav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
I've done the same thing to my Striple (except I have a Rizoma reservoir) - and now regret it. Either my m/c or my calipers need rebuilt and I have yet to locate a rebuild kit for the m/c. I've been chasing down a soft brake lever issue for 2 years, must have bled the darn thing at least 50 times and have come to the finality that one or the other, or both, needs rebuilt. At least the kit for the Nissin radial is easy to get.
I was a bit concerned before the install and part of the reason I held off for so long. On my D675R I experienced the initial lever pull to be mushy after the bike has sat over time (an hour, overnight, etc). After the initial lever pull, the brakes were solid. I did resolve that issue eventually, but I don't know if it was from bleeding the brakes or going back to the stock lever because they were done at the same time. Bled the brakes a couple times prior to that and didn't work so that leads me to believe it was the aftermarket lever. I didn't have that issue prior to the aftermarket lever either; but then again there was a forum member who had that issue with a stock lever.

Fast forward to having the M/C installed on my RX and the initial lever pull is solid after the bike has sat for some time. Took the bike out for a ride yesterday and all was good too. Seems to take less effort pulling on the brake lever, but won't really be able to test the difference until I get her to some twisties. Only time will tell whether I'll experience the same issue from before, but I had several trackdays on my D675R without issue so I'm optimistic that it will last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thousandwords View Post
Your post made me think a lot about my immediate M/C purchase plans... Now, next for me this winter was a Brembo 19 RCS, and I was ready to pull the plug on it, I mean within a day or two. Now I started wondering about availability of rebuild kit down the road- knowing myself, at the first signs of loss of stopping power, I would add rebuilding the M/C as well to the winter maintenance list, especially that you just said the kits for the stocker nissin are readily available...something to research before deciding whether to buy the brembo or not.

So far no issues for me with my D675R OE Brembo M/C on my ST3RX. As for swapping to Brembo, I did it because the M/C was at my disposal. I think the OEM Nissins on my RX are solid, but wanted to see if there was an improvement with the Brembo M/C.

The 19RCS is an excellent M/C as that's what I'm currently running on my D675R. That's the 3rd bike I've used it on (same M/C) and haven't rebuilt it yet. On top of that, I picked it up second hand in excellent condition. I did swap out the rubber boot for the push rod because it was torn, but that's about it. I do applaud your efforts in rebuilding every winter though.

For the track I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the 19RCS, but for the street, I'd say it isn't necessary. We do have our vices though; I'm probably going to upgrade pads and rotors in the future.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6532 of 6539 Old 02-07-17, 08:41
adrean8j

Quote:
Originally Posted by easbaysav View Post
The 19RCS is an excellent M/C as that's what I'm currently running on my D675R. That's the 3rd bike I've used it on (same M/C) and haven't rebuilt it yet. On top of that, I picked it up second hand in excellent condition. I did swap out the rubber boot for the push rod because it was torn, but that's about it. I do applaud your efforts in rebuilding every winter though.

For the track I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the 19RCS, but for the street, I'd say it isn't necessary. We do have our vices though; I'm probably going to upgrade pads and rotors in the future.
I can wholeheartedly second this. On the track it made an instant and noticeable difference and I would daresay it is just as beneficial on the street. There's definitely something to be said for being able to brake with more confidence. Probably the best upgrade (of MANY) I have made to my Striple R(X )
post #6533 of 6539 Old 02-14-17, 20:22
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I can wholeheartedly second this. On the track it made an instant and noticeable difference and I would daresay it is just as beneficial on the street. There's definitely something to be said for being able to brake with more confidence. Probably the best upgrade (of MANY) I have made to my Striple R(X )

Same here. RCS19 is the best upgrade alongside the Brembo monobloc calipers and Ohlins NIX 30 forks on my STR (X). Actually I was so close getting a 2nd hand Daytona 675R M/C for cheap instead of RCS19, but I'm glad that i changed my mind and went with the RCS19.

- Do Not OpenNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)

post #6534 of 6539 Old 02-15-17, 02:45
JordanG

fitted an evotech radiator guard and a set of rearsets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_WP_20170215_16_17_11_Pro.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	222082  
post #6535 of 6539 Old 02-15-17, 05:55
easbaysav

Bought a set of captive wheel spacers from Thatkid; received them and installed. The comparison pic is of the rears.

Replaced the upper clamp for my bar with upper clamps from the previous gen. The clamps didn't fit properly, but I shimmed it them to make 'em work. I'm guessing they have to be used with the previous gen lower clamps for them to work. The shape is different and the color/texture is slightly off. I'm not sure if I want to keep them on, buy the lower clamps, or go aftermarket. Lastly, a pic of my babies.

Edit: Oh yeah, also installed a RAM mount base (M10 X 1.25 Pitch Male Thread with 1" Ball).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3834 copy.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	222090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3833 copy.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	222098   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3837 copy.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	222106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3835 copy.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	222114   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3838 copy.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	222122  

Last edited by easbaysav; 02-15-17 at 06:07.
post #6536 of 6539 Old 02-19-17, 21:59
apacifico3

Garage
Installed the Daytona swingarm and put on some new rubber.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1487555976.359879.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	222522
post #6537 of 6539 Old 02-20-17, 21:23
thousandwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacifico3 View Post
Installed the Daytona swingarm and put on some new rubber.
Attachment 222522

What year daytona? Looks good.
post #6538 of 6539 Old 02-22-17, 13:49
apacifico3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thousandwords View Post
What year daytona? Looks good.
Thanks! Any 2013+ Daytona is a direct swap, except for part 16 (http://www.triumphestore.com/a/Trium...62092-2-2.html). Most eBay sellers include all the spacers, sleeves and bearings. Just use your own axle. Chain guard, rear fender, chain rubbing piece/swingarm protector and those bolts are all different though. Wheel axle and adjusters are the same.
post #6539 of 6539 Old 02-22-17, 13:59
apacifico3

Garage
Bike stranded me the other day on the way back from class. Left campus after the bike warmed up and pulled out on to the main road, wheelied under the bridge and boom. Dead. RPMs just kinda of sputtered and died. Got a buddy to pick me and the bike up and take us back home where I immediately plugged it in to DealerTool to read errors. Nothing.

Removed gas tank (drained, cleaned, and filled with fresh non-ethanol gas and some injector cleaner. Removed airbox (nothing wrong there). Remove fuel pump and check filter and pressure/volume; everything is good. Remove throttle bodies (no loose wires or hoses). Removed and cleaned injectors. Removed and replaced spark plugs and tested for spark, which was good. Removed PowerCommander. Boom, turned on no issue. Re-installed PCV, nothing. Just spins over. All plugs cleaned and checked for frays or splits (none) and ground is good. Plugged into laptop and the PCV powers on via USB. Remove USB and the PCV dies. Talked to customer support and they recommended jumping a red injector power wire to the battery to get the unit to turn on - no dice. Hopefully sending back and getting a new one soon. Bike runs fine without PCV (idles, haven't actually rode it yet due to nasty weather and getting late) but let heat cycle and ran well.

I wonder what happened with the PCV? Been using it for about a year and just got my bike tuned almost 2 weeks ago and has been running perfect since. I know it's not my bike or the any connections as the stock wiring setup works fine and does not cut off or die. Anyone else have any stories about PowerCommanders?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement