What did you do to your Street Triple today? - Page 655 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #6541 of 6549 Old 03-10-17, 03:08
apacifico3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrampusP International View Post
I got to go for a nice February ride! Twice! ha

Also, I have my 6,000 service due. I like working on my cars and bikes myself, but the only bike work I've done is dirt bikes. There's a few items on the list that I've never dealt with, which is making me wonder whether or not I should just go in and have a shop do my service. Closest Triumph dealer is about an hour away, in 2 directions.

I did a little bit of a research and it seems people have adjusted their throttle bodies with tuneECU, which isn't compatible with the 13+ (if I'm not mistaken). Then there's the Autoscan check that I can't do, and a few other "check wear" type specifications I'll need to figure out (I still don't have the service manual...maybe I should get it!)

Thoughts on doing the work myself, or doing what I can and having my shop take care of the other checks? Plus side to bringing it to the shop would be the possibility of having the Arrow tune applied.

Get DealerTool (aftermarket PC software) so you can reset service interval and check/sync throttle bodies. Just google "DealerTool Triumph" and it should pop up. You'll need to send them your vin after purchase and they'll send you the install disc and USB/OBD cable for the bike. Also need a Windows PC to run the software. I'd recommend picking up a service manual too from Triumph. Might be able to find a cheap copy somewhere out there.

The work is really easy to do. Even valves at 12k weren't bad. Just torque all bolts to the proper values and double and triple check everything. If you've got questions, shoot me a message and I'll try to help you as much as I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to apacifico3 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6542 of 6549 Old 03-10-17, 08:10
Gzblack2

Quote:
I got to go for a nice February ride! Twice! ha

Also, I have my 6,000 service due. I like working on my cars and bikes myself, but the only bike work I've done is dirt bikes. There's a few items on the list that I've never dealt with, which is making me wonder whether or not I should just go in and have a shop do my service. Closest Triumph dealer is about an hour away, in 2 directions.

I did a little bit of a research and it seems people have adjusted their throttle bodies with tuneECU, which isn't compatible with the 13+ (if I'm not mistaken). Then there's the Autoscan check that I can't do, and a few other "check wear" type specifications I'll need to figure out (I still don't have the service manual...maybe I should get it!)

Thoughts on doing the work myself, or doing what I can and having my shop take care of the other checks? Plus side to bringing it to the shop would be the possibility of having the Arrow tune applied.
I have dealertool,and it works great.
There is another option if you have an android device. Tune ecu has an app that with a Bluetooth you can access the ecu on 13+ models. Limited to servicing the bike,no map changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gzblack2 For This Useful Post:
Philippewan (03-10-17), TrampusP International (03-10-17)
post #6543 of 6549 Old 03-10-17, 15:12
TrampusP International

Thanks guys! I actually kept a Windows PC, because there's a car program (VAG-COM) that only runs on Windows. Although, I still haven't purchased it...

No Android for me, so I'll look into DealerTool. It sounds like the better option anyway.
There's a good chance I'll have some questions the first go-around, but I think once I have the service manual and DealerTool I'll feel a bit better about it.

post #6544 of 6549 Old 03-10-17, 20:41
thisisbenji

I switched out my eBay shorty levers for some standard length ASV F3 levers today.

So much nicer, I've always hated the eBay levers.
The Following User Says Thank You to thisisbenji For This Useful Post:
Rookie28 (03-10-17)
post #6545 of 6549 Old 03-10-17, 22:21
Shamrock

Quote:
Thanks guys! I actually kept a Windows PC, because there's a car program (VAG-COM) that only runs on Windows. Although, I still haven't purchased it...

No Android for me, so I'll look into DealerTool. It sounds like the better option anyway.
There's a good chance I'll have some questions the first go-around, but I think once I have the service manual and DealerTool I'll feel a bit better about it.
http://dealertoolcouk.ipage.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamrock For This Useful Post:
post #6546 of 6549 Old 03-13-17, 16:13
WittTay

Oh joy of joy what did I do to my Striple today. I sat there trying to install my new forks and new shock and realized I had bought a pre-ABS set of forks and a Daytona R shock off of the trellis frame era so it doesn't have enough clearance to make it fit. Guess those are going on the classifieds unless someone has a good idea of how I can make them fit without dremeling my battery box.
post #6547 of 6549 Old 03-21-17, 21:11
TrampusP International

Finally got the cage/sliders I've been after, from a member here! (They came in a few days ago). Got around to attempting to install them today, and ran into a few snags. Even so, I already am happy with the look and the build quality looks good. Attaching at 3 points makes me feel good about their sturdiness. Speaking of...one of the 'snags' is that the the bottom engine bolt (nearest the rearsets) has too large a head to go into the cage's guide hole. Does anybody know of a place to scoop up one with the same bolt diameter/length, but slightly smaller head? I'll post up some pics once I get both sides on!
post #6548 of 6549 Old 03-23-17, 02:03
Rookie28

Garage
Added lightech rear wheel adjusters and replaced drive train with a 520 superlite conversion kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6549 of 6549 Old Today, 11:32
thisisbenji

Those adjusters are spiffy!

I'm also jealous of how clean your drivetrain is!
The Following User Says Thank You to thisisbenji For This Useful Post:
Rookie28 (Today)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement