NJMP Crash + Rebuild thread - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 07-10-11, 18:40   #1
BMAF

Default NJMP Crash + Rebuild thread

I was at NJMP Lightening this past Saturday. First time there and first time riding with Absolute Cycles, so I signed up for class 1. Didn't know the track at all and figured it would be the safe thing to do.

I go out the first session. The riders class didn't go out this time. There was only like 7 riders out plus a few coaches. Immediately I really like track. The bowl was great! I felt really good out there and was picking up the pace quick.

Second session: The Riders class was out this time. Sitting in pit lane a coach on a 675r pulls out. Suuhhweet. He starts leading my group. I pass the rider in front of me to get to the 675r. I start following his sloppy lines. He notices me and picks up the pace. Attempting to paying attention to the riders class. I noticed anytime they get on anything considered a "straight" they would spread out 4 wide and take up the whole track. WTF? The 675r and myself got away from them. Made a few laps with me following him and I'm staying on his tail. He instructs me to go ahead of him and I did so. As we're going around I'm feeling good and pushing deeper. The track is sooo smooth, putting heat and confidence into the Super Corsas

Coming on to the front straight, I see the riders class towards the middle way down the track. I didn't want to be a total douche and fly passed them at 140mph and stuff someone into turn 1. I eased into the group. A couple of bikes and blast pass. I turn around and the 675r is still behind me. Obviously he wanted to stay with me. I took the first chance I could get to get around the class.

The 675r passed me and waves me to follow him again. He picks up the pace immediately. Just what I'm into! I'm hot on his trail and mimicking his lines. My eyes are locked on to the back tire of the sexy ass white bike. I was literally talking to myself in my helmet saying "Wow, that line makes a lot more sense! Coming off turn 5, as some of you know you carry a lot of speed out of that turn. As I straighten up the bike I look down the track for my break marker. "HOLY FUXK the rider class is 4 wide. WHY ARE THEY 4 FUXKING 4 WIDE". I had no time to shave that speed off or even zip between anyone. I run it off into the grass. I'm light braking and thinking I have this. I see mud coming up... then BAM the front dives. I tumble a few times and I can see my tona doing a barrel roll as it pass through my limited view. I jump up and run to the bike, pick it up and try to start it. NOPE... not happening. Second look, The key is broke off in the ignition. SH!t. I pushed it over to the guardrail and post up like James Dean waiting for the tow truck.

I take a ride in the ambulance and get back to the little health station. The EMT tells me I'm breathing heavy. I reply back: "Seriously? I just crashed? What do you expect?" He laughs and we go back to watching Judge Judy on the TV.

My friend pushed my bike back to our canopy for me. One of the people in my group tells me they were talking the couple next to us, one of with was a coach. She had spoke with the coach on the 675r I was with and said I shouldn't have been in that class. They would have moved me up if I hadn't crashed. Well doesn't that just suck. whomp.

I stayed the rest of the day to support my friend that was riding also. Now today I'm a little sore. My shoulder is giving me some pain. Besides that I'm great. Ready to rebuild this bike! I have her stripped down and Ill start ordering parts this week.

You can see the damage in this vid. It's a vlog (not the crash)
Here: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If3txInRFZ4"]YouTube - ‪Dustin Alan Vlog - NJMP Crash‬‏[/nomedia]

...and now this will also be a rebuild thread! Stay tuned!

Here are some pics:

BMAFRacing GP Brake Res kits - CLICK HERE

Last edited by BMAF; 07-10-11 at 20:41.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-11, 19:28   #2
soulpatch

That blows man. So sorry to see but at least you are intact and able to ride again...

Old 07-10-11, 20:03   #3
Tonymac

Dude, that was a great write-up!

Sorry for your crash. I am glad you are ok. Rebuilding anything is always fun though.
TechSpec Tank pads, Twinlight Driver, MOSFET R/R, Exup delete, Air Flapper Delete, ECU re-map, Comp Werkes Fender FE,
BMC Filter, Comp Werkes Integrated Clear Tail, GB Racing Crash Protection kit.
Next Mods
Righteous metal EZ pull clutch lever (working it).

Old 07-10-11, 20:22   #4
Turbo_Joe

Post up pics of the bike or I will hahaha

Old 07-10-11, 20:33   #5
BMAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Joe View Post
Post up pics of the bike or I will hahaha
They're in the video.

I will post them tho

Old 07-10-11, 20:51   #6
Tonymac

Did the levers break?...

NO!!!

HOLY CRAP!!! That is a massive slider (that's what she said)!!! No wonder they snapped off.
TechSpec Tank pads, Twinlight Driver, MOSFET R/R, Exup delete, Air Flapper Delete, ECU re-map, Comp Werkes Fender FE,
Next Mods

Last edited by Tonymac; 07-10-11 at 20:56.

Old 07-10-11, 20:54   #7
old blue

Glad you survived.

Just going by pic #1, I suggest you take up ballet as a sideline.

O.B

Old 07-10-11, 20:59   #8
BMAF

Tony, The ASV held up great! Just got a little dirrrrty and yeah, they're big! They saved those fairings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymac View Post
Did the levers break?... NO!!!

HOLY CRAP!!! Those are some massive frame sliders (that's what she said)!!! No wonder they snapped off.

OB, I would surely limber me up! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by old blue View Post
Glad you survived.

Just going by pic #1, I suggest you take up ballet as a sideline.

O.B

Old 07-10-11, 21:00   #9
Tonymac

You know, I kid ad all but it really bothers me to see someone go down. I am really glad all is well.
Next Mods

Old 07-10-11, 21:06   #10
BMAF

No biggie man! I'm good and healthy! I think it's funny to joke about it. what else can you do? I already know how to correct this for next time. I have to put it back together and go back out!

BTW... today after I made that video.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement