Aviator's Daytona, Reborn! - PICS ARE UP!!! - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Digital Media Forum > 675 Photos

675 Photos Pictures and more pictures!!!

Old 04-10-11, 22:04   #1
Aviator
BOTM Winner

Default Aviator's Daytona, Reborn! - PICS ARE UP!!!

In order to build anew, one must first demolish the old. I took the second part of that a bit too seriously.

You may all recall my epic-noob crash at the track just shy of a year ago.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eH78BHWeCs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - "The Kink" - Blackhawk Farms Raceway[/nomedia]

(Incidentally, watching that video again has made me desperately miss riding the track..even if the end is a bit abrupt).

The result?

Frantic repairs, and orders were made (again, can't say this enough thanks to Nick at STG for all his help here...Sending orders different places, changing their destinations...top notch service), and me and my damaged lady were off NJMP for the T675.net track day.

Again, Tom (Tapcon) and Connor (Redsands) spent a fair amount of their own track-prep time getting me, and my bike sorted, including lending me parts, mounting fairings etc. Both top notch guys, and the T675.net track day last year was an awesome event, as I'm sure the one that is happening in a couple weeks will be as well.

After this track day? The bike was shelved for quite sometime. It sat, and it sat. Only seeing me when I went to the storage locker to remove some other piece of furniture or luggage. I did always give it an affectionate little pat or hug.

This is where I made one of my saddest decisions. Being young, and not too financially stable, I made the decision to take a break (of several years ) from the track. So, slowly but surely I started to sell off all my track related bits, including the fairings, rear sets etc, and I started to replace the damaged street bits!

Then, some personal, non-bike related issues popped up, and the bike sat even more neglected for months on end. However, the time has come. I've been cleaning, polishing, removing, repairing and replacing all the little odds and ends.

Now, I have this sitting in my storage unit. All non-essential crap has been removed, and I have a working garage again!

She's stripped, and ready for her new clothes! She even has brand new shoes (Dunlop Q2s...Thank you TJ at Ridersdiscount for a stunning price and fast shipping) in the background.

Now for the part that has me all hot and bothered. The plastics, and replacement tank have been at paint for a couple of weeks now, and the painter (Tyler) has started to torture me with texts of the progress.

If the paint booth looks familiar to you discerning forum types, it is because I met Tyler through another member, StreetTripleUSMC who had a running cack-tease of a paint thread a while bike, linked below for your enjoyment.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/show...t=46624&page=4

I had a general paint scheme in mind, but after seeing the great work that Tyler did on StreetTripleUSMC's (Greg) bike I decided to give him artistic discretion and I could not be more thrilled. I did want to keep a couple logos, so their style and location are my doing.

Teaser number 1...recieved sometime during class....A spontaneous ear to ear grin may have been a bit off putting to the professor...but he will never understand.

Then they sort of started to trickle in, one here or there over the next few days.

I chose the colors, but Tyler decided on exactly how they would interact. He's done a fantastic job. The "Daytona" is not a decal... It is hand painted.

Now, the clear:

That's all for now. He hasn't sent me any photos of the tank, so it's making me think he's got something great planned, and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Huge thanks to Tyler. He has done a great job, for an absolutely stand out price. He has excellent communication, great skills, and was very easy to hash out the design with.

Other things done besides paint? Not much for a lack of funds, but important things have been done. EXUP deleted, Intake Flapper deleted, new FP Tactical levers, Puig Z Racing windscreen, TechSpec Snakeskins, keyless gas cap, and with any luck the GB Racing protection bundle is in my future..as of now she is unprotected, and I can't have my lady in public without her protection.

--Note, this may seem immensly self indulgent, and you may be popping a huge "Who gives a shit" light bulb...That's fine. It is entirely self indulgent.

Last edited by Aviator; 05-08-11 at 21:49.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-11, 22:45   #2
Hokie

That paint is sick.

Old 04-10-11, 23:12   #3
DecepticonDon
BOTM Marshall

oooooo! pretty paint

Old 04-10-11, 23:57   #4
Jstu202
John the Jersey Admin

Need to see this thing all together.. Gonna be awesome.

CCS Expert # 900 STT - Advanced TPM - Advanced NESBA - Advanced TTD - Advanced
Spammer Kill Count - 205 "Piranha Gun! Oh Yeaaa!!"
Ridersdiscount
- BridgewaterAcura - VIP Honda - JackTrebourMotorcycles
"Death smiles at us all, All a man can do is smile back."
2014 Triumph675.net Track Day! Sign up HERE!

Old 04-11-11, 00:05   #5
BradManUWF

Nice paint, looks great.

Your video link at the top doesn't work, it takes me to the list of my videos.
BradManUWF's Youtube Channel

Old 04-11-11, 00:33   #6
tapcon
Surfer of the lear

Kris, that paint it incredible! Glad to see you back on the Forum. Can't wait to see the finished product.

TPM: RED

2013 TRIUMPH675.NET TRACK DAYS NJMP SIGN UP

Old 04-11-11, 00:48   #7
wuzertheloser
BOTM Winner

looks sharp!

Old 04-11-11, 01:41   #8
doublen675

Subscribed...I'm looking forward to seeing this baby come back together.

/
//Double "N"
The Exhaust Reference Thread - My Thread - All About Oil
Bike of the Month Submissions...
"When Life Throw's You a Curve...Lean Into It."

Old 04-11-11, 02:05   #9
MattieP

That's a friggin' awesome paint job !!

Old 04-11-11, 07:43   #10
Smoke

+675 on the rockin' paint, makes me want to crash just so I have a justification ^^ And fix the video link, dammit

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement