California Insurance? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > North America > California

Old 03-31-11, 22:54   #1
CrazyItalian

Default California Insurance?

I'm trying to change my insurance over from Mass to Cali and the two quotes I have gotten are insane. Who do you Cali riders use?

Quick note, I guess this matters here, but I don't own a car, this is my main mode of transportation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-11, 23:13   #2
wuzertheloser
BOTM Winner

personally I use AAA and it's $500 / year with full coverage except for collision. If I added collision, it'd be around $625 / year

Old 03-31-11, 23:17   #3
llenta
BOTM Winner

insurance here can be cheap or expensive depending upon what coverage you want, what bike you own, and what your driving record is. You are required at least liability which you should be able to get for a few hundred a year (possibly less). If you want collision and comprehensive and uninsured motorist with high limits,then you could be looking at closer to a grand (roughly +/-). Everybody and every company is different so I suggest you shop around. Its weird, but some people are quoted 30-40% more then other people for the same coverage for whatever reason.

If you fell you are being quoted too much, post up here what companies you have tried and see if others have tried others that you can get a quote from.

Old 04-01-11, 00:23   #4
CrazyItalian

I have clean record, no tickets, no crashes, I'm 26 and I dont think I had too crazy of coverages and the quote from geico was 2600/yr!!! Progressive was like 1800 and Liberty Mutal was 1400 or 1100 with a 1000 deductible. I still feel thats insane. In Mass I had 250 deductibles and its 450 a year

Old 04-01-11, 00:44   #5
coreyvwc

State Farm, my stats are the same yours and I pay $70 per month for full coverage. Simple cheap and easy.

Old 04-01-11, 02:20   #6
tesposito

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyvwc View Post
State Farm, my stats are the same yours and I pay $70 per month for full coverage. Simple cheap and easy.
Word, sf is your friend for ins. I have full coverage, 500 deductible, and I pay a couple hundred (460 I think) a year. 27, clean record. Helps to have multiple policies too, my car and renters are also with state farm.

Old 04-01-11, 03:33   #7
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

If you are doing it online try calling in I had the same results as you from the online crap.

Old 04-01-11, 05:50   #8
BillB

All my bikes, cars and house are with State Farm and have been for ages. They insured my bikes back when other companies wouldn't. Since I'm willing and can afford to repair or replace my bikes and cars should they get damaged, I just carry maximum liability, and it is dirt cheap. Of course, it helps to be an old guy.

Old 04-01-11, 10:14   #9
CrazyItalian

Awesome thanks guys, calling State Farm today. One more question, if I go to the DMV on Monday can I register the bike with my out of state insurance until I can switch it over? When I talked to Liberty Mutual (my current insurance) she said I had 30 days from registering to switch. I know in MA you need valid state insurance the day you go to the DMV.

Old 04-01-11, 11:52   #10
llenta
BOTM Winner

I believe you have 30 days from your move to get your registration switched over. Not sure if you can register with out of state insurance or not
Also your age and where you live will also affect your insurance quote. Like I stated earlier, just shop around until you find a company that doesn't rape you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement