a present for biker (male) - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Off Topic > Stuff of interest

Stuff of interest General Off-Topic topics - anything that's on your mind. Please read the rules before posting

Old 11-17-10, 13:11   #11
Jebus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jebus

The 2 things men love most are free. Both of those are sexual.

But... regarding this bike present:
1. If he's a track junkie, get a set of his favorite tires. Tire warmers if he doesn't have them already. This is only if he's a track junkie.
2. If he just likes to ride occasionally, after market parts. Do some research into what he wants to get for his bike. Levers, rearsets, steering dampener. Those are some good ones.
3. I love good gear. If he wears gear, consider a pair of high end gloves (knox handroids are badass).

What does your budget look like? All these are 100-400 dollars.

I'd try to get him something he'll actually use, not a diacast model. It may be cool, but after a week, it'll just go overlooked and be completely useless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-10, 13:14   #12
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Is Keith Code's school available in the UK? If not that suggestion goes out the window.
Yep! It totally is. In fact there was a miniseries all about Keith Code's School that was set in the UK. They've had a school there for years

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Old 11-17-10, 13:23   #13
Lion

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
The 2 things men love most are free. Both of those are sexual.

But... regarding this bike present:
1. If he's a track junkie, get a set of his favorite tires. Tire warmers if he doesn't have them already. This is only if he's a track junkie.
2. If he just likes to ride occasionally, after market parts. Do some research into what he wants to get for his bike. Levers, rearsets, steering dampener. Those are some good ones.
3. I love good gear. If he wears gear, consider a pair of high end gloves (knox handroids are badass).

What does your budget look like? All these are 100-400 dollars.

I'd try to get him something he'll actually use, not a diacast model. It may be cool, but after a week, it'll just go overlooked and be completely useless.
Jebus hit the nail on the "head" (hey Jebus I bet Head is one of those two free things men love).

1. If he's a track junkie, get a set of his favorite tires. - In case you don't know which tires these are, they're the ones he has somewhere in the garage not mounted to the bike and are totally useless but he swears by them so much that he's convinced himself that he can get one more track do outta them so refuses to throw them away.

2. If he just likes to ride occasionally, after market parts. Do some research into what he wants to get for his bike. Levers, rearsets, steering dampener. Those are some good ones. - Every serious rider keeps and maintains a checklist of aftermarket parts/accessories that s/he wans to get (can I get an "AMEN?"). Find that list and you're golden. A sly way to get this info out of him without letting on that you are going to buy him something is to say that a friend or co-worker of yours is getting a bike similar to your husband's and they asked you what they should get for the bike.

3. I love good gear. If he wears gear, consider a pair of high end gloves (knox handroids are badass). - This can be tricky and I would use this as a last resort only. Fitment is not an exact science and it's often hard to get it right when buying for someone else.

I'd try to get him something he'll actually use, not a diacast model. It may be cool, but after a week, it'll just go overlooked and be completely useless. - Truer words are seldom spoken on this forum (kidding) so don't get him a dicast model...get one for me!

What do you think of my first suggestion of the photos?
www.sportbikesincmag.com

Old 11-17-10, 13:28   #14
kingbell

Quote:
Is Keith Code's school available in the UK? If not that suggestion goes out the window.
Yeah it does run over here a guy called andy ibbott runs it. I would like to do it in the next couple of years so i will need to keep watching the dvd and read the books till then.

Old 11-17-10, 13:30   #15
Jebus
Banned

Quote:
Jebus hit the nail on the "head" (hey Jebus I bet Head is one of those two free things men love).

1. If he's a track junkie, get a set of his favorite tires. - In case you don't know which tires these are, they're the ones he has somewhere in the garage not mounted to the bike and are totally useless but he swears by them so much that he's convinced himself that he can get one more track do outta them so refuses to throw them away.

2. If he just likes to ride occasionally, after market parts. Do some research into what he wants to get for his bike. Levers, rearsets, steering dampener. Those are some good ones. - Every serious rider keeps and maintains a checklist of aftermarket parts/accessories that s/he wans to get (can I get an "AMEN?"). Find that list and you're golden. A sly way to get this info out of him without letting on that you are going to buy him something is to say that a friend or co-worker of yours is getting a bike similar to your husband's and they asked you what they should get for the bike.

3. I love good gear. If he wears gear, consider a pair of high end gloves (knox handroids are badass). - This can be tricky and I would use this as a last resort only. Fitment is not an exact science and it's often hard to get it right when buying for someone else.

I'd try to get him something he'll actually use, not a diacast model. It may be cool, but after a week, it'll just go overlooked and be completely useless. - Truer words are seldom spoken on this forum (kidding) so don't get him a dicast model...get one for me!

What do you think of my first suggestion of the photos?
In addition to #2, every guy thinks it's the hottest thing when a woman is interested in his motorcycle. If you walk up and say, 'Wow... your bike is sexy. I saw a couple on the road, and yours is the best.' He'll talk for hours and hours until you want to blow off your head. But I'm sure you'll find the info you need.

I like the photo idea. I think it's really cool, provided the photos are badass. I'd love a CD from my last track day, but he's not me.

Old 11-17-10, 14:10   #16
Smoke

I think the trackday would be the surest hit, but it's quite pricey.

Maybe you can get him a remote controlled bike ^^ I'm getting a drift RC car for Xmas, personally... He might like a SBKX ou Moto GP game for his console if he follows bike championships.

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 11-17-10, 15:51   #17
old blue

Track or road ... a gift of a good set of tyres would make me forever grateful, and raise my respect of my other half to an even higher level.

"Racetect K2's darling ... and they smell so fresh! How did you know!"

O.B

Old 11-17-10, 15:55   #18
Jebus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I think the trackday would be the surest hit, but it's quite pricey.

Maybe you can get him a remote controlled bike ^^ I'm getting a drift RC car for Xmas, personally... He might like a SBKX ou Moto GP game for his console if he follows bike championships.
If you don't want to break your budget, SBK X is a brilliant motorcycle racing sim.

You can get it off ebay here in the states.

Old 11-17-10, 17:46   #19
RIDER

Moto GP tickets,only thing I can think of that would beat tires.

Old 11-18-10, 01:13   #20
MarkF

Quote:
What makes you say that?
Just a hunch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement