So i took my front fairings off so i could clean them good. saw all the intake valve crap. I have a tuneecu tune with the intake flapper turned off, so why not just remove it all.
1) unbolt front fairing bolts
2) remove windscreen
3) remove mirrors
4) you dont have to remove the side fairings but i already had them off so it helped
5) i allowed the whole front fairing to drop down and sit on top of the front fender
here is the picture with the fairings off
6) remove grill, it has to pins you must pull the rubber around so it pops off
7) now unplug the hose from the intake flapper unit above the intake tube, now turn the intake flapper unit 90 deg. and pull it up enough so you can remove the hook from the actuall flapper.
flapper control unit.
8) now you have it disconnected and removed, your going to need to loosen a lot of screws on the intake tube. the intake tube is a split design, its cut in half in the middle, and there are phillips screws on top and bottom, your going to need to loosen almost all of them to get the flapper out.
here is a picture of a bracket your going to have to remove to get to a screw that is hidden. there are also 2 10mm bolts you need to remove.
9) you can now push the intake tube apart a bit and pull the flapper out
10) now if you want to can cover up the hole, i used some 3m double sided tape i had laying around, it holds up to 5 lbs and i used it on car emblems that you can hardly get back off with a screw driver. you can use anything ugly or leave the hole open, you cannot see it with the bike back together.
11) now you can remove all the hoses, if you are not tuned you need to leave the electric connector on the solenoid connected, i left it connected even tho im tuned. you will have 1 hose that runs to the engine, under the tank, i pulled my tank up but could not find where it went, so i plugged it with a screw and zip tied it in there.