Triumph Rider Locations - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports

News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports any and all 675 ride experiences and news

Old 07-31-10, 12:26   #1
nitemask

Default Triumph Rider Locations

OK. I'm going to give this a try since they used to have a map with user locations. I have a Google Map called Triumph 675 owners.

1. Click Link http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...54bf373be8421e

2. Click Edit - You have to have a gmail account. If not, go ahead and PM or just reply to this post me with zip code or city and I will update it. Make sure to add a description Ex. I put Nitemask - 2009 D675.

OPTION 1:
1. Zoom out, find your location, and zoom in to where you want.

2. Right click on the map, click add a placemark, and then put whatever you want to in the title, then OK. You can also delete or cancel the addition of your location at this point if you made a mistake.

3. Click Save, then Done in top Left panel when done.

OPTION 2:
1. In the top Google Maps Search Bar, put your address, zip code, city, country, whatever you want people to know where you live.

2. On the left panel, under the location, click Save to, pick Triumph 675 Owners.

3.. Click My Maps, Triumph 675 Owners, Click your new location, and put whatever you want to in the title, then OK. You can also delete or cancel the addition of your location at this point if you made a mistake. Click Save, then Done in top Left panel when done.

To view all riders, try this link https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...21e&output=kml

Hope this works, if it doesn't, let me know. This is a test, so hopefully it works. Any hints or tips would be appreciated. This works in other countries as I tested it for Bali.As a side note, you can also use this to get directions to other riders, as well as use satellite view, or google earth.

Last edited by nitemask; 08-04-12 at 15:09.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-10, 14:27   #2
Bushmaster86

Send a message via AIM to Bushmaster86

i added my location, but it won't let me perform step 5 where you edit the title, etc. Tried redoing it all but now my address is just there twice and I can't delete it.

EDIT- nevermind, I got it to work w/ Safari. It was being glitchy w/ Firefox for some reason. Cool idea

2010 Daytona 675 SE (Dakota)
1998 Honda CBR600F3 (sold)

Last edited by Bushmaster86; 07-31-10 at 14:36.

Old 07-31-10, 15:12   #3
NOLAnuffsaid

wow, this is great. so far i'm the only southerner, but i'm sure thats gonna change.

Old 08-01-10, 03:14   #4
doublen675

Added, had some issues and ended up just zooming in and adding a placemark. Could be Chrome though. IDK

/
//Double "N"
"When Life Throw's You a Curve...Lean Into It."

Old 08-01-10, 04:07   #5
Kelduron

Just added myself. Great idea too - was wondering if we'd get another map going of all the t675.net riders

Old 08-01-10, 04:48   #6
A.pArKs
BOTM Winner

Send a message via ICQ to A.pArKs Send a message via AIM to A.pArKs

we did something like this back in 06.... i dont remember what the site i used was tho... haha

Old 08-01-10, 08:04   #7
Neanderthal

Probably "Frapper".

Old 08-01-10, 11:52   #8
r2ro

Send a message via ICQ to r2ro Send a message via AIM to r2ro Send a message via Yahoo to r2ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
Probably "Frapper".

Frappr .. no E Site seems dead at the moment.

Added myself to this. Nowhere near as easy as frappr was, but hey, thanks.

Old 08-01-10, 11:57   #9
MacBandit

I've seen this exact same idea on this forum about 2 years ago. It's got to be around here somewhere still.

Yup as stated above it was part of frappr and it's actually the SECOND sticky post at the top of this forum.

[ame="http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94"]Add yourself to the map! - Triumph675.Net Forums[/ame]

I'm sure it's still working it's just that Frappr is down at the moment for some reason. Also Frappr uses the same Google Maps that you did.

Last edited by MacBandit; 08-01-10 at 12:02.

Old 08-01-10, 12:38   #10
AsphaltScraper
Chiperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
I've seen this exact same idea on this forum about 2 years ago. It's got to be around here somewhere still.

Yup as stated above it was part of frappr and it's actually the SECOND sticky post at the top of this forum.

Add yourself to the map! - Triumph675.Net Forums

I'm sure it's still working it's just that Frappr is down at the moment for some reason. Also Frappr uses the same Google Maps that you did.
If the Frappr page comes back then it makes sense to use that in the interests of keeping things tidy around here, otherwise this one should work pretty nicely.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement