what did you do to your 675 today???? - Page 895 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #8941 of 8949 Old 05-18-17, 21:29
petah50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan_J View Post
That guage pod of looks amazing! Such a good idea....I may have to copy you on this one. Hopefully you don't mind if your guage pod has a twin in San Diego.

Love the black wheels too.
Not at all. So easy to do. Just remove the windshield and use a small flat screwdriver to pry just the silver piece off. It will pop off, no need to remove the whole cluster. Nothing to tape, snaps back in place when you are done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8942 of 8949 Old 05-19-17, 00:26
ramnakhle

Garage
She got the big one today :O

K&N air filter
SC Project CR-T slip-on in titanium finish
Triumph ECU slip-on tune
Servo Buddy for CEL

Hi all,
I have had a thing for the CR-T since a friend of mine had one installed on a ZX6R. Sounded and looked amazing. Then I was surprised to see they didn't make it for the Daytona, even though it was available for the street triple. Weird?
A few months later I found a post about a custom made CR-T By David Chen from circuit x breakers, so this encouraged me to go down the same route. I think a few orders have been made so SC-project has the CR-T listed on their website for the Daytona, BUT keep in mind this is still a custom slip-on made to order so expect a few months waiting time before they ship (waited 3 months for mine to ship, then received it a few days later).

Now for the slip-on, I will post a few pics and give my opinion, but David has a much better detailed review and videos than I will ever make, so check out his post for a spot-on overview of the CR-T on the Daytona. Check it out here

Disclaimer: this thing is EFFFIN loud. And for those of you (like me) who have heard it on other 600 class bikes, it is MUCH louder on the Daytona for some reason. It is insane and no video will do it justice. It is much louder than you will ever imagine from the videos.

Here's my quick first glance review
- Quality: 10/10 - Beautiful craftsmanship, that titanium finish is fantastic.
- Sound: HOLY CRAP THIS IS LOUD. But it's a beautiful sound. Ear plugs area a must. Cagers now know you're coming from a mile away. My friend rides a loud ass decatted 2016 ZX-10R, he can't hear his own bike anymore and he's pissed :D
- Install: easy, it's a slip-on.
- Engine: you lose a little mid-range, very little, but up top it's a whole different game. The engine feels lighter and has more of that get up and go throttle response.
- Looks: see for yourself. I think it looks gorgeous on the bike.
Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/Fkg-kogou14

Old exhaust and servo junk out

That thing weighs a TON

Here's the new slip-on

NO BAFFLE OPTION

The new and improved Tona

Last edited by ramnakhle; 05-19-17 at 01:38. Reason: Adding video link.
post #8943 of 8949 Old 05-19-17, 16:11
PDX_Greg

Garage
Went with the Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen...tallest available I believe, and had to wait for it to get back into stock. I love it so far...get much less air lift under my helmet at 80+ and provides more of a cockpit feel

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

post #8944 of 8949 Old 05-19-17, 16:56
TN12 StripleR

what did you do to your 675 today????

I was looking at those and thought they looked funny in smoke, that clear looks pretty good though.

It was technically yesterday but I just put a new set of Pilot Power 3 on my Daytona. Feels so revitalized. The old tires were pretty squared off and all the way to the wear marks...
post #8945 of 8949 Old 05-19-17, 21:28
PDX_Greg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN12 StripleR View Post
I was looking at those and thought they looked funny in smoke, that clear looks pretty good though.
Being 6'3" it was definitely more of a functional choice than an aesthetic one. I slapped on a tailbag this week and I think that helps even out the look (should've gotten one of those a long time ago). I didn't want to order the Corsa and wish it was a lil' taller 😁

post #8946 of 8949 Old 05-19-17, 21:56
TN12 StripleR

what did you do to your 675 today????

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_Greg View Post
Being 6'3" it was definitely more of a functional choice than an aesthetic one. I slapped on a tailbag this week and I think that helps even out the look (should've gotten one of those a long time ago). I didn't want to order the Corsa and wish it was a lil' taller

Honestly I was considering a Corsa and thinking it would look terrible, but your post is making me second guess that. I am 5'10 so no height problems but even in a full tuck the stock screen is kind of a joke.

Last edited by TN12 StripleR; 05-20-17 at 19:42. Reason: Auto correct 😑
post #8947 of 8949 Old 05-20-17, 19:03
aeswedzikowski

Installed a full GB Racing protection kit and some stompgrip... Ready for my first track day!
post #8948 of 8949 Old 05-26-17, 17:54
djcheng92

Garage
Setup the LED RPM indicator to 7 LED mode!

2012 Daytona 675r
post #8949 of 8949 Old 05-26-17, 19:46
TN12 StripleR

Ordered Helibars!! Excited!! Should be here for me to install on my next off day (Thursday)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement