what did you do to your 675 today???? - Page 880 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #8791 of 8798 Old Yesterday, 21:29
trumppking

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
Well, I blew out a fork seal today. So that's fun. Time to run around tomorrow getting stuff and dropping the forks off to be serviced.
It must have be all those extra doughnuts, you best get back in the gym.

Jefe, you still thinking about what kind of landscaping you want done?, let me know.

KEEP CALM and RIDE ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8792 of 8798 Old Yesterday, 21:32
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumppking View Post
Donuts + dank whoolies = a trip to MGF's casa
post #8793 of 8798 Old Yesterday, 23:42
Shamrock

Quote:
Well, I blew out a fork seal today. So that's fun. Time to run around tomorrow getting stuff and dropping the forks off to be serviced.
If you lived near KY/TN I could have done them for a little of nothing. They are super easy.

post #8794 of 8798 Old Today, 00:28
Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumppking View Post

Jefe, you still thinking about what kind of landscaping you want done?, let me know.
I've been getting back into the gym. 4:30am MWF. Still trying to think of what I want done with landscaping stuff. I've got a good idea of things to do to start with though. I'll pay your ferry fare and some meals for a consultation meeting once the weather starts getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
Donuts + dank whoolies = a trip to MGF's casa
Plus if you hit the ferry ramps just right getting off, you can get both wheels airborne. I jumped the Burgman 400 a couple weeks ago. Got some laughs from waiting motorcyclists and some disapproving stares from the ferry workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
If you lived near KY/TN I could have done them for a little of nothing. They are super easy.
MGFChapin is going to take care of it for me. I just don't have the tools or the time for it. Trying to renovate a house at the moment. Plus it's double the cost to bring a car on the ferry as the bike, so I want to get it done ASAP.
post #8795 of 8798 Old Today, 00:44
Bmore

Garage
i do'nt know if i used this thread before, but i'm going to now more as a service log entry

so it's winter here, i figured i'd check the valves and assume they need adjustment

it was frustrating measuring the clearances as i'd have to bend my feeler gauges a rude degree. but i did it anyway

so my valves all seem to be in spec which is also suspicious for a 30,000 mile bike. i'm guessing the previous owner adjusted valves sometime before 14,000 miles... otherwise i'm completely doing the measurements wrong..

this is what i got:
exhaust 1-2-3
(0.28mm)(0.28) - (0.28)(0.30) - (0.28)(0.28)

intake
(0.10mm)(0.10) - (0.13)(0.15) - (0.13)(0.15)

i'm expecting gaps to widen with more miles, right??

while i had it exposed, i looked at the cam chain. is there evidence in these pics of case damage from the chain?

i don't think the tensioner or the guides are bad.. i do'nt think i hear any terrible chain slapping...

so i buttoned that back up. then i figured i'd replace that cracked coolant reservoir tank with one that i got from a member here months ago. that was... not fun but not too hard

and since the fairings were still off, i figured i'd finally remove the EXUP motor. well unbolting the motor was the easy part, but the cable ends were seized by rust on the valve cam. so i cut the cables there. the cable adjuster nuts were also so rusted that they're still on there. i just slid the cables out with the motor.

so now i have the motor's wires hanging around along another wire and connector that goes to where?!

well with the EXUP officially gone, i figured i should do the TuneECU deal, clear the codes and disable the EXUP. ok yeah that was easy, but i want it to run just right, i should reset the TPS... and that led into a couple hours of research and action. so the TPS voltage wasn't just right being above 0.62 volts. so how the hell do i adjust that? well, take the tank back off, take off the airbox again (oh yeah, i replaced the foam on the airbox "snorkel" too), but leave the ECU plugged all the while making sex between the headlight fuse and the fuse box (ya know, in and out, a lot)... mess with the step-up motor and bang on the TPS itself a little bit (but not in that order) so as not to have to remove the throttle bodies. to make it even more confusing, it seems like there's a miscommunication between the Diagnostics page and the Test page of TuneECU. while Diagnostic page is showing the TPS voltage at 0.65-0.67v, i can get the Test page after Adjusting ISCV to reach 0.60v and 0.72v when it asks for it by again, banging on the TPS this way and that and by adjusting the ISCV nut and fingering things here and there...

well, finally, and to my great satisfaction, a shitty initial idle smoothed out to TPS indicator going GREEN

i'm glad i didn't bolt everything thing up because i definitely have oil leaking from the valve cover gasket. it doesn't worry me 'cause i know i wasn't careful putting that back on. it's just i do'nt want to do anymore today

the pics are huge. i'm not surprised they're not showing up..

sunday ride in maryland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx7dZgrtW_E

i'm the Triumph Tiger
post #8796 of 8798 Old Today, 01:42
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Plus if you hit the ferry ramps just right getting off, you can get both wheels airborne. I jumped the Burgman 400 a couple weeks ago. Got some laughs from waiting motorcyclists and some disapproving stares from the ferry workers.
Video next time, please.
post #8797 of 8798 Old Today, 09:32
Far Canal

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, aren't ozzies catching up to us in that regard? At least the US isn't #1 anymore.
Catching up means you're still in the lead...and your question mark leads me to believe you already knew that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpusch View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I had done research for many hours before pulling the trigger, and I saw a few issues that fell along those lines. Installation issues seemed to be the problem almost every time.
I think the problems were with the old units and believe me they were not installation issues.
post #8798 of 8798 Old Today, 23:11
Phicurious86

Garage
Changed the oil and finally got my autotune unit working after replacing the sensor. Looking forward to doing some mapping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement