Triumph 675 Forums banner

Daytona is gettin' nekkid

45K views 136 replies 37 participants last post by  NewShockerGuy 
#1 ·
After downloading the TuneECU program and deleting o2 sensor, exup, and evap can, I decided it was time to mod even more.
--Got rid of the stock tag bracket /fender
--The wiring harness got chopped and relays and fuse box tucked under the tank.

that's all for now. Its gonna be a work in progress which is meant to be ridden so I've still got the stock headlights on it for the time being.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Don,

Noticed that you took the EXUP shit off... however I can't tell from your box of parts but I can see some exup parts via the backing plate to the spring but did you leave the spring on the exup valve so that it's kept in the open position? If not you will want to put the spring in place so it keeps it open rather than it spinning if it's not then my bad... just can't tell from the pic..lol

Also take that damn bracket off that used to hold the exup motor black box of death to the bike!

hahah

Looking good!

-Nigel

#4 ·
Don,

Noticed that you took the EXUP shit off... however I can't tell from your box of parts but I can see some exup parts via the backing plate to the spring but did you leave the spring on the exup valve so that it's kept in the open position? If not you will want to put the spring in place so it keeps it open rather than it spinning if it's not then my bad... just can't tell from the pic..lol

Also take that damn bracket off that used to hold the exup motor black box of death to the bike!

hahah

Looking good!

-Nigel
Thanks for looking out! I took the spring off, but put a couple of lock washers and the original nut back on the exup. you can turn it with a wrench, but it doesn't move easily. Check it everytime to make sure it stays open. Hopefully soon I will be cutting the oem collector off and installing one like Kegsdale did. With a low mount exhaust of course.
Gonna take the bracket off, soon as I find my torx bits. :cool2:

#6 ·
Thanks. I'm glad you likey

The wiring harness wasn't as difficult as anticipated. although I was hesitant to make the first cut(like standing there for ten minutes with wire cutters in hand:laugh:), just took my time and labeled every wire that was to be cut. Had to shorten some wires, had to lengthen some wires. For example, just used the wire from the exup(5 wires about 2ft each) when I had to add to the harness. Except for the headlight, which used a heavier guage wire.

#34 ·
Bought a set of STR yokes/risers/bars/cables from another member, everything but the brake line.

I'm starting to take a bunch of parts off for powdercoating.
Rims are going white. all other bare pieces are going satin black.
Need to get a drift to remove the wheel bearings. gonna pick one up today.

#36 ·
Bought a set of STR yokes/risers/bars/cables from another member, everything but the brake line.
If you are using standard Street Triple handlebars (or very similar) then you can use the front brake line from a Street Triple R. But it has to be from the the R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.