Who had a 600cc + first bike? - Page 49 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Riding Skills

Riding Skills Tips, lessons, experiences, etc. Beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Old 04-30-12, 13:44   #481
Papachristou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winder View Post
2001 Gixxer 600, bought new from dealer, one or two high sides at terribly low speeds on frozen tires, dropped it one or two times once with my lil brother on the back. Rear ended by some really young chick at a traffic light that lied and said I cut her off when I was following a friend in a 2ton Suburban. And lost the front once because I tuned my suspension to some magazines specs and lost the front on tires that were cool from breaking to hard, springs stiffened to much up front.

Learned a lot of good lessons the hard way, oh yeah and did I mention the one day I didn't put that bike in my garage it was stolen and found in newark pretty trashed. LoL that was just after I fixed if from when that chick hit me and the only time I didn't have full coverage.
wow where to start? (you might say wear) One or two high sides? it is either one or two. i think you should remember them. You claim frozen tires? i hope you mean cold tires. Since tires are not made of water, they do not freeze in that sense but they do lose grip as they get colder.

you said a lady claimed you cut her off? if she rear ended you, she should have got the ticket unless there was a witness. what does it matter if she was a young, old, chick or guy? ALL cagers can be bad drivers, not because of gender, race or age.

i just cant stop sorry, now you say you lost the front end because you set some magazine suspension specs and that your tires were too cool from braking? you do realize that braking actually warms your front tire right? you fixed it after you were hit and the time you didnt have full coverage? which is it? if she hit you, she has to pay (well, unless there was a witness that said you were riding like a squid)

anyway, get your facts straight, very little of what you said makes sense. luckily, you are a great example of why getting a 600 for your first bike isnt a good idea. your parents are lucky you didnt hurt or kill your brother.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-12, 11:38   #482
cnock

my 675 scared me at first but quicky got used to it. Now looking to get ducati 848

Old 05-05-12, 11:53   #483
Tex2k2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papachristou View Post
i just cant stop sorry, now you say you lost the front end because you set some magazine suspension specs and that your tires were too cool from braking? you do realize that braking actually warms your front tire right?
I think he means he lost the front because he was braking on cold tires, which caused the front to lock up.

Even so, the post is still a textbook example of why you should start small and be responsible most of all.

Old 05-14-12, 17:00   #484
Sevenrats

I had a Suzuki Gladius as my first bike. I was looking for a naked SV650 and couldn't find one so I got the Gladius. Nice bike to start on. Pretty quick, handled pretty good and could safely go out on the highway.

Rode that one season, put almost 5000 miles on it and traded it in for Street Triple. Same style bike but just lighter, faster, and cooler.

I would not recommend a less than the the SV650 or Ninja 650 for a responsible person with good related experience. It would have held me back. The Gladius let me do what I needed to do to learn. A 500cc bike would not.

Old 05-14-12, 18:23   #485
Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenrats View Post
The Gladius let me do what I needed to do to learn. A 500cc bike would not.
GPZ 500

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 05-14-12, 23:41   #486
RockHillDaytona675

I learned to ride on honda rebel 250. But i just bought my first bike which is a Daytona 675. Haven't had much saddle time, but from what I have done, I must say that it is fairly intimidating. But its nothing I can't handle with some slow and steady practice.

Old 05-16-12, 13:19   #487
Disrupt

D675 was my first bike and am taking it very slow. I do mostly empty street riding trying to get comfortable with sitting on it, low speed turns, stop and go traffic, stop signs, checking mirrors, signaling and u-turns. I went on the highway for the first time this past weekend around 11pm with traffic present but very low and just getting used to changing lanes, adjusting speed, and scanning. Im getting more comfortable and will probably continue doing this for a while. And Im lucky enough to have a friend to ride with me and give me input. He started on a 99 r1 and just picked up a 06 zx6rr, which is for some reason a lot easier to ride in the sense that it turns very "easy" at slow speeds or very loose feedback, which is the total opposite on my 675.

Old 05-16-12, 19:22   #488
Th3F3tusCannon

I loved my Buell Blast with its Vance and Hines exhast.. Learned a lot about noise violations with that thing..

Old 05-17-12, 11:46   #489
Neanderthal

There's a lot of guys posting here (that a 600 was their first bike) that are "young, dumb and full of cum". Just because you don't/didn't have any fear or screw up doesn't mean you did well, it means you were/are pretty damn lucky.

Last edited by Neanderthal; 05-17-12 at 11:54.

Old 05-17-12, 12:02   #490
Boz675

I learned on a 2005 SV650s. I picked it up from a dude that only put 3500 miles on her and kept it on bike stands all the time in a garage when not riding it. I absolutely loved that bike. It was easy to ride with plenty of power for a beginner.

I road my friends 2009 Kawi 250 around the block once and I have to say I did not feel safe on that thing. The acceleration was awful compared to the SV. I always heard the SV was a great beginner bike and I still believe that. I would have kept that bike for much longer if it hadn't been destroyed by someone that shouldn't have been behind the wheel of an SUV. I really miss that bike.

After that I got the Daytona. Great bike but realized the ergos just weren't for me on the road so I traded her up for a ST3R and I absolutely love this bike. I don't foresee ever getting something else. If anything I would get a used daytona and turn it into a track bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement