Triumph 675 Forums banner

Tuneboy Killer?

62K views 365 replies 81 participants last post by  old blue 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Yeah, honestly I was contemplating the TuneBoy, but what really irked me was the outrageous per-unit price for the device. I can see charging a hundred, or maybe even two, but to charge that much for the privilege just to have the cable, then to charge that much and more per bike is outrageous.

More over, I have looked at both interfaces and the TuneECU program actually seems better with fuel mapping. The color coded tables really help get a feel for what the fuel map is like without staring at numbers for hours at a time.

#10 ·
From here---http://t595n.gmxhome.de/TuneECU/install1.html

Unlocking
A key file is required to unlock connectivity to the ECU (request by email).
So if you have already unlocked your ecu with TB it should work?

Mate has a OBD 2 Cable fom his old golf r23, must try this new software out :cool:

#11 ·
I couldn't tell from the manual, but I am assuming that you can turn off the exup & intake flapper same as Tuneboy, right?

Going to order up the cable now and then I just have to find a copy of XP to partition onto my Mac...:whistle:

#14 ·
Just had a small seizure from DN's gross overuse of the smilies...:willy_nilly:

#19 ·
#20 ·
Well certainly does sound nice. Wonder if its free as "beta" testers.. then when it begins to be legit.. you find you have to pay.

Perfect for those comfortable with doing this type of stuff. For me.. i wouldnt trust a freeware to muck around my 09 Daytona.

Competition is good for the customers though. I hope this turns out to be real good alternative.

#23 ·
From what I read on the rat forum about this, most of the stock tunes by Triumph and TB have already been converted to .hex files for the TuneECU. So that might make it essentially 2 for 2, unless you have a total custom tune you want to transfer.

#25 ·
now if only i had a PC....

can you do the throttle bodies with this?

#33 ·
where do we send the email to get the tune key???

#36 ·
Here ya go. Non ECM specific, so one key works for everyone. I believe it just needs to unzip into the main program file.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.