Rearsets + Quickshifter - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 05-27-10, 11:34   #1
dmw16

Default Rearsets + Quickshifter

I was wondering if any rearsets other than the Arrows are compatible with the quickshifter?

I am thinking that rearsets will be my next purchase and I don't intended to get the quickshifter any time in the near future, but I'd like to have the option down the road.

So if it's only the Arrow rearsets that will play nice with the quickshifter than it makes my shopping easier, but if other rearsets work too that would be great.

THanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-10, 14:12   #2
tapcon
Surfer of the lear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
I was wondering if any rearsets other than the Arrows are compatible with the quickshifter?

I am thinking that rearsets will be my next purchase and I don't intended to get the quickshifter any time in the near future, but I'd like to have the option down the road.

So if it's only the Arrow rearsets that will play nice with the quickshifter than it makes my shopping easier, but if other rearsets work too that would be great.

THanks.
If you're talking about the Triumph Quickshfiter, then the answer is yes. I have Rizoma rearsets working with the Triumph Quickshifter, but I had to make a custom shift rod. I bought everything I needed from the powercommander website.

TPM: RED

2013 TRIUMPH675.NET TRACK DAYS NJMP SIGN UP

Old 08-27-10, 05:49   #3
drunkentrader

rather than starting a new thread, id thought id put some of these old ones on blast since i am landing on the via the search method..

so, for an 09+ the easiest way to have quickshift capabilities is to buy arrow rear sets and order triumphs quickshifter.. got it.

Question is:

what do us 06-08 owners do when trying to accomplish the same mods? the quickshifter i just want to have for the novelty and grin factor of it all.. the rearsets are what im really in need of, but i want to buy a set that will eventually work with a quickshifter.. would i have to buy a power commander to communicate with the quickshifter? i think i read that the non triumph quickshifters plug into a power commander?? i just want to keep it as simple as possible, plug n play.

thanks for the info!

Old 08-27-10, 07:28   #4
zxrno1

Hi
I have an 07 with the Arrow rearsets and a starlane power shifter, works great and never had an issue.

Old 08-27-10, 12:31   #5
bluedaytona02

what else with zxr?

I thought about putting in an 09+ harness and ecu so the QS was then plug n play, like swapping to the race loom and ecu.
Current: '06 Daytona 675 ('08 BEARS winning bike - Chris Panayi) White with Pitty's Custom Vinyls TTC decals STM Slipper Clutch Braking wave rotors with folding/adjustable levers GB engine covers Valter Moto Rearsets Race kit detent wheel & idle adjuster 1050 throttle tube Captive Wheel Spacers MotoGems bling Vortex clip-ons, Stomp grip 520 conversion Puig screen Madaz slip-on Intake flapper & Ex-up removed Swing-arm pivot mod. Thinner head gasket Custom tune

Old 08-27-10, 14:07   #6
racquetball fan

Can someone politely explain to me what the rearsets and quickshifters benefit and what they do

Old 08-27-10, 14:19   #7
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by racquetball fan View Post
Can someone politely explain to me what the rearsets and quickshifters benefit and what they do
Rearset (if they are adjustable) help fine tune your foot position for a more comfortable ride. A benefit for both street and track...more beneficial on track if you need to raise the pegs for higher lean angles.

A quickshifter will allow you to shift without having to blip the throttle. Not sure for downshifts if you still need to use a clutch though. The real benefit of use of this is on the track. Pointless on the street.

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Old 08-31-10, 13:57   #8
CATSNOX900

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkentrader View Post
rather than starting a new thread, id thought id put some of these old ones on blast since i am landing on the via the search method..

so, for an 09+ the easiest way to have quickshift capabilities is to buy arrow rear sets and order triumphs quickshifter.. got it.

Question is:

what do us 06-08 owners do when trying to accomplish the same mods? the quickshifter i just want to have for the novelty and grin factor of it all.. the rearsets are what im really in need of, but i want to buy a set that will eventually work with a quickshifter.. would i have to buy a power commander to communicate with the quickshifter? i think i read that the non triumph quickshifters plug into a power commander?? i just want to keep it as simple as possible, plug n play.

thanks for the info!
For us 06-08 owners there are a few options. The newest on the market is the Bazzaz Qs stand alone quick shifter that may require a custom shift rod but thats not a big deal. There are also HM quick shifters that are stand alone , and also Cordona (sp.) Do a seach for more info specifically on the Cordona as a memeber here fitted one awhile back with good results. All the above units alow you to run a quick shifter with out the need for a special ECU, they are for the most part a small electrical box that plugs into the fuel injection harness and maybe a few more plugs. The powercommander quick shifter I believe requires a powercommander piggy back ECU to run which if you are not looking to tune your fueling and run different map is not really necessary. So if you only want to run a quick shifter (plug and play) the above mentioned will do the job. Bazzaz has a good ammount of info on their site and I believe Riders Discount can sell you a module if they are off backorder. I think the Cordona is reasonably priced if my memory serves me correctly, and there is a ebay seller who seems to always have them in stock.

GSG sliders, Stomp Grips, carbon tank protector, LeoVince titanium, Attack Performance rearsets, Factory seat cowel, Gel seat, C/A smoked, Protons, Elka 3-way shock, Woodcraft crank/stator covers, LighTech chain adjusters, FP racing levers, PBI 520 sprockets, DID ERVIII chain, Galfer rear wave rotor, Attack Performance Clipons, GPRV4, Renthal Kevlar grips, Garmin Zumo450, few probolt titanium nuts/bolts. Optimal Track body work, Bazzaz Z-FiTC.

Last edited by CATSNOX900; 08-31-10 at 14:03.

Old 08-31-10, 17:11   #9
drunkentrader

^ thank ya kindly!

Old 11-03-12, 02:47   #10
eskylid

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have instructions or could tell me how to fit the arrow rear sets to a 675R? The instructions I got with the rear sets I bought don't explain what to do with the quick shifter.

Also can anyone tell me how the hell to get the ball joints back together, i managed to remove the metal clip that holds them together but now I cant put it back on :(.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement