HM / T3 Race Dash - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 12-06-09, 13:56   #1
The Controller

Default HM / T3 Race Dash

I saw these advertised by T3 Racing a while back and was sorely tempted....but I managed to resist because I was unsure of reliability etc... Until now!
Whilst I was at the UK Bike Show I found out that the force behind, indeed the development is none other than Gareth Hopkins of HM Quickshifters. Well as you may know I am a big fan of my HM Quickshifter and Gareth has been a 'good old egg' in his support for that product... So now I have plumped for the race dash. I know it wont make me any faster and it is really a bit of 'bling' for me but ooooohh it is nice, well made and works a treat. Gareth really stands by his products so I have no worries about support for this extravagance!
Apparently no other race dash works with the D 675 on its own. Take the dash away and it just doesn't run. Gareth informs me that Glen Richard's race bike had a standard dash taped underneath the race one for his BSS race bike.
Gareth informs me he is still updating software for improved functions so watch this space!

This pic is the unit in 'Race Mode 1'

This is Road mode 1

I've yet to see what all the facilities are like on the road and the weather is rubbish here in blighty at the moment so I'll wait for a clear day or two.
Graphite Grey '06 675. Ohlins rear shock, Matris Fork internals, Full ZARD Exhaust, HID Lights, Hyperpro Damper, TuneBoy, GB and R&G Crash protection, Pazzo Levers, HM Quickshifter, HM Race Dash,Watsen Indictors, Triumph Alloy Brake reseroirs, Black Gilles Rear sets, Carbon, carbon everywhere........I love it!

Last edited by The Controller; 12-06-09 at 14:06.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-09, 14:13   #2
faheygf87

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Controller View Post
I saw these advertised by T3 Racing a while back and was sorely tempted....but I managed to resist because I was unsure of reliability etc... Until now!
Whilst I was at the UK Bike Show I found out that the force behind, indeed the development is none other than Gareth Hopkins of HM Quickshifters. Well as you may know I am a big fan of my HM Quickshifter and Gareth has been a 'good old egg' in his support for that product... So now I have plumped for the race dash. I know it wont make me any faster and it is really a bit of 'bling' for me but ooooohh it is nice, well made and works a treat. Gareth really stands by his products so I have no worries about support for this extravagance!
Apparently no other race dash works with the D 675 on its own. Take the dash away and it just doesn't run. Gareth informs me that Glen Richard's race bike had a standard dash taped underneath the race one for his BSS race bike.
Gareth informs me he is still updating software for improved functions so watch this space!

This pic is the unit in 'Race Mode 1'

This is Road mode 1

I've yet to see what all the facilities are like on the road and the weather is rubbish here in blighty at the moment so I'll wait for a clear day or two.
MMM pretty, the only thing i don't like about it is the Tach. I've never liked the horizontal digital tach. Just my opinion

07 Graphite D675:
Full Ti Remus exhaust, Full Arrow/Remus Hybrid tune, Rizoma Sportlines/Bar ends/ Fluid Tanks, ASV Shorty Levers, CF Infill Panels, CF tank pad, CF heat shield, CF Front fender, CF lower chain guard, CA integrated light, Watsens 10LED front indicator, Gel Seats front and back, CW fender eliminator.

Old 12-06-09, 14:57   #3
PR_Rider

Nice!
What all is required to install this mod? Is it just plug and play?

Old 12-06-09, 15:37   #4
The Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR_Rider View Post
Nice!
What all is required to install this mod? Is it just plug and play?
It only took about 30 mins to install and by far the majority of that was because I wasn't quite sure how the dash was mounted .
Get the old dash off and plug this one in it's place. Obviously using the same connector. It couldn't be simpler.
A nice thing abou tit is if you ever change the bike it will be possible to buy a different backing plate / connector and it can be transfered to your new machine...........that is if you ever decide to sell your 675!!!
HM have a sole distribution for the 675 version with T3 racing so I had to go via Tony Scott's company but I will deal with Gareth if I need any technical support.
Graphite Grey '06 675. Ohlins rear shock, Matris Fork internals, Full ZARD Exhaust, HID Lights, Hyperpro Damper, TuneBoy, GB and R&G Crash protection, Pazzo Levers, HM Quickshifter, HM Race Dash,Watsen Indictors, Triumph Alloy Brake reseroirs, Black Gilles Rear sets, Carbon, carbon everywhere........I love it!

Old 12-06-09, 18:59   #5
TripleThreat
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to TripleThreat Send a message via Yahoo to TripleThreat Send a message via Skype™ to TripleThreat

Looks awesome! Would love to have one on my track bike...
NESBA "A" #719
STT "A" #719

On the Road Less Traveled...

...You Always Meet More Interesting People!

***NOTE: Special Thanks to ShnikeJSB for the kick ass Avitar - Josh, You Rock!***

Old 12-06-09, 20:26   #6
chayes675

very sexy

Old 12-07-09, 23:19   #7
lukemillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
Looks awesome! Would love to have one on my track bike...
Maybe, if it had anything useful on it like a GPS timer or any kind of data acquisition, but it just seems like a lot of money for something that doesn't do a lot more than what the stock dash does!

Old 12-08-09, 14:41   #8
antirich

Holly crap that's a massive gear indicator. The only think more obvious is if a hand came out and slapped the rider.

But seriously, that's an awesome dash. If only they would ship them to the US for free.

CCS#696

http://www.dragonflyinteractive.com

Old 12-08-09, 17:13   #9
The Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Maybe, if it had anything useful on it like a GPS timer or any kind of data acquisition, but it just seems like a lot of money for something that doesn't do a lot more than what the stock dash does!
You're right Luke, it would be an awful lot of cash if all it did was as stock.
However, the dash was developed primarily for race use in the T3 racing series so it records lap times etc. There is a 'track side' beacon that can be purchased seperately for use at your favourite tracks although most track days here in the UK don't sanction them......
Here is the blurb from the HM site:

'HM have spent the last two years designing and developing the next generation dash. The design criteria was simple:
  • The dash must use the original connector - no cutting, splicing or extra looms
  • It must fit on the original mountings with no modification
  • It must communicate with the ECU so that all fault codes are shown and logged
  • It must provide functionality far and beyond the original dash
  • It must be portable between different Makes and models
  • Above all, it must be simple to use
    We at HM have met all of these criteria and more. The new HMDASH uses a graphical LCD with a powerful blue backlight to provide all of the information in a tailored way. The list of features and functions is long, but a quick overview follows:
    DISPLAY MODES: At the press of a button the display changes from a choice of:
  • Road Modes
  • Track Modes
  • Lap Timer Modes
  • Qualifying Modes
  • Diagnostics
    BUILT IN LAPTIMER: A very high specification lap timer is build-in, and the standard dash uses the main beam switch to trigger a new lap. You can record any number of sessions and laps within those sessions. However optional upgrades include an infrared Beacon, Magnetic strip and GPS.
    ECU COMMUNICATION: The DASH communicates with the ECU to track and log all ECU faults and not only is the fault code logged, but the explanation of the fault is provided in a choice of five different languages. This provides significantly more fault diagnostics than the standard dash. For example, even intermittent faults are logged and displayed.
    SIMPLE CONFIGURATION: The DASH includes many configurable features such as RPM, Programmable Shift Lights and Advanced FUEL management system that gives you total litres in the tank as well as litres required to fill. Another feature is the gearing setup, where the front and/or rear sprocket sizes can be changed and the speed, ODO etc will automatically adjust correctly.
    PORTABILITY: The DASH is the same for all applications, simply change the backplate to change between bikes and then a quick download from our website will update the HMDASH to the right software.
    MACHINES AVAILABLE: All model years for Honda CBR600RR and CBR1000RR, all Suzuki GSX-R 600/750/1000 K1 onwards with the exception of the GSX-R1000K9, Triumph Daytona 675, Yamaha R1 2007 onwards'.
That all said I can't justify it for the odd days I spend at the races but I just loved the bling haha....

Last edited by The Controller; 12-08-09 at 17:48.

Old 12-08-09, 17:18   #10
The Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirich View Post
Holly crap that's a massive gear indicator. The only think more obvious is if a hand came out and slapped the rider.

But seriously, that's an awesome dash. If only they would ship them to the US for free.
It is on the large size isn't it. .........not quite sure where the idea to have it like that came from. I assume there was some feedback from the 675 series...... I'll ask Tony (T3) or Gareth (HM) when I remember to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement