The Definitive 675 Charging Diagnostic/Upgrade Thread - Page 98 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #971 of 973 Old 03-25-17, 11:34
Bmore

Garage
i was asking them about their process because i have a busted stator that i want to rewind, and then they wanted me to apply for a job. but i do'nt want to move to new hampsire or vermont or connecticut or wherever they are. i'll see them again this year so i can do some in-depth investigation for all interested

anyway, what i plan on doing according to a video i saw, is throw my old stator in a fire after removing all the wiring. the fire cooks off the resin. then i think you need to recoat it with something, then wind again with new enameled copper wire of correct gauge and number of turns. seems easy?

how to mount your fairings while high (very slowly with errors)https://youtu.be/OQbHxDPLkPM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #972 of 973 Old 03-31-17, 23:28
tucandaman

multiple stators

I just had my second stator failure in a little over two months. After the first time, I replaced both the stator with one from RMStator, a new FH008 regulator, and a new battery. Bike started off great with my multi meter reading 14+ volts. Then when I was out riding, I had the same symptoms as the first failure: watched the volt meter slowly dip, dash lights come on and the bike dies, when you go to start it it does the gauge sweep and reset to no avail. After my second failure I replaced the connectors from the regulator to the battery with the MetriPack 280 and wired in a 30 amp fuse on the positive wire.

I did all of the testing in this thread and everything came back fine, except for the AC volt reading from the stator, two of the pin combinations came back around 17-18 volts, and the third came back at only 3 volts. When I tested from the stator to the ground I did not get any reading at all.

Any ideas on what's causing me to go through stators so quickly?
post #973 of 973 Old 04-01-17, 00:42
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
It's just the failure rate with aftermarket stators. Buy an oem one. Yes they can fail (typically caused by a bad regulator and or low oil levels) but the failure rate is orders of magnitude lower than any aftermarket unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement