Triumph Fault Codes DTC - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > Repair/Troubleshooting

Old 06-18-06, 07:10   #1
qzrlsd

Default Triumph Fault Codes DTC

Does anyone know if the workshop manual contains the fault codes for the 675?

I've just had the RAC out to my bike this morning because the engine management light came on :cry: They found the fault code of P1080.

I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow but just wanted to know if anyone had a list?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-06, 07:16   #2
undii

Send a message via ICQ to undii Send a message via MSN to undii

yup, P1080 is "possible cause = cable or mechanism fault" proceed to pinpoint test 5.

Check adjustment of cables is within specification. Disconnect cables and check that the cables are free to slide through the cable outer (see a page for pic)

Using a suitable tool check that the exhaust control valve can be rotated manually.

Forgot to say, this error is from Exhaust Butterfly Valve (EXBV) Motor

Old 06-18-06, 07:18   #3
qzrlsd

Thanks undii :D

Old 06-18-06, 14:34   #4
undii

Send a message via ICQ to undii Send a message via MSN to undii

No problems! :) Always here to help if I can :D

Old 06-08-11, 10:14   #5
Lion

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion

My Daytona is showing a DTC fault code of P0352. The generic code listed in the manual for the diagnostic tool I used says that this code means "Ignition coil B primary / secondary circuit malfunction." Is this the same for the Daytona specifically and if so what does that mean? Is this a simple replacement or am I in for a trip to the delaership?

Is there a list of codes specific to the triumph Daytona 675 that I can access, copy, save or that someone can send me? I skimmed thru the service manual but didn't see anything.

A little history, on a recent ride I was blasting up a road doing a rather high rate of speed. Let's just say hypothetically I was on a closed road on private property with permission. 138 mph in 5th gear and as I shifted into 6th gear something went wrong. The bike started to deaccelerate and the rpm dropped rapidly. The bike felt as tho some sort of seal had been broken or pressure lost. The bike sounded like a beat up V-twin and wouldn't accelerate quickly. After that the bike struggled to get above 90 mph and rpm above 8k. There are no physical signs of a problem aside from the check engine light, the sound and performance of the bike.
www.sportbikesincmag.com

Last edited by Lion; 06-08-11 at 10:15. Reason: forgot something...

Old 06-08-11, 10:22   #6
williamr

Sounds like the coil for the middle cylinder has failed. That ties in with your other symptoms as well. May be just a loose connection, but try swapping it with one of the other coils and see if the fault code moves with that coil. If it does, you need a new one.

Rob

Old 06-08-11, 10:48   #7
Lion

How accessible is this part on the bike? Or better yet do you know what page in the manual this is on so I can reference it?
www.sportbikesincmag.com

Old 06-08-11, 16:37   #8
JChandler

Send a message via AIM to JChandler

yup, I believe the codes are the same. They created this system for uniformity across all manufacturers.

The code also goes along with your "v-twin sound" symptom. You're running on 2 cylinders.

Old 06-08-11, 16:40   #9
Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChandler View Post
yup, I believe the codes are the same. They created this system for uniformity across all manufacturers.

The code also goes along with your "v-twin sound" symptom. You're running on 2 cylinders.

Thanks guys (both this and the "what did you do to your bike today" thread). I am gonna have to replacethe coil I suppose. I have found all three for sale on ebay ranging from $14 to $85. Where on the bike are these coils located and how do I access them for replacement?
www.sportbikesincmag.com

Old 06-09-11, 09:51   #10
williamr

You need to remove the fuel tank and air filter. You'll see the tops of the three coils below that in a line. It's probably the middle one that's faulty. Disconnect the electrical connector and just pull the coil out.

When you replace it, make sure that it's pushed firmly down on to the spark plug.

I'm slightly concerned that if you don't know that the coils are located in the top of the cylinder head below the tank you might have trouble removing the tank. Be careful of the securing clip for the fuel line.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement