Any need for custom 675 bike parts? particularily "Race Railz" - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 11-28-08, 01:10   #1
Graham M.

Default Any need for custom 675 bike parts? particularily "Race Railz"

Hey guys, just wondering of how much interest there would be for a local company to start building cages/protection bars for our bikes. There are a LOT of bikes out there that have very limited aftermarket part availability, outs seems to fall in that category unfortunately.
A good friend of mine owns a metal working fab shop that is looking to expand the services they offer, so I suggested making these cages for our bikes.
He's quite interested, but was wondering of how much interest there would be... and what you guys expect. Towards price & colors (etc).

Also, what else other then cages would you guys want, thats not offered by other companies, or at least is stupidly expensive & of poor quality, where as he could build a better product?

They will basically be along the lines of race railz.
Were in the design phase currently, basically were after very good looking yet extremely functional units, for both Track nut/racer, stunters alike and everyday riders as well.

Let me know what you guys think, towards these custom "race railz" type caging systems, and other parts you guys would want, that other people either AREN'T making, or are making of very poor quality/high price VS. value.
Basically, this is a feeler thread, that if given enough interest, we'll start building them for the 675, and other Triumph (sport) bikes. From there, we'll become sponsers on 675.net and offer discounts to you guys/our friends on this forum.

Also, custom machined triple trees/yolks are quite a possibility. Amongst many other possibilities.
________
PrettySonya

Last edited by Graham M.; 08-11-11 at 14:50.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-08, 01:23   #2
canyondancer

Actually you should call them Squid rails....because only a squid would ride around with a metal cage around his bike. Hey....look at me......i'm a stunter yo!

Last edited by canyondancer; 11-28-08 at 04:36.

Old 11-28-08, 01:38   #3
DieselDan
BOTM Winner

i would imagine this would be a good idea on other forums but most of the members here do not "stunt" enuff to go that route.

Old 11-28-08, 02:21   #4
Graham M.

I dont know why race rails are connotated to stunters...
I'd be quite happy to have a set for track use too.
Regardless of their useage, what do you guys think?
________
GoldenBlond

Old 11-28-08, 03:07   #5
canyondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M. View Post
Dude..they aren't race rails. They are stunt cages. Read post #2 and #3. You'd be better off trying to sell those on the stunter forums.

Old 11-28-08, 03:36   #6
faheygf87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDan View Post
i would imagine this would be a good idea on other forums but most of the members here do not "stunt" enuff to go that route.
True, my buddy that has a gsxr600 is getting into that stunting stuff and it annoys the hell out of me. All he does is goes like 20mph and tries to clutch the front up. Damn, your bike is meant to go around corners to you know. I doubt many 675 riders would get a cage.

07 Graphite D675:
Full Ti Remus exhaust, Full Arrow/Remus Hybrid tune, Rizoma Sportlines/Bar ends/ Fluid Tanks, ASV Shorty Levers, CF Infill Panels, CF tank pad, CF heat shield, CF Front fender, CF lower chain guard, CA integrated light, Watsens 10LED front indicator, Gel Seats front and back, CW fender eliminator.

Old 11-28-08, 04:14   #7
TZRaceR6
TTC 2009 or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M. View Post
And I don't believe your "race railz" are legal for any road racing.

I think you want to check out the "yo yo yo Stunta Extreme" forums. You know the places where they take a hammer to the top of their gas tank, put fur all over their plastics, etc...

My Website: www.3knucklesracing.com

Old 11-28-08, 04:17   #8
DieselDan
BOTM Winner

lol at fur on fairings

Old 11-28-08, 13:14   #9
Graham M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZRaceR6 View Post
And I don't believe your "race railz" are legal for any road racing.
fair enough. Would there be any other machined/fabricated parts not currently available for these bikes? I was thinking the top clamp/yoke... but like I say, any input would be appreciated.
________
CAMS SEXY

Old 11-28-08, 14:08   #10
A.pArKs
BOTM Winner

Send a message via ICQ to A.pArKs Send a message via AIM to A.pArKs

damn dont have to flame the dude he is just trying to offer a product. and race rails arent a stunta cage two totally different things. and while i havent seen racers with race rails (most dont even use sliders) i have seen them on track bikes and aggressive street riders. while there might not be a demand for them for our bike he is just trying to offer a service and gets ripped on.

what about like shark fins, mirror block offs bar ends that type of stuff can he do that?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement