Tiger cylinders(debunked) on a 13 Daytona R and race kit type mods... - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 16 Old 05-20-17, 12:15 Thread Starter
Aglareinmyeyes
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Ok, I've got that covered. I'm going to either pick up a set of Hindle headers or have my fabrication guy make a set for me. The tune is easy, have a friend's for that as well.

What else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 05-20-17, 12:18 Thread Starter
Aglareinmyeyes

I can do that.
What else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Cheapest is a race header and a tune. Beyond that it's the same for any bike head work and increased compression.
post #13 of 16 Old 05-20-17, 15:35
MGFChapin

Garage
So here's the deal - you can get a bunch of moderately-priced mods and end up spending a bunch of money, or you can get a full Akrapovic exhaust, a PCV and a tune and get the same result. The Akra will net you around 5 hp more than what you have planned. They key, especially with these bikes, is trying to stay as stock as possible to maintain reliability.

Not a performance mod but necessary for reliability, you'll also need an updated shift pivot plate and a Sato shift spindle holder.

post #14 of 16 Old 05-22-17, 10:17 Thread Starter
Aglareinmyeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Cheapest is a race header and a tune. Beyond that it's the same for any bike head work and increased compression.
Showing my newbie colors here...what do you do to the heads? Is that where "port and polish" comes in? And what is done to increase compression?
post #15 of 16 Old Today, 02:29
DarkHorse675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglareinmyeyes View Post
Ok, I've got that covered. I'm going to either pick up a set of Hindle headers or have my fabrication guy make a set for me. The tune is easy, have a friend's for that as well.

What else?
You know the ECU isn't accessible right? So you'll need a PC/Bazzaz etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglareinmyeyes View Post
Showing my newbie colors here...what do you do to the heads? Is that where "port and polish" comes in? And what is done to increase compression?
Getting into serious internal work now... hope you've got a mate or a healthy budget.

Heads - valve springs/shims, cam grinding/replacement
Compression - usually skimming the head or thinner headgasket, otherwise getting a bigger bang through more fuel/air.

Do some research on the Triumph race kit parts. Probably the simplest way to get more power out of the motor as it's already been figured out and engineered.

You only live once, but live right and once is enough.
post #16 of 16 Old Today, 02:41 Thread Starter
Aglareinmyeyes

No ECU access? Is that a 13+ thing? Who exactly do they think they are? Aprilia?

Well its a good thing I ordered up the Bazzaz system with auto mapping yesterday.

I feel far less guilty about the expenditure now.

...and yes...I was going through the info on the Triumph race kit just the other day. It made me feel all tingly down there. Might need to talk to some Triumph mechanics and see what kind of labor I'm looking at.

Thanks for the info!

Anyone have leads on Los Angeles or Orange County mechanics that specialize in Triumph? I'd prefer to not use a dealer or bigger shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement