Hood Jeans K7 Review (not tested thankfully) - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #11 of 15 Old 04-11-17, 17:28
typeo

I bought a pair of the K7 jeans some years back now. I'm still using them and the armour on the knees has worn a slight hole on the outside of the knee where the denim creases. Taking into consideration that during the biking weather here in the UK I use these daily and their age this is an observation rather than complaint. Certainly far better quality than the Red Route jeans I had before.

Positives:
* Customer Service
* Quality
* Kevlar coverage seems to cover more than the majority of jeans (available here in the UK)
* Armour is generous compared to other jeans (available in UK) and in the places you'd need it

Negatives
* The blue dye fades, noticeable after one wash
* I'm 6ft 3in and skinny, the jeans are baggy and certainly not "fitted"
* They are heavy compared with normal jeans and more so than the Red Route jeans I had before. They are warm in summer use, and possibly a bit heavy to wear all day. For this reason and the previous point I still end up changing out of them

The pair I have the waist measurement appears to have been overly generous. The leg length was spot on. Make sure when measuring up that you allow for your knee to be bent as when you are on the bike, otherwise if they are short the jeans will pull up your leg above your boot and end up annoying you. They have fit over my Gaerne and Aplinestars SMX6 boots fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 04-13-17, 21:00
SV650sWanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeo View Post
I bought a pair of the K7 jeans some years back now. I'm still using them and the armour on the knees has worn a slight hole on the outside of the knee where the denim creases. Taking into consideration that during the biking weather here in the UK I use these daily and their age this is an observation rather than complaint. Certainly far better quality than the Red Route jeans I had before.

Positives:
* Customer Service
* Quality
* Kevlar coverage seems to cover more than the majority of jeans (available here in the UK)
* Armour is generous compared to other jeans (available in UK) and in the places you'd need it

Negatives
* The blue dye fades, noticeable after one wash
* I'm 6ft 3in and skinny, the jeans are baggy and certainly not "fitted"
* They are heavy compared with normal jeans and more so than the Red Route jeans I had before. They are warm in summer use, and possibly a bit heavy to wear all day. For this reason and the previous point I still end up changing out of them

The pair I have the waist measurement appears to have been overly generous. The leg length was spot on. Make sure when measuring up that you allow for your knee to be bent as when you are on the bike, otherwise if they are short the jeans will pull up your leg above your boot and end up annoying you. They have fit over my Gaerne and Aplinestars SMX6 boots fine.
Thanks for the input, I have Gaerne GP-1 boots and the top of the boot is fairly wide, at least to me, so being able to easily fit the jean over the boot without causing the denim to stretch overtime is something I was concerned about.

You mention the fit is baggy and loose, is that throughout the jean or just towards the leg openings?

OP, what do you think about the fit?
post #13 of 15 Old 04-15-17, 19:12 Thread Starter
Italianbuca
Threadstarter Threadstarter

the fit is true to size at the waist and crotch, legs fit like a straight leg but slightly loose, even all the way down. I wouldn't say that they are baggy though or overly loose.

at the boots they are a little snug to go over the top of my boots, but they do fit over without much effort and don't show as being snug over the boot. just that initial pull over the top of the boot is snug pulling the pant leg down

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2011 D675 Special Edition

post #14 of 15 Old 04-17-17, 22:27

I know you don't want to hear this, but me like most, would rather hear the "after crash" review, since that is the most important thing
post #15 of 15 Old 04-18-17, 08:02
typeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650sWanted View Post
Thanks for the input, I have Gaerne GP-1 boots and the top of the boot is fairly wide, at least to me, so being able to easily fit the jean over the boot without causing the denim to stretch overtime is something I was concerned about.

You mention the fit is baggy and loose, is that throughout the jean or just towards the leg openings?

OP, what do you think about the fit?
The Gaerne boots I have are an old set and look like they are a lot slimmer than the ones you have. they are fine with my Aplinestars SMX-6 though which will be closer to the Gaerne setup. They are a baggy fit throughout on me, that's just my build though as I'm skinny like a beanpole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement