APE Cam tensioner gone wrong - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #41 of 47 Old 04-11-17, 23:41
bluedaytona02

If u can lengthen the wires (for 06-08) then I think alongside the air intake is a popular location as the 09+ originally mounted behind the right indicator.
Otherwise, under the battery tray on the opposite side to the exhaust is an option for 06-08 bikes without lengthening the wires.

When the 06-08 are replaced under warranty, I believe they still mount them in the original location between the shock and engine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Current: '06 Daytona 675 ('08 BEARS winning bike - Chris Panayi) White with Pitty's Custom Vinyls TTC decals STM Slipper Clutch Braking wave rotors with folding/adjustable levers GB engine covers Valter Moto Rearsets Race kit detent wheel & idle adjuster 1050 throttle tube Captive Wheel Spacers MotoGems bling Vortex clip-ons, Stomp grip 520 conversion Puig screen Madaz slip-on Intake flapper & Ex-up removed Swing-arm pivot mod. Thinner head gasket Custom tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 Old 04-12-17, 01:26
MGFChapin

Garage
The R/R with a 13+ race harness is intended to mount in the tail. I preferred it up front, so I just unraveled the tape on the harness and there was plenty of wire to reroute. Now it's on a GB frame slider bracket. Solid as.

post #43 of 47 Old 04-12-17, 02:50
thePridge

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011010 View Post
So by way of an update, New motor is in and running sweet! There were a few hiccups along the way but looking like Ill be able to make it to the track in another weeks time.

Ive also got a slipper in the mail which should be a nice update, and as I was flushing my coolant I found my RR was running very hot. The cables to it are all stiff and blackened as well, so off that goes and time for a Mosfet. Im thinking of sticking it under the battery tray. But I am not a massive fan of what it does to the silhouette, anyone got any better ideas?
You could always mount it like I did:

post #44 of 47 Old 04-13-17, 08:27
mpusch

Fantastic, this is my chance to once again show where the PREVIOUS owner of my bike relocated it.

post #45 of 47 Old 04-13-17, 09:10
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
While that does ensure airflow it's a horrible place for engine performance.
post #46 of 47 Old 04-13-17, 11:52
Plasmablaster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
While that does ensure airflow it's a horrible place for engine performance.
Are you referring to the heating of the intake air or the compromise of the function of the resonance chamber that the airbox serves as at higher RPMs (to slightly over-fill the cylinders)?

If you are referring to the former I'd agree and if you are referring to the latter the resonance chamber might actually be between the velocity stacks and the air filter and might not include the space above it (where this R/R is). Would be very interesting to learn.

Gotta admit this was a resourceful thought no matter what though :)

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched their c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like... tears in rain. Time to die."

Roy Batty, Blade Runner.
post #47 of 47 Old 04-13-17, 12:50
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
Heat output in the air box will hurt more than the reduced volume.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement