tp555

The Following User Says Thank You to tp555 For This Useful Post:
Circa58 (02-07-17)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-04-17, 13:25
IronCactus

Garage
That was crazy! Nice high speed tour of the city, suburbs and farmland. That cop is crazier than the idiots he's chasing.

2014 675R
post #3 of 9 Old 02-04-17, 13:54
675GP

LOL, at 8:50-9:00 this genius bounces it off the rev limiter in every gear! Its called shifting buddy.

Is the guy running 2 up??

Is the cop riding a scooter? How does he keep hitting the rev limiter at such low speeds??? This cruiser is absolutely walking him.

Last edited by 675GP; 02-04-17 at 14:02.

post #4 of 9 Old 02-04-17, 18:22
Benisuzume

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 675GP View Post
LOL, at 8:50-9:00 this genius bounces it off the rev limiter in every gear! Its called shifting buddy.

Is the guy running 2 up??
Yeah, that idiot had a passenger doing all that :/ I mean that just puts the irresponsible cherry on top of the f-wit sundae. I lost count of how many times he almost dumped it before he finally lost it on what appeared to be a dirt road. I know that's where I'd run from a bike cop that had successfully stayed with me at speed for half an hour...on my super-nimble-V-Twin-whatever with saddlebags (for aerodynamics I assume) and a passenger who I'm sure appreciated being abandoned after being thrown off the back (thank Craig on dirt and grass, though it looked like they got chucked pretty far judging from where they ended up in relation to the bike).

Also, yeah, I think that cop was on the CBR 250 I took my license test on...I'm surprised the poor little thing didn't blow up the way he kept that rev limiter engaged :( Cops in my state (North Carolina) are starting to ride those big Kawasaki Contours 14's, and even they usually don't pursue motorcycles anymore if they flee, due to the high number of fatalities it's caused (unless you've robbed a bank with an AK or something of course). Though the obvious result of that is that people just take their license plate off and ride it like a bat out of hell and never look back for blue lights. I even know someone that plasti-dips his fairing first so he can quickly change the color if necessary. Needless to say we don't have a good track close by, and the Dragon's Tail and Blue Ridge Parkway don't count.

Fun video. I think I'll still be pulling over next time, passenger or not. The ticket is still less than my insurance deductible...

post #5 of 9 Old 03-03-17, 19:21
vintagespeed

GR is losing his edge...
post #6 of 9 Old 03-04-17, 03:33
chuckjl

Garage
From reddit, gmap of chase and stats

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GI...kY&usp=sharing

Chase length: 18.4 miles / 29.6 km and lasts 18 minutes, so average speed is 61 mph (99 km/h)
post #7 of 9 Old 03-04-17, 10:47
Mr.Alex

I am genuinely curious what the guy must have been thinking as the chase progressed without the cop letting up. The bike cop was probably waiting all his life for a chase like this, although the odds of him getting injured were just as high as the guy running.

Anyone know the charges? If you go back a tiny bit the guy passes him on the freeway, only later does he try to catch up.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-07-17, 16:09
hap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckjl View Post
From reddit, gmap of chase and stats

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GI...kY&usp=sharing

Chase length: 18.4 miles / 29.6 km and lasts 18 minutes, so average speed is 61 mph (99 km/h)
61 mph? more like a low speed chase: a 250 vs scooter vs 2-up cruiser. The Finnish goast-rider vids are scary. This one, i dont know if its more stupid than lame
post #9 of 9 Old 03-07-17, 18:47
Allworld

I saw that awhile back, it really has no start, and no ending......... and the plot is a mystery......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement