Giamoto Rearsets Red/Titanium - Beautiful - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 15 Old 01-23-17, 00:03
SingR

What a nice looking set, and beautiful bike.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskidmor View Post
So I finally got them installed along with a new red Triumph lever on the shifter side.

These things are a double awesome - first they look great, second it's like having a short throw shifter on a car. I probably wear SIDI race boots 99% of the time while riding and it's literally a quick flip of foot and it shifts quickly and nicely in to the next gear. I'm in love!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 01-23-17, 05:54
Throwdown

Where do you get these and how much do they cost? Can you get a GP shift option?
post #13 of 15 Old 01-24-17, 07:30
Pergrem

Giamoto Rearsets Red/Titanium - Beautiful

Don't know about the OP, but usually these are bought direct.

www.giamotousa.com

They have another website for the EU guys.

Simon is the guy you need to talk to. He's a stand up guy. Just tell him what you want and he will fix you up. They can be bought in either GP shift lever or standard shift lever.

Also there is no need to ziptie your stock rear brake sensor like on many rearsets or install a pressure sensor. These rearsets come with the mounting bracket.

EDIT: the link doesn't work unless it's in a separate browser for some odd reason....

---------------------------------

2014 Triumph Daytona 675R 2/22/14 - 8/22/15

2016 Aprilia RSV4 RR 8/29/15 - ???

2006 Honda CBR 600RR Track Only 1/02/16 - ???

2014 Triumph Daytona 675R

post #14 of 15 Old 01-25-17, 13:55 Thread Starter
gskidmor
Threadstarter Threadstarter

That is the site I bought them through and Simon was the guy I worked with!
post #15 of 15 Old 01-25-17, 21:33 Thread Starter
gskidmor
Threadstarter Threadstarter

So...I think these rearsets saved me from a big crash today on the 405 South (I commute daily between the LA area and Irvine).

My post within performance mods was deleted, so I'll just put it here. As these rearsets are adjustable, I've been able to adjust them such they're super convenient and easier to use. I have the rear brake setup so that I don't have to keep my right foot "up" like with the stock configuration - I can have it sitting in a neutral position just above the lever!

Anyways, I'm lane splitting (legal in Cali), but maybe going a bit faster than I should be (as in the recommendation is only 15MPH faster than the surrounding traffic, but as surrounding traffic was going maybe 10, I was going about 40). Anyways, most of the cars are bumper to bumper, it's generally safer as they have no place to go, but in the car-pool lane there was an opening and an Audi SUV cut over the double solid yellow with only one person in the vehicle so close to me I had to "slam" on the brakes...as luck would have it, my right foot resting just above the rear brake lever was the first to go down with my right hand afterwards. I was less than a foot away from rear-ending the Audi and I'm positive it was the instant rear-brake action that saved me! (hence the reason I posted about these in the performance mods section - their adjustability has made shifting faster and braking faster and easier).

So Thank-you Giamoto (or really any adjustable rear-set, but these just look nicer than most;-)

Now, the adrenaline rush was awesome after not crashing!! Despite being more than old enough to know better, I felt a bit invincible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement