2017 Street Triple 765 models ? - Page 17 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #161 of 170 Old 03-15-17, 15:49
thousandwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phicurious86 View Post
Not sure I've seen the posted anywhere else yet. Makes the R model look a bit more tempting compared to the kind of janky RS curves. Though for sure reason the R torque curve cuts out at 8k rpm in this pic.

I completely agree. If I would be in the market for a new Street Triple 765 I would get the R no doubt about it, and the power/torque graph you posted is only one of the reasons (albeit an important one).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 170 Old 03-15-17, 16:00
Neanderthal

Garage
^ Agree as well. That's sort of surprising to see the RS curve dip in so many places. I could understand one, maybe two dips, but that graph is weird.
post #163 of 170 Old 03-15-17, 16:48
Phicurious86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
^ Agree as well. That's sort of surprising to see the RS curve dip in so many places. I could understand one, maybe two dips, but that graph is weird.
I haven't seen the graph anywhere else, so take it with a grain of salt.

I already put down a deposit given all the glowing reviews of the RS, but if the graph is accurate....

I mean some fueling plus a dyno would likely smooth those dips for the RS, but the same fueling plus dyno could probably make up near the 5hp that the rs has on the R.

Guess I'll just have to wait for some butt time and crunch the numbers on upgrading the R calipers to the M50s.

post #164 of 170 Old 03-15-17, 17:09
ssbfgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thousandwords View Post
I completely agree. If I would be in the market for a new Street Triple 765 I would get the R no doubt about it, and the power/torque graph you posted is only one of the reasons (albeit an important one).

Why would you get the R? Sure the RS may have some ups and downs, but the R has zero torque past 8k RPM's...like literally goose egg.

At least best I can tell from the picture.
The Following User Says Thank You to ssbfgc For This Useful Post:
Gzblack2 (03-15-17)
post #165 of 170 Old 03-15-17, 17:54
jgomez5366

So is this motorcycle worth upgrading from 14' R -->RS? I normally ride with the wife in the back. Think those extra 15 ponney help?

Hoboken NJ

Street Triple R 14'
Daytona 675R 14'
Daytona 675 11'
post #166 of 170 Old 03-15-17, 18:41
Water pig

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgomez5366 View Post
So is this motorcycle worth upgrading from 14' R -->RS? I normally ride with the wife in the back. Think those extra 15 ponney help?
Ive never heard anyone ever say "yeah love my bike, just wish it had a bit less horsepower ". Power is addictive a little bit more is always what's good

Losers never try
Winners never stop trying
How much effort did you really put in
The Following User Says Thank You to Water pig For This Useful Post:
jgomez5366 (03-15-17)
post #167 of 170 Old 03-15-17, 20:45
windyrun

Garage
Here's an informative and entertaining review from 44 teeth. in it he mentions the rs does have a strong bump in power at around 8k (says it reminds him of the vtec surge in a vfr )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QOLcCywP-g

Last edited by windyrun; 03-15-17 at 21:09.
post #168 of 170 Old 03-15-17, 23:01
Phicurious86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by windyrun View Post
Here's an informative and entertaining review from 44 teeth. in it he mentions the rs does have a strong bump in power at around 8k (says it reminds him of the vtec surge in a vfr )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QOLcCywP-g
Most sources from that first test said something similar. That the bike felt like a super sport with respect to a noticeable jump in power as you got into the higher rpms. You can see that in the graph at both 8k and then again around 10k. What's weird is the little dip in that zone that R doesn't have. For street riding that R engine looks like the obvious choice as it's got more hp and torque up until 10k rpm.
post #169 of 170 Old 03-20-17, 15:00
wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phicurious86 View Post
I haven't seen the graph anywhere else, so take it with a grain of salt.

I already put down a deposit given all the glowing reviews of the RS, but if the graph is accurate....

I mean some fueling plus a dyno would likely smooth those dips for the RS, but the same fueling plus dyno could probably make up near the 5hp that the rs has on the R.

Guess I'll just have to wait for some butt time and crunch the numbers on upgrading the R calipers to the M50s.
Same here. With the belly pan, quick shifter, better brakes, tires, suspension on both ends, bar end mirrors....The RS was an easy choice as I couldn't do half of that for the price increase later. Even though I'd probably prefer the "R" powerband as I will mostly ride on the street.

Didn't hurt that I could get it sooner either. This will be my first Triumph
post #170 of 170 Old 03-20-17, 16:04
Phicurious86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Same here. With the belly pan, quick shifter, better brakes, tires, suspension on both ends, bar end mirrors....The RS was an easy choice as I couldn't do half of that for the price increase later. Even though I'd probably prefer the "R" powerband as I will mostly ride on the street.

Didn't hurt that I could get it sooner either. This will be my first Triumph

I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement