2017 Street Triple 765 models ? - Page 14 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #131 of 170 Old 01-11-17, 09:37
windyrun

Garage
iF they hold the prices to under a $500 bump from where they are now for s and r models the new bikes will be a success. Any more than that and sledding will get tough.

i'm happy with the r spec power, though the full 123 would be better, since it now has a slipper clutch and traction control. Hope the engine is as smooth and fun as before.

i'm still holding out for an rt model since that is what is missing from the lineup and needed as an option more than the rs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 170 Old 01-11-17, 09:43
Allworld

Quote:
i'm still holding out for an rt model since that is what is missing from the lineup and needed as an option more than the rs
I am sure that Triumph will have a Turing variant of this bike.
MV introduced their Brutale in a couple flavors, then followed with a few variants including a touring version (Turismo Veloce).
The sales for the Brutale are much greater than that of the Turismo, and I would think that it would be similar for the Street Triple.
post #133 of 170 Old 01-12-17, 16:38 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
All new full colour 5 TFT instruments on the 2017 Street Triple R and RS:

https://youtu.be/q_y9g9BsgW8

- Do Not OpenNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)

post #134 of 170 Old 02-03-17, 16:43
SingR

Clean! Now if they'd add a USB access point..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligaz675 View Post
All new full colour 5 TFT instruments on the 2017 Street Triple R and RS:

https://youtu.be/q_y9g9BsgW8
post #135 of 170 Old 02-14-17, 05:40 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675

Garage
Moto-journalist friend Barkin Bayoglu (aka The Man In The Golden Suit) was at Catalunya testing the new RS yesterday.

He reviewed the 2011 and 2015 versions of the STR in the past so asked him how he liked the new RS in comparison. His response was that, in short, he loved the new RS!

This guy is a big fan of the liter bikes and he owns Fireblades and a 2015 Panigale 1299S and also a big fan of Ohlins suspension. Before the RS testing started we texted and chat about suspension a bit. I wrote him that was expecting too see Ohlins front forks and TTX on the RS etc. And he wasn't expecting much from the Showa BPF and Ohlins STX40 on the track before testing started. But then after testing the RS on the Catalunya circuit, he texted me stating that the suspension on the RS is much better than he initially anticipated. To my surprise he stated that he had no issues with neither the front and nor the rear suspension on the track, actually quiet liked them and Triumph did a good job on the suspension. He is quiet tall and on the heavy side, over 200lbs so I'm surprised to hear that from him. Now I cannot wait to test the RS myself :/
He is also going to get detailed info on the STX40 RSU from Triumph.

He also fell in love with the new HD TFT instrument panel and published a video on his FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/altinelbise...5535110813822/

In his video I noticed that finally there is a hazard flasher on the Street Triple ))
Also you can hear the new 765 engine sound in the background on that video (@ ~1.30). It has a deeper, more bass tone to it and loved it )))

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)

Last edited by Hooligaz675; 02-14-17 at 06:22.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hooligaz675 For This Useful Post:
wvstr (02-14-17)
post #136 of 170 Old 02-14-17, 08:48
Allworld

There is another review on the Cycle World website.
Looks like Triumph has hit another home run.
post #137 of 170 Old 02-14-17, 17:05 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
There is another review on the Cycle World website.
Looks like Triumph has hit another home run.
Yes it seems so :)

Here's linkage to the Cycle World's review that you mentioned for those who are interested:
2017 Triumph Street Triple RS - FIRST RIDE REVIEW

and MCN's:

"But despite producing 13% more torque, 16% more power and having some of the 675’s raw edges smoothed-off, but not too many, it’s not actually the new Street Triple RS’s best bit. No, what makes this new Triumph so spellbindingly brilliant is how light and easy it is to manage. I can’t think of a bike – even top-level sportsbikes or super nakeds that offers such balance, composure and completeness."

New Street Triple RS: More than just a fancy motor

Last edited by Hooligaz675; 02-15-17 at 11:06.
post #138 of 170 Old 02-14-17, 18:02
Aeolus

Garage
Triumph has released the MSRP pricing for the 2018 Street Triple 765's on the USA site.

Street Triple 765 S: $9,900

Street Triple 765 R: $11,200

Street Triple 765 RS: $12,500

Personally I think they price it right where it needs to be against the competitors. Seems like another home run for the guys at Hinckley!

post #139 of 170 Old 02-15-17, 12:01 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
Triumph has released the MSRP pricing for the 2018 Street Triple 765's on the USA site.

Street Triple 765 S: $9,900

Street Triple 765 R: $11,200

Street Triple 765 RS: $12,500

Personally I think they price it right where it needs to be against the competitors. Seems like another home run for the guys at Hinckley!
Same as the MSRPs announced in the UK (ie RS 9900GBP = 12500USD). That's really good actually.

For comparison, the MSRP of the RS in Turkey is ~ $16,000 thanks to the freakin' tax over tax rip-off scheme of the current Gov over here They're charging a 38% excise tax (a.k.a private consumption tax) for bikes over 250cc and applying 18% VAT to the total on top of that. So basically they're charging tax over tax. That's over 62% tax! What a rip off right?

Last edited by Hooligaz675; 02-15-17 at 12:24.
post #140 of 170 Old 02-15-17, 13:35
Aeolus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligaz675 View Post
For comparison, the MSRP of the RS in Turkey is ~ $16,000 thanks to the freakin' tax over tax rip-off scheme of the current Gov over here They're charging a 38% excise tax (a.k.a private consumption tax) for bikes over 250cc and applying 18% VAT to the total on top of that. So basically they're charging tax over tax. That's over 62% tax! What a rip off right?
I lived in Turkey for 16 years(Izmir, then Marmaris), and am fluent in Turkish. I follow the news regularly and am not happy to see where the country is headed. The ideology there has always been, if you can afford to buy a luxury item(bikes, cars, boats, appliances, and anything else they consider to be luxury) made overseas, you deserve to get over taxed.

It looks like the Brexit, and the tanking is playing in favor of Triumph.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement