Linear Link - Yes or No - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #21 of 23 Old 03-24-17, 14:57
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick06 View Post
The linear plates that you mention, do you mean Flux Plates? And if so are you running MKI or MKII? I'm on the hunt for a set of the Gen II plates or a cad drawing with specs to have my buddy make a set on his water jet. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Nice pics btw.
Flux plates are from a forum member in Australia. The plates most guys are talking about in this thread are made by @munch , also here on the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
Maverick06 (03-31-17)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 03-27-17, 06:18
AussieAdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick06 View Post
The linear plates that you mention, do you mean Flux Plates? And if so are you running MKI or MKII? I'm on the hunt for a set of the Gen II plates or a cad drawing with specs to have my buddy make a set on his water jet. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Nice pics btw.
Felix is the Aussie member you can contact for the Flux 2 plates.
I've had my set in for over 3 years of racing and track days and I did a check on the plates this week when I upped my spring rate and they were as good as gold. I have a spare set just in case.
The flux M2 plates need 5 to 6mm of shims or a shock you can lengthen to return it to the standard ride height.
If you're using the standard spring rate it will probably still be too heavy if you are a light guy.
People who order after market shocks might need to go up 25 to 50 lbs on the spring rate depending on your weight to get the right static and rider sag settings from my own experience.
My shock was supposed to be a 575lb according to the booklet that come supplied with it, but it was a 600lb when I checked it, and I had to go to a 625lb to get the right static sag figures, I'm 84kg or 185lb.
Very big guys can probably get away with using the standard spring rate when going to a linear link.

2006 Race/Track Bike: Nitron Race Pro Shock and Nitron Fork Valves, Race Tech Fork Springs, Flux Mk2 Linkage plates, GPR V4 Steering Damper, Attack Performance Triple Clamps & Rear Sets, R6 Mono Block Calipers, Brembo RCS19 Master Cylinder, Annitori QS Pro Quick Shifter, No Cat, No Exup Valve, Leo Vince Slip On, No Intake Flapper, SF Filter, Complete GB Crash Protection kit, all unnecessary crap removed.
The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAdam For This Useful Post:
Maverick06 (03-31-17)
post #23 of 23 Old 03-31-17, 13:27
Maverick06

Thanks for the replies guys. I was able to locate a buddy who had a spare set of the Gen II plates that he's tossed in the mail to me. Scored a 2015 CBR600RR rear shock of ebay for $24 bucks. The budget build is now well on it's way :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement