Triumph 675 Forums banner

2015 Street Triple - Daytona 675R front-end conversion (aka Hooligaz RS Build)

32K views 52 replies 18 participants last post by  STR15 
#1 · (Edited)
2015 Standard Street Triple to Rx Custom (with D675R front-end conversion)

Here's my attempt @ Daytona 675R front-end conversion on 2015 Street Triple:

EDIT - 2018 version:

EDIT: 2017 version

Performance:
- Daytona 675R Front End Conversion:

• Ohlins NIX30 Forks
  • Brembo Monobloc Calipers
  • Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder
  • Custom CNC Machined Lower Triple Tree
  • Triumph Daytona 675R / Street Triple RS Slipper Clutch
  • Daytona 675R front ABS Sensor
  • Titanium Caliper Bolts
- RX / Daytona 675 Rear Conversion with Daytona comfort seat, standard pillion seat and Daytona seat cowl.
- Arrow Slip-on exhaust
- KYB Daytona 675 Rear Suspension
- Triumph Quick Shifter
- Triumph Adjustable rear-sets
- Lust Racing 25mm Lowering Kit 3B Racing 25mm Lowering Link Kit with Duplex Finish (2020)
- Rizoma Sport Grips
- Triumph CNC Machined low-drag Clutch Lever
- Tech-Spec SnakeSkin Tank Pads

Protection:

- Rizoma Proguard System for Brake and Clutch Levers 3B Racing RS Brake & Clutch Lever Protection (2020)
- Triumph Frame Sliders
- Triumph Engine Covers
- Triumph Fork Sliders 3B Racing Fork Protectors - Phantom Black Matte (2020)
- Triumph Fly Screen and Belly-Pan
- Triumph Tank Pad
- Triumph Lower Chainguard
- Bickle Racing Carbon Kevlar Tank Slider
- Rizoma Spools 3B Racing Swing-Arm Spools (2020)
- R&G Radiator Guard Rx version
(Note: The R&G Radiator Guard for the '13+ Street Triple standard and R is actually only for the Street Triple bikes manufactured in 2013! It doesn't fully cover the radiator on later models. For '14-16 Street Triple bikes you need the R&G Radiator Guard for the Rx (P# RAD0185BK) !
Please see this thread for more info!)

Bling:
- Motodynamic LED Tail Light
- Rizoma Next Front Brake Reservoir and Mount
- Triumph CNC Machined Rear Brake Reservoir
- Rizoma Tail Tidy
- Triumph Bar-End Mirrors
- Rizoma LED Signals [Action signals - front and Zero signals -rear]
w/ Triumph LED Flasher Relay Kit
- Triumph Billet Machined Chain Adjuster Block - Red
- Triumph Oil Cap
- Triumph 3D Tank Badges (Speed Triple R 2016)

Parts to get in the near future:
- Ohlins TTX Rear Suspension
- Daytona Seat Cowl (Purchased in 2017!)
- Quick Shifter (Purchased Triumph QS in 2017!)
- After-market exhaust (Purchased Arrow slip-on in 2018)

and here's the original Hooligaz in June 2015:

Big thanks are in order:
@Knolly - Thanks for the inspiration and all your help.
@jdgun_13 - Thanks for all the needed parts that you sent and all your help.

And thanks to all the Triumph675.net forum members who shared / sharing valuable, know-how, in-depth knowledge, and experiences in the forums!

Really appreciated guys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 version:

2017 version:

2016 Version:

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes I have the KYB adjustable rear suspension ATM, but planning to get a TTX in the near future. Actually the KYB rear shock seems to be working surprisingly well with the Daytona front on the streets. Hopefully will try it out @ Intercity Istanbul Park soon.

#14 · (Edited)

The Daytona rear came in stock white color so it was painted. All other parts including the fuel tank, rear subframe etc. came from a '14 matte graphite STR.

If you need the Standox paint color codes and matte clear coating table just let me know.

#12 ·
Where did you get your low drag clutch lever? I want one on mine!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#15 · (Edited)
Chomorro it's the Triumph machined alloy levers kit:

For the STR (radial) please click here.

For the ST (standard) please click here.

FYI Triumph only offers the break & clutch levers together as a kit. So I couldn't buy the clutch lever separately... The Triumph dealer gave me really good discount though so can't really complain.

#18 ·
triple tree fitment?

i'm thinking of doing a similar upgrade to my 2013 STR and i'm wondering about the triple tree. It says you have a custom lower triple tree, i assume this means that the stock one on the STR doesn't fit the fork tubes? Too small? What about the main triple tree?

#21 ·
Thank you!

STANDOX STANDOBLUE
Manufacturer TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES
Code LS
Color name MATT GRAPHITE
Panel No 861648
Var.
Color change
Paint system STANDOBLUE BASECOAT
Coat BASECOAT
Finish type FLAT
Type Metallic
PB
Standard Date 7/28/2010
Formulation Date 1/8/2013
Revision
Form-No 7214715
Local serial number
Sample model information

http://www.standox.com/corporate/en_GB/colour-tools/standowin.html

#23 ·
That's a massive investment but it looks absolutely amazing, great job. I went a different route and put the R front in and Daytona ohlins on the rear. Compared to the stock triple it is amazing, so much quicker to turn and more 'on its toes'. Mines an every day ride that has to keep going through most of winter so kept fairly stock looking. Really interested to hear how you're getting on with the QS. That is probably the last thing I'll do to mine...for the next 6 months anyways.
Edit - forget the arrow and buy the SC Project unit. It's much lighter and far sexier sounding. Arrow gives lots of bass but the SC gives you roll off bangs like a machine gun that never get old :)

#26 ·
Thank you!
I bet the KYB R front forks and Ohlins TTX36 combo is also great.
I wanted to have Brembo RCS19 M/C and Brembo monoblocs together with Ohlins forks on my bike 'cause I thought that's what Triumph should offer with the Rx.

Thanks to @jdgun_13 , the Ohlins NIX30 forks and Brembo M4 monoblocs fresh from a Daytona 675R didn't break the bank.

The trickiest part for me was to get the geometry right with the Ohlins NIX 30 forks though... Since Ohlins forks are 20mm longer than KYB standard forks and 12mm than KYB adjustable R forks. If adjusted the Ohlins forks 28mm +20 = 48mm (measured from the flat section underneath the top clamp to the top of the fork excluding the cap) it became so twitchy. If adjusted them @ 28mm + 12mm = 40mm then the bike handled well but running wide at cornering. I finally found the sweet spot at 44mm and extremely happy with the handling.

As for the newest Triumph QS it's a real gem. I really enjoy having it and highly recommend it. Triumph P# is A9938249. It's the one with the red label instead of the blue one that also comes factory installed on the RS.

Believe it or not I am happy with the stock exhaust. My only gripe with the aftermarket slip-ons is that the engine looses a bit of torque at lower RPMs. I like the bass tone of the Arrow slip-on but yet it doesn't offer anything else IMO. I'm still not sure on the SC Project conic exhaust. It offers weight savings for sure but it sounds too loud for me without the baffle. Anyways the last part on my list is an Ohlins rear-shock. Once I get it then I'll consider the slip-on and keep your suggestion in mind ;)

#29 ·
Your bike looks amazing man! I am also getting the 3D tank badges at some point for my 2017 STR but I cannot make my mind up on either to buy the silver or black ones.
Seeing the silver on yours makes my decision even more tough, it looks great with the matte gray since that is the color of my bike.

#31 ·
Thanks man!

The 3D badges look nice but not so easy to keep them on the tank though. I'm not happy with the adhesive that Triumph used on them. Even a tiny bit of fuel spill causes the letters to fall off so you need to be really careful. Since I keep checking the tank badges on regular basis I managed to save the letters before falling off. And replaced the adhesive with 3M 300LSE double sided film... Cutting the 3M 300LSE without damaging the plastic characters is not as easy as it seems.
Many people experienced the same issue with the 3D tank badges on their brand new Speed Triple R '16 and Street Triple 765 models.

#34 ·
[/QUOTE] The fuel tank is clear coated and the original decals are under the coating. So you cannot simply peel off the decals, it will look terrible. The fuel tank needs to be sanded down, re-painted and clear coated before you put the new 3D tank badges on. And once you put the 3D badges on the tank you need to be extremely careful not to loose them. If you ask me lot of trouble just for bling. I wouldn't do it again![/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming that for me! Now instead of wondering what color badges to get it comes down to whether to put them on or not, HAHA
I will post pics after the holidays if I decide to do it, thanks again Hooligaz

#36 ·
I bought the RX/Daytona675 rear conversion kit from Speedy in the UK. It came with the standard rider and passenger seats.
Then I purchased the D675 comfort seat from Worldoftriumph.com for 34GBP (~49USD) excluding the VAT. It is still on sale: Click here for more info!

You can check out @Pinoy's excellent 2013 Street Triple RX conversion thread.
Please note that he didn't use the support brackets ( T2309653 Bracket, Support, RH and T2309652 Bracket, Support, LH) so they're not listed in his thread.

Good folks over here list the parts that you need from time to time so I recommend checking out the classifieds over here. Also you can open up a WTB thread in the classifieds section so that a forum member can hook you up with the parts.

#39 · (Edited)
I already answered that question. See 2 posts above ( Post #36 )

I think the cheapest option to get the parts is to ask the D675 owners here in this forum. They list the parts in the classified section and you can open up a WTB thread there as well.

#49 · (Edited)
Amazing build! Seeing as how you started with a street ABS, how much of an improvement was the Daytona rear shock compared to the original one?
THanks
Thank you! D675 standard KYB rear shock turned out to be pretty good. It works surprisingly well with the Ohlins NIX30 front forks.

I mean even the ST-R KYB is a big improvement over the standard ST's RSU (which is a basic rear shock that only allows you to adjust the spring pre-load).
The difference between the D675's RSU and the ST-R's RSU is that the D675 RSU has low stroke and high stroke speed compression damping adjustment.
I'm planning to try an Ohlins RSU soon though. That's the last remaining item on my list :)

#51 ·
Hooligazzz 675 Rx Custom is ready for 2018 :)

Got new decals, LSL Front Sprocket Cover and Bickle Racing Carbon Kevlar Tank Sliders.
40k KM (25k miles) service done including the clutch cable replacement. Ohlins Front Forks got serviced too.

#52 ·
Here's my attempt @ Daytona 675R front-end conversion on 2015 Street Triple:

EDIT - 2018 version:

EDIT: 2017 version

Performance:
- Daytona 675R Front End Conversion:

• Ohlins NIX30 Forks
  • Brembo Monobloc Calipers
  • Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder
  • Custom CNC Machined Lower Triple Tree
  • 675R ABS Sensor
  • Titanium Caliper Bolts
]
Fantastic job! I have been wanting to do the same to my Rx since I bought her new in 8/16. Could you answer some more specific questions for me about the machined triple and forks?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.