Akrapovic Exhaust Installed *PICS* - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 73 Old 06-24-08, 13:54
PragB
Senior Member
 
PragB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 3,184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to PragB
Looks Awesome!!!!!
PragB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 73 Old 06-24-08, 15:54
jgo75
Member
 
jgo75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 355
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to jgo75
Thanks for posting pics of your bike. I have the same color and the same tail section but have not painted it yet. This gives me an idea of how it's going to look like. Did you have your seat fabricated as well?

I love my TripleD!
jgo75 is offline  
post #23 of 73 Old 06-24-08, 16:08
superlight
MacGyver / BOTM / BOTY Winner
 
superlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
...and am going to have the TOR map put on at the dealership... In the meantime, I'm running the stock map and it runs great.
Caffine, My experience has been the stock map with a slip-on is just OK for most all street conditions, but the TOR map will ensure it runs properly under high loads and high rpm.

The oval can compliments the shape of the tail nicely. Your fabricator did a good job. Looks great!
superlight is offline  
post #24 of 73 Old 06-24-08, 16:14
Red 675
Senior Member
 
Red 675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,407
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It does look really nice, any melting issues with the rear tail light?

It seems really close to the tail lamp, (we had some issue with the Jardine that included the wrong muffler bracket on some bikes, melted the tail light after a on long summer ride).

Michael
Red 675 is offline  
post #25 of 73 Old 06-24-08, 18:55 Thread Starter
caffine
Race Team Sponsor
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
caffine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PragB View Post
Looks Awesome!!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgo75 View Post
Thanks for posting pics of your bike. I have the same color and the same tail section but have not painted it yet. This gives me an idea of how it's going to look like. Did you have your seat fabricated as well?
No prob! If you're local I can refer you to a good painter with great prices. The seat is a Corbin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlight View Post
Caffine, My experience has been the stock map with a slip-on is just OK for most all street conditions, but the TOR map will ensure it runs properly under high loads and high rpm.

The oval can compliments the shape of the tail nicely. Your fabricator did a good job. Looks great!
I could really tell the difference between the PCIII w/map vs. stock... it is acceptable, but I'm looking forward to the TOR map! Tomorrow @ 1PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 675 View Post
It does look really nice, any melting issues with the rear tail light?

It seems really close to the tail lamp, (we had some issue with the Jardine that included the wrong muffler bracket on some bikes, melted the tail light after a on long summer ride).

Michael
Hey Michael! No melting issues yet, but this week hasn't been nearly as hot as last week (as you know) so I'm going to keep my eye on it. Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep you posted.
-Michael
caffine is offline  
post #26 of 73 Old 06-25-08, 14:48
islandrider
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dublin,CA
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Would it be possible to throw this can on the Leo Vince full system or the arrow full system? Would it be more trouble than it's worth? I would be interested in a full system, not just a slip on.
islandrider is offline  
post #27 of 73 Old 06-25-08, 15:15 Thread Starter
caffine
Race Team Sponsor
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
caffine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandrider View Post
Would it be possible to throw this can on the Leo Vince full system or the arrow full system? Would it be more trouble than it's worth? I would be interested in a full system, not just a slip on.
It would, but the full systems are higher flowing and the muffler is usually a bit different. I'm actually going to work with my fabricator on putting together a custom full system for this, using the ZX6R silencer from their full system... send me a PM if you'd be interested.

caffine is offline  
post #28 of 73 Old 06-25-08, 16:05
Sammy901
Senior Member
 
Sammy901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 3,461
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I just peed my pants after seeing this--Looks great!!!

Eric Cartman : "my heart says yes, but my vah jay jay says no"
Sammy901 is offline  
post #29 of 73 Old 06-25-08, 17:01 Thread Starter
caffine
Race Team Sponsor
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
caffine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy901 View Post
I just peed my pants after seeing this--Looks great!!!
Thanks! Sorry about the accident, lol

caffine is offline  
post #30 of 73 Old 06-26-08, 14:32 Thread Starter
caffine
Race Team Sponsor
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
caffine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got the TOR map installed yesterday and she's running perfectly

Videos soon... haven't had time yet this week and wanted to do it after the TOR anyhow. Hopefully tonight!

caffine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome