Triumph 675 Forums banner

Electric compoent under rear fender

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Decipher 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Team,
I'm cleaning up the tail of my 2012 street triple. and I came across this electrical part that I cant find in the service manual. Small black plastic part with 3 wires, single bolt holding it on, small tube pointing down toward rear tire. Pic attached. What is this?

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
:smilielol5:

Yup. Don't throw it out. Turns out your bike really needs that damn sensor. Other people nailed it. Barometric sensor. It will trip your bike into limp mode. That's what I get for being in a rush and throwing out the stock disaster of a rear fender with the sensor still attached.

#3 ·
Thanks Captain Ron. The MAP sensor relates to the throttle body. This is under the rear faring and has a small tube (about 2mm id) pointing down toward the rear tire. I remounted it, in a similar location, and I now have a check engine light.... maybe not related, but I dont know. I'd still like to know what tis thing is for sure so I can determine how to relocate it appropriately.

#10 ·
That's an improvement. Need to work in some turn signals... amber LEDs are in the mail
That looks MUCH better. Which eliminator is that? As for signals, I'm also curious what you went with. There are some really nice and bright surface mount LED options out there. I decked out my girls lil scoot with them. Super bright.

#11 ·
Not sure - I will be making my own. Considering drilling the left and ride sides of the Brake light enclosure with rows of holes for amber LEDs. I'll test by making a couple of short LED strips that I can move around to different locations and see how many I need for enough brightness. Going to a single low side pipe will simplify things a lot.

#14 ·
This is exactly what I bought her. I used his red LEDs for brake lights (For additional safety. They are only one intensity, so they don't double up for running and stop), amber for turns, and white for license plate lights. These are SUPER bright and SUPER high quality. I put some on my car and they've lasted through all kinds of weather, salt, and car washes. I highly recommend them.

They mount with 3m adhesive tape and are super legit. I'm actually considering changing up my setup and moving away from the stalks I have in favor of these little bad boys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251793376050

#15 ·
You have any close up pictures. I've bought led strips and they are usually No good in day light

#17 ·
It's been too cold to get the bikes out of storage right now for some pics. I ended up putting two of the linked LED strips on my car since there is no way to see my turn signal unless you're straight on. They are really bright and serve as my wife's primary front and rear blinkers on her scooter. Like I said, I'm thinking of using some of them to clean up my bike too, so I trust in their lumens to provide the warning needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.