Triumph 675 Forums banner

What boots do you use?

30K views 121 replies 70 participants last post by  Acguy619 
#1 ·
Hi. I have some Alpinestars SMX-5 boots and they are fine, but after about 3 hours or so of street riding they start to hurt. What boots do you use and how do you use them? I am looking to get a sport boot with touring comfort.

#8 ·
I have SIDI Vertigo's. Super comfortable and adjustable calf allows me to tuck in the Kevlar pant legs comfortably. Good airflow too! I just wore them for 12 hours straight not a single complaint.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
+1 for the Vertigos. Just started wearing a pair to upgrade the protection level from my trusty Sidi Evo Tepor boots which I'll still wear if it's going to be wet. The Vertigos are a bit squeeky as well, however. Other than that, I got them a size bigger than my Evo's so I could add an insole to make them more comfy. Worked great. Fit perfectly and are comfortable enough to walk around in. Both the Sidis are very comfortable to ride in all day.

#9 ·
I wear Alpinestar Fastlane Riding Shoes, they are very comfy just like sneakers but they don't offer the protection of a racing boot. They do offer ankle protection but they are not steel toe. I like those SIDI boots though i'd seem like a cyborg;street riding down in miami.

#10 ·
Street - Sidi Vertigo Air
Track - Dainese Torque RS Out Air

Both boots are very comfortable. I've also used a bunch of other Sidi boots in the past for street, but the Vertigos are my favorite.

Also have a set of Sidi ST Airs that I used for track and a few canyon rides that I'm currently selling (see forum marketplace). Stepped up from the Vertigos to the STs for the track and those boots are comfortable and hold up well too; but I got a new set of leathers and the STs were too bulky with it so I swapped to the Dainese boots.

Edit: Used the Vertigos on a long ride and had the boots on for over 12 hrs one time; no issues having them on for that long of a period either.

#12 ·
Puma 1000V3s right now, but want to get the new Sidi Mag1 boot

The Pumas are a great boot, just not much support for them sadly, only way to get parts is from one guy in California, which he is really cool and sent me all the parts for free this last time, but it is just annoying as they are a great boot.

#14 ·
I have Forma Ice Flow boots and they are great. I use them daily for commuting 30 minutes one way to work. I've used them at the track with great feel and comfort. I've also taken them on 5-6 hour long rides with no issues. A great boot for the price and if you're military they will spring you a great deal!

#15 ·
SuperTech R. Unbelievably comfortable. I tried on all the Sidis and they pinched my toes. The toe box is very shallow and actually pinches across the top of the toes. I thought I wanted the Sidis because I have narrow feet but I couldn't wear them and then I tried on the the Supertechs and holy crap they are nice. Like slipping into a velvet glove. They're also very comfortable to walk in and easy to shift with. They don't have any weird parts on the outside to hangup on the bike and they are easy and fast to get in and out of.

#18 ·
Picked up a pair of SIDI Vortice over the winter. Now that I have a few thousand miles in them, they have really broken in well and fit perfect. I wear them on long rides, commuting to work and the main reason I got them, track duty. They tend to squeak a bit when walking around but I can live with it. And at the price I got them for, by far one of the best purchases I have made to date!

#21 ·
Street/Commuting - Joe Rocket Super Street boots, crash tested. Good ankle support and not that bad to walk around in for a while. A better compromise between full length race boot and riding shoe. I don't like how riding shoes like the smx2 don't have much ankle support

Track/Fun twistys - TCX Competizione S, also crash tested

#28 ·
I am usually in the 9.5 to 10.5 range, and these are a 44 (9.5) but it is the balls of my feet and my pinky toe. Still could be wrong size, but there is room to move...perhaps that is the problem.

I've looks at a lot of the boots mentioned and I really like the Supertech R's and the Dainese line, the Dainese have a slim toe box which I like, the supertechs have a nice design with the booty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.