What boots do you use? - Page 12 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #111 of 121 Old 05-22-16, 20:58
MBZuki

Going 4 years on a pair of Sidi STs, the one square screw receiver is almost completely out because the leather it was molded to separated but other than that they've been good boots.

Thinking of trying A* this time around and getting a waterproof/adventure style boot as well in addition to a partial race one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 121 Old 05-25-16, 22:17
plangevin

I sold my SMX-6 and bought a pair of SMX-1R which is basically a short version of the SMX-6 and so far I love them. I use the bike almost exclusively on the streets, I may hit the track once a year, the long boots were such a hassle to wear everyday on a short commute.
post #113 of 121 Old 05-27-16, 13:29
MotoMeets

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBZuki View Post
Going 4 years on a pair of Sidi STs, the one square screw receiver is almost completely out because the leather it was molded to separated but other than that they've been good boots.

Thinking of trying A* this time around and getting a waterproof/adventure style boot as well in addition to a partial race one.
As with the gentlemen above, I too most recently had Alpinestars SMX 6 boots, fantastic boot. I would call it race casual.

I have since moved up to the Alpinestars Super Tech-R due to the awesome sale that is ongoing with them.

Find Your Ride - https://www.motomeets.com/

post #114 of 121 Old 06-19-16, 12:44
evo3gsx

I have the old version SMX-1 and they have been great. You can still get them on clearance in some sizes but the new version looks to be even better.
post #115 of 121 Old 08-01-16, 20:31
morbo1978

Garage
Dainese TRQ Race Out Boots... have had them right at 3 years now. Got them on discount from Revzilla so I was stuck with the non-ventilated boots in mostly white. They were the cheapest boots with the anti-ankle twisting safety feature. Not the most comfortable but the next size up was too big. I can go all day in them but wouldn't want to do a lot of walking around in them. Didn't care for the all white at first but it grew on me as I replaced my leathers with new ones with some white panels. Held up pretty well so far, had to have the zipper fixed on one as it came off the track but it was $5 at a shoe repair place. Having non-vented boots sucks horribly though.

When time comes I'll probably give the newer version of these boots a shot.
post #116 of 121 Old 01-05-17, 20:35
Dr. Psych

Alpinestars SuperTech Rs. Very comfortable, no break in, adjustable calf. Got the 2016 model for $260 from FCmoto.com about two months ago. If they still have that price, you won't find it cheaper anywhere else.
post #117 of 121 Old 03-07-17, 18:02
David CU

Sidi Mag-1 for 10k miles already. Super comfy, never have any foot fatigue no matter how long the ride. I tried on a few Dainese but they all had pressure points somewhere.
post #118 of 121 Old 03-07-17, 21:11
autonomy

Cortech Latigo Air boots, street & track.. they're great and well priced.
post #119 of 121 Old 03-13-17, 04:54
way2fast

Supertech r's that I got a really good deal on. Going on theirn3rd season and I would imagine they will get at least one maybe 2 more solid seasons of riding
post #120 of 121 Old 03-13-17, 11:18
Hooligaz675

Garage
AStars SMX Plus and Dainese ALPHA D-WP (short) here.
Size-wise Alpinestars boots are a perfect fit to my wide feet. For other brands normally need to go 1/2 size or even 1 size up. Sidi boots never work for me.

I also have IXS GoreTex boots that I purchased in 2001 from Gold Coast Motorsports in NY, based on their recommendation. They definitely served me (still serving) well after 16 yrs beyond expectations, and I still wear them in cold weather.

- Do Not OpenNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)

Last edited by Hooligaz675; 03-14-17 at 20:39.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement