Triumph 675 Forums banner

Official 2014 triumph 675.net forum track event

65K views 605 replies 53 participants last post by  Boosted Thrills 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Greetings everyone. My apologies for not getting on this sooner. This year we will be hosting our own track day. This will be a two day event held at NJMP. We will be doing both Lightning and Thunderbolt. John and I are trying to add some extras into the event, and we will keep you updated as time goes on.

WHEN: June 30 & July 1

WHERE: NJMP (Millville, NJ)

TRACKS: Lightning (June 30) AND Thunderbolt (July 1)

PRICE: $375 for both days

WE NEED TO PAY NJMP ASAP!!!! Therefore, the minimum payment until the end of the month is $100. Starting May 1st, you must pay in full. For those who have already sent me deposits for NYST and are going to attend this event, your deposit will be applied to this event. Final payment MUST be made no later than May 30th as I will need to pay NJMP on June 1st. We need at least 50 people to attend this event, so let's make this happen. Please send your payments via Paypal to tdmuther@gmail.com (please be sure to include the extra 3% for the paypal fees).

As always, priority is given to Forum Members. However, all are welcome and I encourage you to invite your friends (as long as you can vouch for their conduct and ability).

We will run in a three group format; Beginner, Intermediate and Advance. Please indicate what track experience you have had, and what group you are running in if you are a member of a track day organization in the comments section of your payment. If the Coaches see that you should be bumped up for the day, they will let you know and you will ride with the more advanced guys and gals. However, they will also bump you down if they feel that you're riding over your head. This is to make our day safer and more fun for everyone.

Lunch will be from 12:30 to 13:30. The track will then go green from 13:30 until 1730.

Tech Requirements are as follows:

- All lights (head lights, turn signals, etc) bust be properly taped.
- All fairings and race plastics must be properly secured.
- Remove your mirrors and license plate. Zip tie your mirror holes to the upper fairing stay.
- All fluids (oil, brake fluids, etc.) should be properly filled with their respective caps properly secured.
- It is NOT mandatory, but advised for Intermediate and Advance riders to safety wire their oil cap, oil filter, drain plugs, etc.
- Tires should at least have ¾ tread left. DO NOT SHOW UP WITH WORN TIRES (chords showing, etc.) or you will fail tech. Tires will
be made available trackside at a discounted price.
- Check your chain slack. You will want to have at least 1 ½ inches of slack.
- Make sure that there is plenty of brake pad left.
- Check your throttle and adjust for minimum slack.
- Check your levers for slack and tension.
- It is NOT mandatory, but you may want to disconnect your lights so the tape doesn't melt to the lenses.
- A sticker with your name and shift pattern MUST be placed on your tank.
- A med-data (provided at tech) slip MUST be located on the lower left hand side of your helmet.
- All riders must wear a late model full face helmet, 1 or 2 piece leather suit, back protector, gauntlet gloves and proper boots which
extend over your shin.
- All 2 piece leather suites MUST have full circumference zippers.
- Any onboard cameras MUST be permanently secured to the bike BEFORE going through tech. Anyone caught mounting a camera
AFTER tech will be forced to sit out the rest of the day.

This year, Heroic Racing has accepted our invitation and will provide leather rentals. Each rental will be a brand new suit and brand new set of gloves. The cost is $180. You will have to have your own back protector and boots. If you plan on renting from Todd, you must do so ASAP so he can make sure that he will have everything in order prior to our event. Additionally, Todd has offered us discount pricing on patches. We are getting custom "Triumph675.net" patches made and will be offered at a discounted rate. Todd and his crew will be trackside so you can have them sewn on trackside (or you can send your suit in). We are currently working on a rendering of how they will look and I will post pictures up as soon as I get them. Lastly, Todd has also offered his "Racers Package" at a discounted rate. The package includes your name on your collar, Race Number on the hump, and your Name on the butt. The cost for the package is $200 or ale cart at $30, $50 and $150 respectively. If you are interested in the suit rentals or patches, please PM or email me for further details on how to order. http://www.heroicracing.com/Articles.asp?ID=150

Please don't hesitate to ask me or any other track vet for help with properly prepping your bike. If you fail tech, you will have the chance to make the appropriate changes and go through again. If you cannot pass tech, you will be forced to sit out without a refund. If you crash, you will have to re-tech before going back out on the track.

There will also be a couple of videographers riding in every group. Therefore there will be plenty of footage of EVERYONE so there can be no bullshitting about laptimes or abilities LOL. Additionally, Ray from SBImage will be there to photograph all of our shenanigans.

For those wanting to arrive the night before, camping is allowed. Additionally there are VIP suites at NJMP at a very reasonable rate. I have personally stayed in them, and they are quite comfortable. You can see them at www.njmp.com/vip.html. There are other local accommodations, but staying with people at the track is a lot more fun! I will be there the night before helping people prep their bikes and telling a whole bunch of lies!

Lastly, I don't make a dime off of doing this, nor do I expect to. Like the past year's track days that I have organized, all I want is for all of us to have a crap load of fun on our bikes without getting hurt. A huge part of that, is riding with friends. I truly hope you guys take advantage of this opportunity. For those who haven't done a trackday, DO NOT HESITATE to jump on this. This is not a race. There are no podiums, trophies handed out or contingency monies won. You will not be judged on your speed, technique or skill. You will only be judged if you act and ride like an idiot. The true purpose of this event is to draw us all together and have some great laughs and develop good friendships. The riding is really the icing on the cake. Please feel free to bring your girlfriends, wives, boyfriends, husbands, kids, dogs, fish or Grandparents. This is a Forum community event, and the more the merrier!

I really look forward to seeing familiar faces, along with making new friends. If anyone feels that I have left something out, please feel free to add to the thread. Additionally, if anyone has any questions, please PM me or John or Pete, or you can reach me at (813) 476-9663 or via email at tdmuther@gmail.com.

I Look forward to spending good times at the track with you all!

PAID IN FULL
DEPOSIT PAID
INTERESTED

1) tapcon
2)
Jstu202
3)
duc hunter 675
4) hazexban
5)
BMAF
6)
Triumphant11
7)
RNYC
8)
Sean V.
9)
Peeweesp
10) GRNPunkBoy
11) Rick L. (1 day)
12)
Duc Hunter 675 Guest I
13)
Bushmaster
14)
Disrupt
15)
Soulpatch
16)
Steves
17)
Jwalters202
18)
GuiltySparc
19)
TNR4
20)
banjo8
21)
Absowoot
22) Beeglowbot
23) Doodle333
24) Doodle333 Guest I (Tim)
25)
Doodle3333 Guest II
26)
Boosted139
27)
LeMisVH
28)
LeMisVH Guest 1
29) SideshowBob
30)
SideshowBob Guest 1 (Jim)
31) MYKB93 - We Need Money!
32)
Lightsdarkness
33)
GTBullet - We need money!
34) RacerXnh10
35)
Porter Ed. (slow guy with Mybk) - We Need Money!
36)
Habib55
37)
Habib55 Guest
38)
LeMisVH Guest 2
39)
David W. (DJW55) - We Need Money!
40)
41) R675Soldier
42) Jtnyc
43) Lets Get Weird
44)
45)
46)
47)
48)
49)
50)

Announcement, if you have NOT paid yet.. Please pay me (John Stuart) at the track, in CASH! If you want to send in funds before hand, I need them tonight..

Paypal is - Jstu202@aol.com

Unfortunately we have not met our required amount, which means Tom and I will be paying several thousand out of pocket. So please take that into consideration, if you can find some local company support to help sponsor/donate to this track day it would be much appreciated. Bridgewater Acura has donated quite a lot of money to this event which has helped a great deal, but it still leaves us paying a large portion of the total ( about 1/5)

Please contact me for any questions/concerns about the above information, PM me if you want my cell #.

See less See more
#4 ·
Alright everyone, lets get this thing rolling ASAP or it just isn't gonna happen!

#13 ·
I just wanna know why no one remembers when I pay anything??? :whistle:

oh haiii guys, its been a while. Miss me?:grouphug:

#14 ·
Highly encourage anyone to come to these days. They are always the highlight of my year. It's awesome to see people come out, have fun and immediately eclipse my speed as they progress. It's a fantastic way to try or get to the track.

If you don't have gear, get it now or rent it. Check the classifieds here, on NESBA - or whatever it is now - and WERA, some great deals there currently.

Tom, let me know how I can help.

(And I'm on a Yamaha now... I'll put Triumph stickers on it, and hide it in a corner.)

#18 ·
i just relized my Shoei GT Air is not snell certified. Is this a problem for this track? I would hate to have to buy another helmet. Thanks in advance.

Also is it possible to just do one day?

#19 ·
i just relized my Shoei GT Air is not snell certified. Is this a problem for this track? I would hate to have to buy another helmet. Thanks in advance.

Also is it possible to just do one day?
I heard the reason why that helmet among others arent snell due to the drop down visor. Im sure all other aspects of the helmet meet that criteria. Its up to the powers that be tho...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#23 ·
I'm in. Anyone going to be there offering suspension services?
Between myself and a few other members I know we can get you a pretty damn good base setting!

#28 ·
A Monday and Tuesday kind of sucks honestly. I liked last year where I only had to take off one day.

That said I am in. Hopefully I keep rubber down this year but I wouldn't miss the chance to see all you Aholes again
It is probably not optimal, but its most likely the reason we only paying 375 for 2 days without going through TPM.

#35 ·
Need people to start signing up and paying ASAP or we will need to cancel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.