2013 675R Frontline Eurosports race build - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 10-02-13, 17:09   #21
Ecossearthur

Awesome, I am not far behind you in my build and the bike will be tried out on the Track this coming weekend! :-) Like to Thank RPM Cycles from FT Worth Texas for the awesome deal and support on helping this all happen! 2013 675R Came fitted with lots of goodies and of course the full race Arrows system :-) Some Triumph dealers just step up to the plate and go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction!
AS stated I am from Litchfield Park Arizona, and was more than happy to fly in and ride the bike home after doing well over the required miles for them to do the 1st service while a waited, and checked it all through! I will keep watching for what way you guys are headed with yours and may even put up where we are!
November we are taking this and a previous model to the Jason DiSalvo school for his one n one two day weekend! :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-13, 17:15   #22
bballman01

Send a message via AIM to bballman01

Subbed

Old 10-02-13, 20:12   #23
Dirty32

Quote:
Originally Posted by swest122 View Post
I've been riding the R6 since 2010. I'd say the Triumph was pretty damn good and we went quicker then I expected. Remember it still had the stock springs and Pirelli SP1s on it. Race rubber alone has to be good for a couple seconds. My riding has a long way to go too. I'm hoping to be able to run consistent 33's on the 675 at VIR next year. Thats at least a goal.

No reason to be sorry for the questions. That is why I made this thread so we can learn from you guys and hopefully a couple can learn from us.
Great to hear - both that the bike has met or exceeded your expectations off the bat, and that you'll be close to or quicker than you were on the R6 fairly quickly...

Subbed and again, I have a keen eye on seeing how both you and the bike progress. Good luck with it!

Old 10-22-13, 13:07   #24
swest122

Ok folks, I have a question. We are thinking about getting rid of the Ohlins standard R components (Nix 30 forks and ttx mkI shock) and going with the 30mm Ohlins carts and the newest ttx shock. What do you guys think the stock Ohlins stuff is worth? Would anybody on here be interested in it?

Also, is there anyway to auto-subscribe to a thread that you post in?

Thanks,
Sloan

Old 10-22-13, 13:22   #25
RidersDiscount

Sloan,

Ohlins does not offer an MKII for the 2013 yet. That said Ohlins can take your OEM 675R Ohlins upper body and install it on a 2012 TTX MKII shock. You would then get in return a 2012 OEM 675R shock and a 2013 TTX MKII. The 2012 OEM 675R TTX will sell for $650-750.

As far as fork kit I would recommend spending the extra money for the 25mm gas kit. We swapped over to these as well as the MKII at NJMP and our results instantly improved. Not sure you will get much out of selling the standard internals.

Old 10-22-13, 13:30   #26
swest122

Thanks for the info on the shock, TJ.

I dont know anything about the 25mm gas stuff but I imagine it is pretty expensive. Can you pm me a price?

I'm just not sure how much I will get out of the high end suspension components. You have to remember, I'm no pro rider. I only had valving in my R6 forks and never felt that I was pushing the limits of the valving capabilities.

Old 11-22-13, 12:16   #27
swest122

Quick off season update. New parts that have been installed: woodcraft clip-ons, woodcraft brake lever guard, and driven gas cap. Also, chain was changed to a 520 and new pitbull sprockets went on (stock front, -2). We lengthened the wheelbase by 25mm.

We took some sag measurements to determine what to do about suspension setup. I am about 165-170 lbs with gear on and front sag was 8mm and rear was 15mm. We took some preload out of the rear to get the sag to 30mm and took 1.5 turns out of the front but didnt remeasure the front sag. After this, we had a track day at NCBIKE. The bike is still having some handling issues. Very unstable mid-corner, it randomly feels like it wants to fall over towards the inside of the turn.

Now, we are deciding if we just want to change spring rates or send the forks and shock out for completely new valving and springs. Decisions, Decisions.

Next test, will be Jennings in February.

Old 11-22-13, 12:17   #28
swest122

Pic of teammates bike. His is painted and the one I ride will be wrapped. Colors will be black, blue, and white # plates.

Old 11-22-13, 17:49   #29
zroadhouse

Nice paint job! I almost chose that scheme for my bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-08 16.44.52.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	87065  
#177 CMRA Novice
2013 Daytona 675R --> Build Thread
2009 Street Triple

Old 11-22-13, 18:02   #30
BOPZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by swest122 View Post
Pic of teammates bike. His is painted and the one I ride will be wrapped. Colors will be black, blue, and white # plates.
That looks great, it also made my mind up : Going to paint my rear subframe diablo red to match the red cowl/fairing on my standard 2013. Beautiful

Sponsored Links
Advertisement