Triumph 675 Forums banner

Sell/Trade: Custom woodworking for Parts or $$$

14K views 113 replies 21 participants last post by  Hokie 
#1 · (Edited)

Throwing the idea out there: Now that I have a woodshop again, I figured I'd see if anyone wanted anything done. There's some things I could use for the bike.

Obviously, due to shipping, furniture would not be a very good idea (unless someone is in the Pacific Northwest area (WA/OR/ID/NorCal), then delivery may be possible), plus that would need to be a LOT of bike parts for furniture.

However, things like cutting boards, jewelry boxes, bedside valets, serving boards, mail organizers, wine bottle holders, etc. are all fairly easy to ship. Basically, I can do whatever you would want.

I can also do marquetry on any of the above, or for standalone art panels.

Here's one I'm currently working on. Kinda got distracted from finishing it for a while, but I'll probably start up again shortly.

Marquetry adds a lot of time to it, so that would increase the $$$ value should anyone want that.

Basically, it's up to you. Anything you want, let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.

Parts I would be interested in trading work for:

Front Wheel
Slip-on
4 09+ turn signals
Non-ebay adjustable levers
Textile waterproof slip-on pants ~34-36 waist
Parts needed for STR conversion (contemplating doing it)

Also open to other trades, or straight up money through paypal.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

See less See more
#3 ·
You ever do any cabinet work?

Also we've been considering getting a wooden address/name plaque for the end of of our driveway.

The last one is a bit strange but we want to hang a pot rack from our vaulted wood panel ceiling but our rafters are in the wrong place so I need something to bridge the rafters that I can hang the rack from. I was thinking of an wooden plaque of some sort that would kind of match our cabinets.

#12 ·
The cabinet is actually a storage bed. We have an old cheap one. It's basically to 6 drawer dressers with a sheet of particle board on top.

The sign would be routed yes.
Sure. If you are interested, shoot me a pm with more details and we can figure something out. I've got a couple real quick builds I'm going to do in the next few days but I can at least get a general idea going for you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#14 ·
I can do some wood work but nothing that fancy. That's some beautiful work. I've got some antique flooring I'm working into a top for a desk right now. It's a pain in the ass. Hard as hell and it's been through a fire.

oh squiggly line how I doth love how you make my tripple howl

#41 ·
Sounds good to me. My wife is getting on my case about getting the coffee table finished (started it a while ago, then got pulled off for a paying gig from Knolly), but there isn't much left to do on that. Just gotta finish up the top, and assemble/add drawers.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.