Triumph 675 Forums banner

6,000 mile service interval

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Chirp 
#1 ·
hey guys, i recently reached the 6000 mile mark on my 2015 street triple and was just wondering if it is something necessary or is it just entail an oil change? The quote i got from my dealership was $250 plus tax. what are your thoughts guys?

#2 ·
You don't have to take it to a dealer but it is a necessary service - oil and filter change, throttle body balance and brake fluid if it hasn't been done already. They're also supposed to go around and check for leaks, loose bolts etc and adjust your drive chain.

#6 ·
If you've got the time and tools, do the oil, brake fluid and so on yourself and take it to the dealer for the DTC and throttle body check. That should reduce the cost considerably as it takes next to no time. When I did that on my '12, the mechanics were busy so the service writer did it while I waited. Then the computer hiccuped and he said "just give me a 20." I suppose it helped that I'd know him for 15 yrs or so rode with him often, well, rode somewhere way behind him as his club name was 'Psycho...'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.