Triumph 675 Forums banner

What boots do you use?

30K views 121 replies 70 participants last post by  Acguy619 
#1 ·
Hi. I have some Alpinestars SMX-5 boots and they are fine, but after about 3 hours or so of street riding they start to hurt. What boots do you use and how do you use them? I am looking to get a sport boot with touring comfort.

#111 ·
Going 4 years on a pair of Sidi STs, the one square screw receiver is almost completely out because the leather it was molded to separated but other than that they've been good boots.

Thinking of trying A* this time around and getting a waterproof/adventure style boot as well in addition to a partial race one.

#113 ·
Going 4 years on a pair of Sidi STs, the one square screw receiver is almost completely out because the leather it was molded to separated but other than that they've been good boots.

Thinking of trying A* this time around and getting a waterproof/adventure style boot as well in addition to a partial race one.
As with the gentlemen above, I too most recently had Alpinestars SMX 6 boots, fantastic boot. I would call it race casual.

I have since moved up to the Alpinestars Super Tech-R due to the awesome sale that is ongoing with them.

#115 ·
Dainese TRQ Race Out Boots... have had them right at 3 years now. Got them on discount from Revzilla so I was stuck with the non-ventilated boots in mostly white. They were the cheapest boots with the anti-ankle twisting safety feature. Not the most comfortable but the next size up was too big. I can go all day in them but wouldn't want to do a lot of walking around in them. Didn't care for the all white at first but it grew on me as I replaced my leathers with new ones with some white panels. Held up pretty well so far, had to have the zipper fixed on one as it came off the track but it was $5 at a shoe repair place. Having non-vented boots sucks horribly though.

When time comes I'll probably give the newer version of these boots a shot.

#120 · (Edited)
AStars SMX Plus and Dainese ALPHA D-WP (short) here.
Size-wise Alpinestars boots are a perfect fit to my wide feet. For other brands normally need to go 1/2 size or even 1 size up. Sidi boots never work for me.

I also have IXS GoreTex boots that I purchased in 2001 from Gold Coast Motorsports in NY, based on their recommendation. They definitely served me (still serving) well after 16 yrs beyond expectations, and I still wear them in cold weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.