Triumph 675 Forums banner

tire grip

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  luciano136 
#1 ·
Any Angel GT users??? My bike of course has the Super Corsa, I recently hit a chunk of chain link fence in the road and lost the rear tire, place I went too didn't have one in stock, I ended up going with the Angel GT, I'm no gp rider but I can be pretty aggressive on the street when cornering, will this tire do what the corsa did?

#2 ·
I've had them before and never had any grip issues even at max lean angle. The only thing I noticed is that the turn in was a little slower because the profile is not quite as "oval" as some other tires. Now I am using Michelin 2CT tires; a little cheaper and a little more "flickable" so to speak.

#3 ·
There's not much that compares to the Supercorsa, especially a sport touring tire. This is coming from someone who loved his Angel GTs on the street and track alike. They're excellent for what they are. That said, I can't really see anyone needing the levels of grip a Supercorsa gives you on the street.

#4 ·
will this tire do what the corsa did?
No f'n way lol.

Pirelli claims the Angels are their best wet street tire. In fact, it's their best mileage tire too. The Angels are totally cross country tires that have mileage for days and perform extremely well under wet conditions. They do provide good feedback in dry as do all Pirelli tires.

Regarding grip, they are a night and day difference from the next up, the Rossos. Angels get extremely squirley and oily at high temps. Anything around 20+ degrees celsius ambient and you'll start losing feel of the road the more you press them. The Rossos and upwards all have superior traction (obviously at the cost of mileage) under heat.

However, if you're climate isn't too hot or you ride in the off season, they will likely perform better as the softer compounds need higher temps to reach optimal traction.

Pirelli starts listing race application at the Corsa level. The Angels, followed by Rossos are listed as street application.

The Angels are great tires and even if you ride hard in hot climates, they'll hold up around a turn, but expect to loose feeling from them more readily than the softer compounds. They aren't going to blow up nor will you low slide into an oncoming bus, but they'll provide far less feedback. Just ride smooth and don't be a ham fisted shmuck, you'll be fine ;)

I've run Angels, Rosso IIs (now III) and Corsas.

If I had to pick based on traction vs mileage, I'd say the Rosso IIIs are the optimal tire. They provide great feedback and excellent mileage. It most depends on application though.

#6 ·
The Angels are great tires and even if you ride hard in hot climates, they'll hold up around a turn, but expect to loose feeling from them......
argh........ I switched bikes with a forum member and I never felt like I had ANY feel with the Angels. No way I'd pick the Angels over Michelin Pilot Road2/3/4 or Bridgestone T30's.
You folks that tout up the Angels ever try anything else, lol?

#5 ·
I've had an Angel GT rear for about 6K miles, still looks and feels great. I've paired it the with stock Rosso Corsa front and now a Supercorsa front during that time.

#10 · (Edited)
great feed back guys thanks, I've already felt the difference from my old corsa with 3500 miles and this one brand new. and I don't like how slow it is to respond to cornering. I did not know this tire was more for sport touring. me I don't care how fast a tire wears out as long as I get great grip and even better feedback. I will be getting another super corsa or a Q3 as fast as possible. my bike has lost its best asset. handling and flickability that is so strong with the Daytona.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.